• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vince Reportedly Furious Backstage

George Steele's Barber

Advertise Here $9.95/month
From the main page

Backstage sources are reporting that Vince McMahon was furious backstage at both Mania and Raw the next night over difficulty with The Undertaker. Original plans for his match were to see him beat Reigns but after annual contract negotiations broke down Vince changed the ending to what you mostly saw on Sunday night.

Vince reportedly had two contracts ready for Taker. A typical one year deal culminating at next Mania and a performing/legends deal that saw Taker step in to the Raw GM role for awhile. At this meeting Taker, who strongly believes he has at least five more years to give, expressed his desire for more years, dates, and money. Vince was completely unprepared for this and lost his cool when Taker mentioned Anthem and an offer they had on the table.

Further, another source high up in Impact Wrestling had told Wrestlezone that Anthem and Jeff Jarrett are looking for a game changer to their roster and had through back channels offered Undertaker a five year deal similar in money and dates to what Brock Lesnar is said to receive. Plans also called for Impact to put the title on Taker as soon as he signs a contract even if his first appearance won't come until long after he receives some much needed hip surgery. Undertaker will not be able to legally use his character name or gimmick on Impact and it is also rumored that he may take over Matt Hardy's role by becoming Broken Mark Callaway.

Vince was said to be beside himself and ordered the match result change immediately and for Undertaker to basically drop his gimmick like you saw on Sunday. Undertaker however ignored some of Vince's request by refusing to also remove his shoes and his kiss to his wife. Fans reported hearing screaming under the floor where Undertaker was lowered. Wrestlezone can't confirm but believes this was McMahon berating Taker for going off script.

Undertaker then no showed Raw leading Vince to feed Cole lines leaving Undertaker's future unclear.

What do you think? Was McMahon out of line? How about Taker? Are you excited to see Taker on Impact wrestling? Do you agree with the strategy of putting the title on him months before his debut? How do you think he will do with the Broken gimmick?

What's even more interesting is that I saw someone post today that The Undertaker won't perform anywhere except WWE.

Yeah, you had me believed here. :disappointed:

This smells like complete and total bullshit. TNAnthm don't want to pay the Hardys because money, ye they're going to throw at least 15 million at Taker?

Taker as GM isn't the worst idea. He might have been cool as some dark godfather authority character, honestly.

This smells like complete and total bullshit. TNAnthm don't want to pay the Hardys because money, ye they're going to throw at least 15 million at Taker?

97a.gif

Did this story break on April 1?

No, this is breaking.

This is a hot scoop.

It's a hot something alright.

What's even more interesting is that I saw someone post today that The Undertaker won't perform anywhere except WWE.

Yeah, you had me believed here. :disappointed:

Now, I wish I could only make it come true for you Kapu.

I was actually believing this until the GM part.

You didn't totally dismiss the GM part.

I believed it fully. Then, went to main site and found nothing.

I know that I'm naive. :(

Appreciate the honesty. I should used some made up wrestling news site as the reference.

Insert Nicholas Cage face.

I think this report must have aired on CNN. Fake news.

Did you hear that Trump complained over Twitter that the Undertaker should not be registered to vote since he is dead?

Taker as GM isn't the worst idea. He might have been cool as some dark godfather authority character, honestly.

Damn straight.

I got a good lul from this. Cheers GSB

Thank you

Exactly

Broken...Mark...Callaway?

Imagine Broken Mark Callaway as Raw GM. Combine those ideas and it's ratings back in the 6's for WWE.

Ok, maybe just for a week. Then the world implodes.

Note to mods : please move the opening post to the Non-Spam sections so we can get some real discussion going. K? Thx, bye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back