Wade Barrett as SD GM?

CelticCorey

Getting Noticed By Management
So I was looking on another forum and I came across a thread on how somebody would change SD:

"Make Wade Barrett the evil manipulating General Manager with Skip Sheffield and Brodus Clay as his personal security."

I couldn't help but drool at the thought of this idea. I'm probably one of the few people who actually likes Teddy Long. But this would be an AMAZING idea and it would've been EVEN better if this happened while Wade had all the momentum in the world. Barrett could give Skip the rub and I'm sure many of you know how I feel about Brodus Clay. I could see it right now with him being the sinister GM in a suit and giving himself title matches.

Wade as the Smackdown GM would be good IF he was out of action with an injury or something. But until then they should let Barrett compete in the ring and make a name for himself.
Wade should win the the world title sometime in 2012. And I would not like to see that cut short because of a GM role.

I'm a fan of Sheffield and Brodus. They're too big men who can really wrestle. Especially Brodus. I like the "World's largest suplex machine" thing he's got going on. And Sheffield I can see as a modern day Goldberg if he returns as a dominant babyface.

Haven't we been down the heel authority figure road enough times already? Barrett has unique ability when he has a microphone in his hand, very few would dispute that. Why would he be given the role though? Teddy Long seems entrenched in his role, plus isn't Ryder currently his assistant. With Ryder just getting "promoted" to that spot by HHH recently, I just don't see this happening.

The move would give Barrett much more time on-screen with a microphone, but does absolutely nothing for him as a wrestler. Many believe he is a future world champion. I am not one of those people, which is common knowledge to anyone who has read any of my previous posts concerning him. That being said, this move would do considerable damage to him doing anything as an actual wrestler. Barrett is rapidly losing standing as a threat in the ring, winning matches only sparingly over the course of the calender year. Taking him out of the ring, having him be a biased general manager, and hiding behind enforcers would further cement his status as a non-entity in any future title programs (World Title or secondary). The best route for Barrett is develop a character with a motive or goal, then pursue them while competing in the ring.

Wade Barret's as SD's GM could work, but as the fellow poster have already mentioned, Wade Barret's is not Hot right now in the ring and he needs to come to the party by working good matches/promos/feuds, which ever makes him looks like a credible threat. He has the skill to pull it off, and HHH making him GM would make some sense, since it would give a hint/indication towards HHH being RAW anonymous GM and Barret's big picture, which he used to talk about last year.

Actually, HHH promo with R-truth was so entertaining, which gave me an idea that HHH will try to make it interesting by saying that he is just reducing his workload, by making some deputies on both RAW and SD. He can make Barret's as his deputy (SD's GM) to take care of Taker's return, which means taker would directly be feuding with HHH on return, but HHH will put Barret and CORE in front, and ask Taker to deal with it. I think thats all Barret/CORE needs, a solid feud with Taker, and SD would be Huge again with Two main stories going in parallel, which is Christian vs Orton, and Taker vs CORE

He can also make R-Truth RAW GM, and ask him to resolve all the conspiracies against him himself. He can give 2-3 weeks time to R-truth (something similar to Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty) to resolve all conspiracies if he can or else R-truth will be forced to go to Mental Asylum :). Needless to say, if you throw Cena, Punk and Miz in this, it could lead to one of the most entertaining angles ever in WWE. I agree that WWE doesn't need to disturb Cena/Punk/HHH feud right now, but still making R-truth coming into the mix once in a while for comic relief could be interesting.

Wade Barrett. As SD Gm. With Brodus Clay and Skip Sheffield as bodyguards. SOMEONE CALL TRIPLE H!!!!!

I LOVE this idea! It would be perfect for SD!!! Wade Barrett is an evil little jerk who we saw on commentary for FCW- so we know he's a great talker and Nexus proved he's agood planner. Well, mostly. So him as Gm would stir things up, give us good matches towatch, and perhaps bring a new era to the WWE?

I'm not a big fan of this, I mean it would help advance Barrett as a heel, but I've seen enough of him being a "leader" type, it's time for him to have some solid wrestling feuds. He needs to start making his way up the card, putting him in at GM would just add another wrinkle to his character and, for all we know, it could completely fail. People get too extravagant with their fantasy booking, whatever happened to wrestlers wrestling? He needs to focus on getting his character on track and securing an upper-midcard spot to launch himself into the main event, nothing more.

Crock said it. Why is Barrett being considered by people here for a non-wrestling role? His match against Daniel Bryan at Summerslam was the best match I've ever seen from him. If anything, now is the time for Barrett for focus on ring work. His promo stuff he can absolutely nail, that's fine.

If anything, his power moves and style, plus his match at Summerslam in comparison with his matches with Zeke, show that generally Barrett needs to be booked against smaller opponents to look his best. Someone who's a face like Daniel Bryan is perfect for this. If Christian was still face even he'd be an option. There's a few guys on Raw that would be excellent to give Barrett. Kofi, Morrison, Bourne ... any one of these guys could have a class couple of matches with him. Barrett to handle the promo stuff - after all, antagonists drive, heroes react - and the younger guys to generally carry the match and accentuate Barrett's power moves.

Barrett should only be looking to go into a non-wrestling kind of role when he can't wrestle i.e. injury or later on in his career, in which case I would heavily suggest colour commentator rather than GM, based on his promo style.

No. Barrett is too good of an in-ring performer to take out of the ring, especially considering how SD! fared in the last draft. Besides, Smackdown without Teddy Long or Vicki Guerrero in charge would seem just weird after all this time. And no to the Brodus clay & Skip Sheffield idea. Barrett has had enough of these stables with the Nexus and the Corre. He needs to shine on his own; he has the skills to do it.

That's an interesting idea but it would be better for later on down the line because Barrett is still young and has a whole career ahead of him. He would make a great heel GM similar to Regal once he gets older. I would enjoy that. They should wait though so he can get a couple of main event runs and world title reigns first due to the large potential he has.

No offence but I think this is a ridicolous idea. Barrett is one of my favorite wrestlers and I'd much prefer him in the ring fighting for titles than a GM.

basically you would take someone who has a chance of being a main event wrestler (or as currently situated, is someone who could be a jobber to the stars/have an IC title or a US title run currently.....) and instead of that potential (or current status) you would remove teddy long (and zack ryder) from any and all fictitious GM roles and instead saddle someone as young as wade barrett with something that only ex wrestlers (or ex ref's/managers do) in terms of GM'ing. seriously... hes only 30 and I do think he has some main event potential, so handcuffing him with something like that is not what he should be looking to, or hoping to get.... he has better things awaiting him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back