Wade Barret- Next US champ?

ctln4rko

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok, with Miz cashing in, ( my favorite wrestler cough cough) at TLC, odds are he will face Orton. But what will happen to Nexus Leader Wade Barret? What will his actions be on raw? I am throwing a wild idea out, but what if...
Barret comes on Raw. He is mad that Miz is champ, and orton gets his match. Wade says that he is still relevant, and to prove so will take the us title from Daniel Bryan. Bryan comes out. Wade talks about how Bryan missed the chance to be a part of the best stable/ group the WWE, even wrestling, has seen in YEARS, in not ever. So Bryan says he will face Barret at TLC. Barret wins? or the feud carries on for a while. Thoughts?

This makes no sense.

Why would the top Raw heel purposely drop himself down to midcard status to face Daniel Bryan? He's been feuding with John Cena and has been the main event of the Raw broadcast for months now. It would make little to no sense for him to deliberately ruin everything he's been building up for months and months.

Nexus is not after the US Title. They want to take over Raw and have Wade Barrett be their world champion. Period.

i think you should think before opening a thread next time. this is completely ******ed and pointless. as D-Man said why would the top heel drop down to face bryan? seriously. odds are TLC will probably be a triple threat (has there ever been a triple threat TLC match??) the only reason miz is the champ is because of barret and the rest of nexus so the Miz isn't going to get away without re-paying barret.

Barrett doesn't need a midcard title to keep him relevant because he is still firmly in the main event. It doesn't really matter than he doesn't have the WWE title, as long as he is still over and feuding with the big guys he is still in the big time.

The US Championship should be used to elevate somebody into the main event, like it did with the Miz. Perhaps giving the title to a more established guy who has worked the midcard and the main event will help to raise the profile and worth of the belt (kinda like with the IC title when Mysterio and Jericho feuded) but putting it on Barrett wouldn't really help him at all - if anything it would make him look weak for having to settle for second best.

I wouldn't be surprised to see DiBiase back in the US title picture at some point as he could do with the momentum. Justin Gabriel could be good shout too but not while he is tag team champ.

that sounds pretty dumb. if they ever fued it will not be for a long time and definately not for the mid card belt, barrett's not going down a notch and Bryan isn't going anywhere but up. so when these two fued they will both be in the main event

Hmm, You Make an Interesting Point but.....

Giving Him a Mid-Card Title Would Do Nothing for him.

Basically, he would be Better off without the Title and Give it to Someone who actually needs it.

There are Plenty of Of other Superstars that need it more, Barrett Should Stay where he is, in the Cena thing.

I can see David Otunga going after the US title but not Barrett. They can set up a backstage segment where Otunga is pissed about Bryan getting eliminated before him but still getting a title first. Im not big on Otunga but I think a program with an actual wrestler would be good for him.

Have the guy (Wade Barrett) who is feuding with the biggest name in wrestling (John Cena) drop down to compete for the US Title. How can that in any way would that make sense. Well it doesn't. Barrett won't be competing for the US Title anytime soon and even after his feud with Cena is over, I do believe he will be a strong challenger for the WWE Title.

i dont know why everyone is bashing this idea so much. barrett has been chasing the world title the entire time he's been on raw. and now he is completely out of the picture. yes nexus and cena were part of the storyline but the main point of it all was to get barrett the title. and now he's out of the ME. Miz took his place. it makes perfect sence that barrett would then go to replace miz in the midcard. if barrett was the top heel on raw then he'd be wwe champ, not Miz. clearly barrett is not ready for a wwe title run so why not give him a feud with daniel bryan and the US title. this feud would greatly increase the prestige of the U.S. title. bryan, possible the best technical wrestler on raw right now, and barrett, the SECOND best heel on raw, would be a great fued and have the pack story to make sense.

great thread and great idea ctln4rko.

Ok I actualy see Wade Barrett as the U.S Champion! I see Wade bringing focus to the Mid-Card level and bringing some kind of action with him. Lets face it the U.S/IC CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE WAY OVER LOOKED! IT WAS A TIME WHEN THE U.S/IC ment something you was actually considered a #1 contender in the early 90's and thats how I think thats how it should be. I say lets get back to BASICS!!!!

I didn't read all of the comments so if you already said this sorry. But it would be a possibility if Wade Hypes up David Otunga to take the title from Bryan. and Wade keep pursuing his WWE Title hunt so that Nexus will "Hold all the Gold"

Granted, I do think at this point, there could be TOO many people vying for Miz's WWE title, you have Orton, and Cena interjecting himself (even though he's kayfabe fired). However, you also see that Wade will STOP at nothing to get that belt, I really don't know what the point is of him winning a belt that would mean nothing to him anyway?

Granted, I'd like him to have a belt, but Ted Jr, and Daniel Bryan are kinda in their own battle. Then you have Sheamus, now the KOTR, and if HHH happens to come back, with all these little mini-feuds, that will eventually form into a ONE BIG feud for the WWE title. I'm as big a Wade mark as anyone else can tell you, but what would be the point of putting IC /US belt on someone who wouldn't be happy with it no matter how prestigious the belt is? Especially when you consider that Nexus still has their own personal strife within the group?? I really think they are not going to drop Wade from this major belt run just yet. While practical as it would seem to soothe him with another belt, its very illogical to tide him over with a belt that would be 'meaningless' to the character of the Nexus leader.

It just wouldn't work. Fueding with the Mid-Carder for the US champ would not be very smart and drop his status lower. Now maybe if it was a short feud not for the champion it would be ok.

Wade Barrett is probably still very much in the WWE Championship picture at this point in time and that's where he should remain I believe. Barrett's been relentless and extremely underhanded in his pursuit of the title and, as far as kayfabe is concerned, has legit beefs for not being WWE Champion. After all, he had Orton pinned a few weeks ago and Cena cost him the victory. Barrett will probably be in the title scene overall, though his presence won't be as strong as it has been for a while as his primary focus will be on John Cena.

As for the United States Championship, I fully expect that Daniel Bryan's next real feud will be against CM Punk. The feud was already supposed to have started but Punk had some injuries that he's been rehabbing instead of undergoing surgery for. He's expected to be back in the ring next month, at least based upon the last bit of info I read about it a week or so ago. It's possible, I suppose, that Punk could wind up costing Daniel Bryan the United States Championship at some point though I'd personally rather see the title involved as it would just elevate it even more so.

I rarely say that something will never happen but I feel pretty confident that Wade Barrett will be staying in the main event picture on Raw for the foreseeable future. I know that anything can happen in the WWE but he is one of the guys that the WWE are putting a lot of stock into and there is no way that they can let him lose such an amount of momentum that would cause him to tumble back down to the US Championship picture. Such a thing would be so detestably ridiculous that the WWE would be picking up the flak for that for the next couple of years.

That being said, Wade Barrett could easily become the next US Champion. The problem with the idea is that he would then need to defend that title and it would take him out of the WWE Championship picture and that just isn't an option at this point in time. Although Miz cashed in his case on Raw a couple of weeks ago, Barrett still has enough in the tank of the Nexus to get him back into that frame along with Randy Orton.

Orton will be the next contender for the WWE Championship because of his rematch clause and I would fully expect The Miz to come out victorious from that one. When he is, Randy Orton will have no option but to take a step back from the main event and Wade Barrett could easily fill that void. There is no way that Barrett will be the next US Champion... I think.

Ok as much as I would like a to see a Nexus/Bryan fued I don't see it happening woulda made more sense when they won tag title and Barret was going after World title to try to totaly dominate Raw.Also,They coulda had a built in fued when he returned after being fired and was the last member in the elimination tag match.

But to say who the next US Champ while I like the Idea of Punk,I don't think Bryan has the title when Punk comes back.I think the next US Champ will be Miz's other rookie on NXT Alex Riley.

Wade will not drop down to midcard after having three title chances in the past month. If a member of nexus does win the us title, he would have to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back