• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vince to buy Newcastle United?

michael.foulds

I'm Awesome ;)
I don't know if people have heard, but apparently Vince has been linked with buying Newcastle United Football Club. Apparently it was rumours, but the WWE haven't denied this yet, whilst Newcastle have, and they're known to be a secretive club.

I'm just wondering what people's opinions on this is?

My own opinion is from an unbiased view it would be good for Newcastle and WWE as Newcastle get over 50,000 in each week and are currently doing well in the Premier League, but as a Sunderland fan (fellow Englishmen will get the reason why) I don't particularly want this to happen :p

Do you have a link or something of where these rumours are being mentioned. As a fan of English Football in general I could not be happier that someone might be buying Newcastle, their board has been horrendous to the managers and Ashley has to go.

Vince would definitely be an interesting chairman for a football club. I'd be interested to see how much money he gives them if he does take over and like you say it can only work wonders for both WWE and Newcastle

Wait till Lee gets word of this....

If Vince gets an advisor who knows what he's doing, rather than Vince thinking he knows what's best, then this could be a good thing. As it's been said, the Newcastle board have made horrible decisions in the past, from hiring unproven managers to sacking managers who were bringing the club back to successful ways, Vince might actually be a breath of fresh air... I never thought I'd say that about Vince buying an English football club...

It's been ruled false according to internet reports. Type in the football league name and Vince McMahon and you will soon see it.

As a toon fan of corse this would be awesome! even better if he gets cena to f.u mike ashley out the fucking stadium the fat pig what he is lmao But serious if vince does do this, it could make his one step closer to ppvs in te uk again. Because the metro arena gets house shows but its not big enough to get ppvs and invasion a couple of years ago looked really poo there. But if vince owned newcastle he could cover up the pitch and put a ring on top for ppvs every one in a while. Then i would go to see wwe live again haha

Lol now why would Vince spend money which he will never get back on a team like Newcastle? Who fans would have you believe they are a big team but nothing more than a bottom 10 team (Everton, Liverpool, Villa etc will soon over take them in the league) then have to generate a good 50 million pounds, which is what 75 million dollars (not exact figure, summing up to keep it easy) just on players and then the wages etc. I could understand if he wanted to buy Liverpool when they were for sale, as you are buying the brand, history and so on which boosts your portfolio hugely.

You are talking a good 150 million dollars and thats before making any revenue. The fact it wasn't covered by Sky Sports News at all shows it is nothing more than a lie and no truth in the matter to even bother reporting it.

I could never see Vince going into the football world (no not the American one, we all know what happened there) due to the sheer demands of it and the financial pressures that come with it.

I am a big England soccer fan(I prefer Man U). This would be awesome seeing some attitude injected into English soccer. I would love to see Vince screaming orders at them when they're playing against Arsenal then pile driving the goalie because he let an easy shot go through. Or maybe cross promoting. The new Sponsor of Newcastle U World Wrestling Entertainment.

well i personally think it would be a great deal... althou i dont like newcastle (other than carroll) i mean it be hard at first, but it was said before w/ a good advisor it could work! althou and dont see how it would do "wonders" for wwe.

p.s. GO GUNNERS!!

I don't know why Vince would buy it. Does any American already own a British soccer....I mean football...team/club? And does Vince know anything about the sport?

I don't know if non wrestling fans would appreciate an American, when soccer in America isn't that popular compared to anything else, owning one of their clubs.

So if one of you British guys could enlighten me, that would be great.

I don't know why Vince would buy it. Does any American already own a British soccer....I mean football...team/club? And does Vince know anything about the sport?

I don't know if non wrestling fans would appreciate an American, when soccer in America isn't that popular compared to anything else, owning one of their clubs.

So if one of you British guys could enlighten me, that would be great.

Man U are owned by the Glazer family, who are having a lot of success, Sunderland are owned by Ellis Short (also an American billionaire) and before he came in they were bottom of the championship (2nd division), a couple of years on they are 6th in the premier league and beating teams like Man City, so I think it would be a worthwhile investment.

And who ever said that Newcastle aren't a big club, they are they just have a shit board and a tight owner to achieve anything. How can a club that had probably the best manager of all time behind Alex Ferguson - Bobby Robson - the best striker in the game for a long while - Alan Shearer - and the best premiership goalkeeper till Joe Hart - Shay Given. How can anyone say they don't have potential to be a big team again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back