• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vinyl Record Appreciation Thread

I’m a huge a record collector and nothing I love more than listening to music on my record player. I’ve been collecting records for many years now. My first record I got was a Chevy Chase record. I was at a record store with my friend when I saw that record for 2 bucks. At the time I didn’t own a record player or any other record I just knew that you couldn’t turn down a Chevy Chase record for 2 bucks. After that I got addicted and felt like I needed every record. My collection consists of punk/classic rock/jazz/movie soundtracks. I’m more into collecting rare limited records. I have a few test press records and I’ve dropped a decent amount of money for one record and spent a few thousand dollars for the rest of the collection. I just like that feeling when you won something that not everyone else can have. I love the smell of an old record it has that unique smell I can’t really describe but if you smelled it you know what I’m talking about. I think that music sounds it best when it’s played on a record player. Records are timeless and will always be around. Right now I only have 3 crates that I put my records in my ultimate goal is to own a huge bookshelves where I good put all my records. I’m always searching on eBay going to record stores always trying to add more to my collection.

How many other people on here collect records

I'm pretty new to collecting vinyl, about 2 years in now. My first was Ceremony- Rohnert Park, I pre ordered it online cause I thought it would be kinda cool to have one of their records and I haven't stopped since. I mainly collect old punk rock and modern hardcore records. Currently working on picking up everything Black Flag has put out but some are kind of pricey. In Boise we have the record exchange but they are usually over priced, there was just a DIY punk record store called Out of Vogue that opened up about a year ago where I go buy some. Great prices and cool people running it.

I as well am new to the vinyl game, I probably have maybe 50-60 records. Most are classic rock with a couple of newer pop records (the wife's). My first record was Abbey Road by The Beatles. I'm pretty sure the most expensive one I bought was from a small used book/record shop. Layla & Other Assorted Love songs by Derek and the Dominos for like $15 which was just awesome. I don't buy many new (as in shrink wrapped) records as the genre/bands I'm most interested in are not really producing many records at this point and any records that do come out from them tend to be recorded onto the vinyl from a digital source which kind of defeats the purpose imo.

Other notable records: Meat Loaf Bat (Out of Hell), The Beatles (Magical Mystery Tour), Neil Young (After The Gold Rush), Led Zeppelin (IV (Zoso)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back