Viscerally Disturbing, Round 1: Aftermath vs. Saw IV

Which Film Is More Disturbing?

• Aftermath

• Saw IV

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Aftermath (1994, Directed by Nacho Cerda)

a-1.jpg

Synopsis: A guy who may or may not be a coroner defiles a dead, female body in an autopsy room for 30 minutes.

Why This Film Was Chosen: A guy who may or may not be a coroner defiles a dead, female body in an autopsy room for 30 minutes.

Key Disturbing Moment: A guy who may or may not be a coroner defiles a dead, female body in an autopsy room for 30 minutes.

vs.

Saw IV (2007, Directed by Darren Lynn Bousman)

siv.jpg

Synopsis: Just Jigsaw being Jigsaw.

Why This Film Was Chosen: Because it's the goriest film of the Saw franchise, and the franchise needed to be represented in here because of how well-known it is.

Key Disturbing Moment: After being put into one of Jigsaw's contraptions, an alleged rapist's limbs are torn off after he fails to rip out both of his eyeballs.​

After reading the synopsis of Aftermath and refreshing my memory on what transpired in Saw 4 I can safely say that Aftermath is the more disturbing film. Necrophilia should be enough to push this film through to the next round, which honestly that is more disgusting then any of the traps in Saw 4. While Saw films are graphic in their violent content they are always incredibly improbable, whereas necrophilia is not so improbable, as well as someone just generally fucking with corpses, now feeding a heart to household pet, I don't about that business. Point being, the actions depicted in Aftermath are much more disturbing because they actually seem real.

Winner: Aftermath.

This one isn't really even debatable as the answer as so clearly Aftermath that the only way I could see someone voting for Saw would be that they've never seen Aftermath, which I'm guessing most people on here haven't. You can watch the whole film on DailyMotion and I believe on YouTube as well, so go look it up if you want to watch it, just be prepared for something beyond dark and disturbing, the kind of film that seemingly shows you the look into a real psychopath's mind, not a catchphrase-wielding cartoonish villain psychopath like Jigsaw. Aftermath, like all of Cerda's short films in his trilogy, shows us a peak into the darkest, most horrible recesses of humanity, in all of it's cruelty (Aftermath) and beauty (Genesis).

Easy vote for Aftermath here. There are few more viscerally disturbing films.

Haven't seen Aftermath, and don't intend to.

However, it still gets my vote. Why? Simple... Saw IV was shit, and it sure as hell wasn't disturbing.

Aftermath though... I mean, it's a fucking autopsy, and one that looks legitimate from all accounts. You don't know these people or what's going on... of course that's going to grip you on some level. But Saw IV offers nothing that can make me cringe or turn my head for a second. It's a silly American horror movie, whereas Aftermath is one of the most notorious films of all time. Easy choice.

Sav IV was pretty terrible along with the most of the Saw movies. I actually saw Aftermath and Genesis on Netflix. Aftermath was really disturbing and had a quite a few scenes where I looked away. It was very realistic like. There is nothing realistic or disturbing about someone getting their head chopped off by a fake bear trap. Aftermath wins this one hands down.

If being serious, Aftermath should probably win this whole thing.

Why?

Becuase that shit probably happens. Far more regularly than any of us would like to think. How weird does one have to be to even do that job in the first place? How weird would you become after doing it for numerous years? How would it warp someones mind, and their veiw of the human body, and what lines would blur for them?

Aftermath is probably far more legit on a day to day basis than any other movie in this tournament, and that makes it FAR more disturbing than some elaborate ridiculous bullshit like SAW.

Yeah, yeah, I voted Aftermath like everyone else. Why? I think the description I wrote in the OP says it all, although, for an American wide-release, I commend Saw IV for stretching the R-rating as far as it could go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back