Wanderlei Silva vs. Akiyama or Bisping?

jmt225

Global Moderator
Which would you rather see at UFC 110 in Australia, Wanderlei Silva vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama, or Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping?

The Wandy/Sexyama fight has been rumored for months now, but it looks like Sexyama is having a contract dispute or something like that, and Dana White has said if they can't work things out, then it will be Bisping vs. Wanderlei at UFC 110.

I have to say, either way is fine for me, because watching Wanderlei fight is ALWAYS a pleasure, but if I could choose who I would like to see him fight at UFC 110, I think I would go with Sexyama.

I'm a big fan of Bisping as I've made clear for quite some time, but he'll just avoid Wanderlei the entire fight and try and get him a decision. That's how he fights against power punchers (look at his fights against Chirs Leben and Dan Henderson for proof of that). Whereas I think Akiyama would stand and trade with Wandy, which would of course lead to a much more entertaining fight. Besides, Akiyama is just a character and it's always fun to see him in action. We haven't had the pleasure of doing so since UFC 100, so the sooner we get to see him back in that octagon, the better.

I would personally much rather see Wandy fight Sexyama instead of fighting Bisping, for now. A fight between Silva and Akiyama would be huge for Akiyama at this stage in his career. Silva has been a shell of his former self since coming to the UFC but a win for Akiyama over him would deffinantly put his name on the map whereas Bisping is already a known name throughout the UFC community. If Akiyama wins then the UFC finally has another legit contedner in the ever dry Middleweight division. The Middleweight needs some new stars that can shine and I honestly believe Akiyama is that guy but he needs to prove it against a big name fighter such as Wanderlei Silva. Bisping doesn't need it anyways he is already famous from TUF, though I would love to see Bisping get knocked the fuck out again by Wandy. I say Akiyama/Silva for UFC Australia, Bring on the new stars.

I have to go with Bisping,I know that Sexyama would probably be a more exciting fight, and like INDYjon22 said If Sexyama won it might launch another big name middleweight contender in the the floundering division, and Bisping already is a known star. Honestly I dont think a win over Wandy, would really help that much for either Bisping or Sexyama, everybody is in agreement that Wandy's best day are behind him, and If any body ever tried to use those victories as credible battles. It would be just be shot down as a win against a over-the-hill,out of his prime Wandy. On the other hand If Wanderlei Wins this fight with Bisping, I hope that he gets motivated and realizes that he can still perform fine and with the proper training, and proper mindset of a cage fighter he could start performing like he used too. The mans only 33 and still has plenty of time to regain his spot as a contender and all it might need to to that would be a win over a top name talent like Micheal Bisping to get the fire buring again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back