Vince McMahon Expected to Step Down as Chairman and CEO of WWE in 2011 or 2012

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
-- The latest issue of Power Slam features a story on Paul 'Triple H' Levesque's official promotion to Senior Advisor to Vince McMahon, which has led many to conclude that "The Game" is now more interested in a career behind the scenes than in the squared circle. Though in no way confirmed, the article notes that McMahon is expected to step down from his post as Chairman and CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment in 2011 or 2012 and hand over the reigns of the company to Levesque. McMahon, however, would remain with the organization in an advisory role.
Even if it's only a rumour, I think it makes an interesting discussion. Who else is looking forward to the new guard getting the big seat?

I'll believe this when I see it. I'd definitely expect Vince to put it off and put it off for some reason.

I've heard very good things about Triple H's brief takeover for McMahon as production manager during the UK tour. If that's what we're to expect under the new regime, bring on Trippy.

Seems a little too soon, if only because being an Executive Senior Advisor is still a little bit removed from being Chairman and CEO of an entertainment behemoth. If McMahon does step out in this time, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of interim CEO.

I've heard rumours that Trips is inclined towards old school NWA booking.

*shrug* he's not going to be running the buisness side of things, and the unanimous opinion of guys in the buisness is that HHH is a student of the game. If he stays out of the ring when he becomes head booker then that can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Triple H is a big old school NWA fan. It's working within the confines of the PG rating that will be the real trick (I'm not anti PG by any means).

This is really hard to believe since Vince signed a 3 year extension just a couple of months ago.

Unless there's something wrong with Vince's health.... there's absolutely no way this is legit.

It's no surpise that HHH is most likely taking over for Vince, in some capacity, when the old man steps down. And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if this were to happen within 2 years. HHH has one good run left in the ring, and if you think he's actually going to retire from active competition with that night on Raw being his last, you're nuts. He's coming back. But after that, yeah, I think he'll be more than ready to take on a different role.

It all depends on what type of shape Triple H has kept himself in during his hiatus. Triple H said in an interview over the summer that HBK in no certain terms told him it was time to hang it up. Triple H looked to have lost a good amount of mass in that one match with ADR in the fall. Trips is getting up there, and with his running mates hanging it up, I can't see him staying too much longer. The man literally has nothing left to prove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back