• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Victory Road - TNA World Heavyweight Championship - Kurt Angle (c) vs Mick Foley

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Kurt Angle won the world title at Slammiversary when Samoa Joe betrayed his friends to join the Mafia and hand Angle the win. Now, former champion Mick Foley is cashing in his rematch.

Alright, I can dig this. Mick's promos since becoming champion back at Lockdown have been fantastic, and Angle is spot on as usual. These two are creating a damn exciting story already, and this is a great match to cap things off - or escalate them. I'm genuinely pumped for this main event.

Foley, of course, has no chance in hell of winning, but that's not important. The whole story going on in TNA right now is pretty great stuff, and it's building up this match really well. It's going to be a great pay off.

The match ought to be pretty good. Foley's been doing fairly well considering his age and shape, and Angle is, of course, still one of the best in the business. It could have benefited from being hardcore, I guess, and it may yet be, but it's good like it is.

So, it looks like TNA is going to deliver yet another solid main event to us. They've been spot on with their PPV main event for the last several months, and this looks like it'll continue the trend.

I am a huge fan of Foley as an on air personality. I am far from a fan of him as the TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Foley is far from his prime and no where near championship material anymore. I know Foley has been great on the mic but I think that his time in the main event is about to end and I will be glad when someone else steps in there.

I cant see a clean finish to this, i'd put money on Sting getting involved somehow, most likely either attacking Angle or costing him the title.

Apart from that i hope Angle retains, Foley isn't in good enough shape to carry the title and shouldn't really be in the title picture. If Foley did win i'd hope he'd put over someone like AJ at the next PPV though.

I cant see a clean finish to this, i'd put money on Sting getting involved somehow, most likely either attacking Angle or costing him the title.

Apart from that i hope Angle retains, Foley isn't in good enough shape to carry the title and shouldn't really be in the title picture. If Foley did win i'd hope he'd put over someone like AJ at the next PPV though.

Yeah, I doubt this match will end clean and it's all but guaranteed that Sting will interfere. On the surface, it might look as if Sting's intent is to cost Angle the title but, given the whole thing with Samoa Joe's swerve, it wouldn't surprise me to see if the whole thing wasn't a ploy by the MEM.

Maybe Sting's presence would ultimately be to keep Foley from winning, as Foley is the won that beat Sting for the strap in the first place. There's not really any love lost between them either. This scenario might be the less likely of the two, which could mean it's exactly what's going to happen.

Either way though, Foley shouldn't get the strap back. I agree that the guy's just not in the physical shape to really do much. Almost his entire reign, he sat on the belt and, since he's already had it and done his thing with it and whatnot, I don't see much benefit in giving him another run that will be carbon copy of his first one.

I agree that Mick Foley's been fantastic on the mic in TNA, especially during his time as champion. However, he can't really do all that much in the ring anymore, his body is just too worn down. This match probably should have had some gimmick, but I think it will be fine anyway. Foley will probably spend most of the match taking punishment anyway.

In kayfabe, there is no way that Angle should be able to lose to Foley here. Angle's on the top of TNA right now and Mick is just a worn down old man. However, Sting involvment is all but guaranteed. It shouldn't matter though, giving Foley back the title now would make no sense whatsoever.

The ending of this match should be crazy, expect to see the entire Main Event Mafia, Sting, and probably Jarrett involved. Angle will come out on top somehow and it should be a decent enough match.

I don't think this match will be anything special, but I bet it will be some what entertaining. My best guess is that it will end with lashley getting involved either helping Angle win or beating down Angle and Foley to end the pay per view.

I have a feeling Angle will win. There's no real need to put the title back on Foley again. his reign was far better than what I had expected, but Angle as champion makes much better sense of the two. Eventually it will lead to a showdown, ending in Angle losing clean to someone. However, that someone isn't Foley. I think Mick will be able to have a decent match here, especially since we're guaranteed insane interference here. Should be at least watchable.

This was the match-up T.N.A was looking forward to, since signing Foley last year. I'm somewhat shocked its taking place on a Pay per view thats been turned into a B-Grade show, though.

Angle retains, on route to facing Bobby Lashley at Bound For Glory. That's my assumption, anyways. I suppose Sting could face Angle for his fourth straight Heavyweight Championship match/possibly victory, to keep his B.F.G win streak/title win streak alive.. but with Lashley just signed, and an Angle/Lashley match-up on the horizon, I think its safe to say this match is pointless.

Don't ask me why, but I've changed my overall opinion of this match-up as well. I went from back around Destination X to NOT wanting to see this, to now, wanting to see it. I think its because Foley's matches against Sting, and in that Fatal Four Way a month or so back, he's changed my opinion on still having something left in the tank.

Kurt Angle will have to carry Foley, I'm sure, but at the same time if anyone can its going to be Angle. In the end, Foley taps out. (for the first time in his career??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back