Vince should buy the indys

THE Great GAMMA

Pre-Show Stalwart
I know the economy isn’t that great and well the wrestling business is dwindling from the boom of the 90s. But what if Vince bought TNA and an Indy Promotion say DGUSA or ROH.
But unlike WCW Vince doesn’t have to go on their show and blow his load all over it. He could just be behind the scenes and build up both promotions using his marketing genius to uplift both companies while leaving the wrestling as is.
This way he makes more money and allows talent an easier route to “The Big Leagues”
You could use both promotions as feeder companies as the places to create stars and have them establish themselves and hone their craft before being called up to the main roster. (I know the NXT sort of does this but that is only small scale and only teaches the WWE way)
What they could do is have guys debut in ROH where actual wrestling ability is the focal point.
Then they can move up to TNA where they can develop their on-screen persona and promo skills and if they are good enough get called up to NXT to complete the mould and then to WWE main roster as a well rounded performer.
This could also “clean up” the business from a drug perspective.
But anyways this is just a thought.

That's an awful, awful idea, in every possible feasible way.

Part of what makes the other promotions of the world interesting is that they offer alternatives to the WWE. If WWE buys their "competitors", shall we call it, everyone's going to have to adapt to the WWE's style. Saying Vince doesn't have to blow his load all over these purchased companies is like saying a bonobo doesn't have to hump mangoes; it doesn't, but you know it's going to happen anyway.

Let's not get it twisted, if Vince gets his hands on the indys, and TNAs of the world, the wrestling business will suffer for it. It suffered when WWE bought WCW, and it'll suffer here, too.

Poor idea, jack
Vince doesn't stop being Vince
This would end poorly

I think some sort of minor league system would work for the industry. Obviously the other promotions would agree that WWE would have no creative input into their product. If VKM was to completely take them over the WWE product would be even softer than what it is now.

-ROH and would be for the wrestling
-TNA would be for promo styles and more seasoned talent getting ready for WWE
-NXT would be the finished product for wrestlers ready for the main roster
-Talent that would get promoted can be demoted if they don't respond very well
-ROH would be Single A
-TNA would be Double A
-NXT would be Triple A

Things must be on sale to be bought.

TNA's parent company has more money than Vince.

Selling the only other nationally viable brand in the country for money they don't need?? Makes Sense... To You... To the rest of us... :rolleyes:

What you're describing is kind of what Vince tried to do with ECW in 2006. The third brand that would be the minor league right? And at the same time make some decent money for WWE.

After that big failure I doubt that they would ever want get involved on that level again with a minor league promotion.

That's an awful, awful idea, in every possible feasible way.

Part of what makes the other promotions of the world interesting is that they offer alternatives to the WWE. If WWE buys their "competitors", shall we call it, everyone's going to have to adapt to the WWE's style. Saying Vince doesn't have to blow his load all over these purchased companies is like saying a bonobo doesn't have to hump mangoes; it doesn't, but you know it's going to happen anyway.

Let's not get it twisted, if Vince gets his hands on the indys, and TNAs of the world, the wrestling business will suffer for it. It suffered when WWE bought WCW, and it'll suffer here, too.

Poor idea, jack
Vince doesn't stop being Vince
This would end poorly

Things must be on sale to be bought.

TNA's parent company has more money than Vince.

Selling the only other nationally viable brand in the country for money they don't need?? Makes Sense... To You... To the rest of us... :rolleyes:

These guys hit the nail on the head, and I'd just like to add that the independents, ROH, and TNA, are already the minor leagues. Why would Vince pay for something he gets for free? NXT exists to acquaint wrestlers with the WWE style. It's a fine system, and it's working to a tee.

Also, what good does this really do Vince? These smaller promotions aren't very profitable, and the cost of operating them would just take away from what WWE is able to spend elsewhere. WWE also becomes accountable for a slew of independent wrestlers in this scenario, and the second one of them does something stupid or dies the media will descend on WWE like jackals.

Just not a good idea all around.

The reason I agree WWE should have some sort of financial input to both ROH and DGate USA is you allow those promotions to still run the wrestling product but similiar to ECW help those promotions out with some of the production costs. I believe WWE would make those promotions sign a non-compete clause also WWE could help those promotions with DVD Distribution. ROH and DGate would agree in principle that WWE would have access to their archives and only the other promotion can make any editing to the archives and dvd's. You can never have enough archival footage when you plan on having your own network. The only cost WWE should participate in with the other promotions is no more than 30% of production costs.

There's no real reason to buy up other promotions, IMO.

Even if TNA was for sale (it may not be for sale but if WWE offered enough it would sell) they would just be buying a company that basically makes them look better by comparison. When they bought WCW they bought legitimate competition and a huge library, even if they were fading at the time. It was the nail in the coffin of a feud. There is no feud with TNA, they pose no threat and any talent WWE wants they can have, with the exception of a handful of guys who would quit if WWE bought them anyway.

As far as the other indies, small independant wrestling companies bring the action to places that wouldn't otherwise have it which in turn generates interest in wrestling on the whole, which generates interest in WWE. WWE has no need to buy them, they are better off just letting them be.

Vince buying TNA would destroy pro wrestling as we know it forever. Although TNA do not offer anywhere near the amount of audiences Raw and ppv's do, they still are an alternative brand. Seeing wwe's past flavours of the month in another company is still refreshing. Its good to see how TNA approach storylines and how effective they are. Often in the last year I have heard how better TNA has been in recent times which is always refreshing, bit of competitiveness is brilliant viewing. I have always though of a wwe/tna crossover but am aware that there are always fatalities (ecw and wcw killed by wwf/e)

I've had a similar opinion on this issue for a while, yes Vince should get involved in indys but not buy them, and especially not buy TNA! They're like their only competitor at this point. What Vince needs to do is set-up a sponsorship deal with small indy companies around the country (and possibly world), offer them some financial support in return for hopefully developing/finding from there the next big WWE star. They need a system like this and to expand it to increase the quality of the wrestlers and their development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back