• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wade Barrett Article

Wade's Public Transit Bomb

Championship Contender
Without posting the whole thing... Here are some excerpt:

Stu Bennett - better known as World Wrestling Entertainment’s Wade Barrett - tells Donna McKenzie about his Lancashire roots, how he went from working in a science lab to grappling with some of the biggest names in sports entertainment and his excitement at potentially becoming the first British WWE champion.

“Coming back as the first British champion would be a huge event,” says Stu. “When we were in the UK earlier this year I told the crowd I was guaranteeing them one day I would become the first ever British WWE champion and I still stand by that.

“People always talk about how the UK has terrible food and that American food is the best in the world,” he says. “But the weird thing is the food out here (in the US) tastes completely different.

“More than anything I definitely miss the food over in England. While I’m in the North I’ll be getting myself a nice meat and potato pie which is something I really enjoy eating over there.”

“But to suddenly go from what I’d done in the past - from being very academic – to doing something like sports entertainment and going off and wrestling, they found very bizarre.

And so Wade Barrett - named in part after former Preston rugby player and member of Lancashire Constabulary Wade Dooley - was born.

Stu said: “I think Wade Barrett is just an extension of my dark side. He's the side of me I tend to keep hidden from the public. There's the nice side that I show the public and then there's a dark side and Wade Barrett is just me expressing the dark side.”

Another amazing moment came last Sunday when he became one of a very small number of wrestlers to kick out of top star John Cena's finishing move The Attitude Adjustment. There were even resounding cheers of “Let's go Barrett” from the crowd.

Full article

The guy used to be a marine biologist and a scrawny bastard. And I am sure his patriotism isn't a surprise to the Brits here. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back