• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wanted: Wrestler Willing To Lose For Little $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
It's not a secret, TNA needs jobbers. In the Kip James thread, we all said that he'd be great as a "talent enhancement" for the stars, instead of letting the usual X Division stars lose week in and week out. But, we all also call for Deaner to be gone after Feast Or Fired.

It's about time we all recognize that TNA needs jobbers, and maybe keeping guys like Deaner, Kiyoshi, and Shark Boy on the roster is a good thing for the company. I'd much rather see Deaner lose to Steiner than Amazing Red, who did just that a few weeks ago.

The Knockout division, and tag division, are also having the same problem. Hemme and Traci are the only KO jobbers, and we just saw Hemme doing interviews. The tag division has no jobbers, so the problem is that good teams lose for no reason, and in crap matches.

What are your thoughts? Should TNA keep up what they've done, or keep the jobbers around and use them properly? Should the invest in local jobbers?

What are your thoughts? Should TNA keep up what they've done, or keep the jobbers around and use them properly? Should the invest in local jobbers?

Local jobbers might not be a bad idea, but they should have their own jobbers instead. There are enough guys on the roster who are doing nothing important that they could be jobbers for a while. In some of their cases it is better than having nothing to do because it would get them on tv more often even if they would be losing nearly every match they are in. So, I say that TNA should keep some jobbers around and use them properly because it gives the jobbers something to do and then midcard champions won't have to lose to guys like Steiner when they should be booked stronger.

I definitely think local jobbers could be a good idea, but I doubt it. They don't leave Orlando, so they have a limited pool to work with.

I wish they'd just use the ones they have more effectively. Shark Boy, Kip James, Cody Deaner, Kiyoshi, Bashir, Lethal Consequences, Hemme, and Traci could all be jobbers, and no one would complain they're losing, or need to be pushed. But, we get Kip v. Kiyoshi in web matches, Traci v Hemme on TV, and no sign of Creed in weeks.

Looks like Deaner is on his way out after the Feast Or Fired match too, and as much as I don't like him, there's no reason to think he wouldn't be a great jobber.

I'm completely and utterly opposed to the concept of jobbers. In my view, it does the exact opposite of making a wrestler look strong---it makes them look like they need a crutch, like management has no faith in them to get over that they need them to squash nothing-nobodies for nobody's real amusement save the people who make a drinking game out of it.

Meanwhile, while that point of view doesn't seem to ever get across much in the wrestling realm, I think if TNA wants to have its talent stand out from WWE in terms of job-squashing, they should have jobbers be made into their own unofficial tier, like "midcarders" and main eventers. Jobbers should fight one another, win over a small fanbase, so that when their squashtime comes, it can have some effect instead of just being "Boring New Guy vs Guy with no name or gimmick or credible chance of winning"

But thinking TNA wants to stand out from the WWE is in itself a quantum black hole of stupid, so I'd assume they'll just use local squashmeat and designate ensemble darkhorses like Kip James and "never-was"'s like Cory Deaner

While I like the idea of have jobbers available to help put wrestlers over, I think it would make much more sense for TNA to use them once they have more than 2 hours of TV a week. As it stands now, alot of the TNA roster are not on TV for weeks at a time. Adding jobbers to the mix will only prolong that.

Now once they get additional programming, like another 2 hours, then it makes more sense to use jobbers more, but not right now.

I think if TNA wants to have its talent stand out from WWE in terms of job-squashing, they should have jobbers be made into their own unofficial tier, like "midcarders" and main eventers. Jobbers should fight one another, win over a small fanbase, so that when their squashtime comes, it can have some effect instead of just being "Boring New Guy vs Guy with no name or gimmick or credible chance of winning"

I don't get it. You want another 20 minutes of the show devoted to a mostly boring "division" of guys who will fight to job to the stars? Don't they already have the X division? I like the innovation, or at least the attempt at it, but I'm thinking this is a bad idea or at least a bad attempt at sharing an idea.

I'm not sure about ADDING jobbers to use, but I love the idea of using the jobbers they already have. First of all, when I say jobber I mean no disrespect to the performer. A jobber used on Impact does not need to be a career jobber. It can also be someone just not being used anywhere else at the moment. Consequences Creed, Kip James, Kiyoshi...it's been stated on this thread already that they should be working with main eventers and mid carders more often than they work with each other, and I couldn't agree more. I am by no means much of a Kip James fan, but seeing him lose to Wolfe or Daniels is much more of a (pardon the pun) impact on me as a viewer than seeing him win pointless webmatches...and a HELL of a lot more of an impact than seeing Wolfe get rolled up by Styles...well, more of the kind of impact they want to make anyway.

If there is anything possibly good coming out of Hogan's arrival it's that there will be new (to TNA) faces around backstage. Whether Hogan brings in the Nasty Boys to "enhance" talent up and down the tag team ladder, or whether he brings them in to force feed us Nasty Boys vs Team 3D until oblivion remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back