Victory Road - Sting vs Samoa Joe

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Oh, hell yeah. The challenge is laid out - on his way out of the Mafia, the Icon. On his way in, the Samoan Submission Machine. It's gonna get all kinds of ugly up in here.

I, for one, loved these two's match at Bound for Glory, and felt it was only tainted by interference (good interference, but still hurt the integrity of the match. Hopefully, this time, it's straight up one on one and someone picks up a clean victory. Nevertheless, this should be a damn good match - it's a BFG main event rematch, after all, but now with all the gimmicks where they should be - Joe as the heel, Sting as the face. What could be better?

I hope Joe comes out with the win, and think he will. He needs a few big wins to become the power player he once was and make himself truly the #2 man in the Mafia. Sting, meanwhile, should be focused on putting people over now that he's in his twilight days, and Joe is one of the guys that represents the future of the company, so he can do with a good Sting rub.

So, great match, Joe picks up the victory and probably continues a trend of Mafia dominance.

Oh, hell yeah. The challenge is laid out - on his way out of the Mafia, the Icon. On his way in, the Samoan Submission Machine. It's gonna get all kinds of ugly up in here.

Well,I would have prefered a match with AJ Styles,but maybe TNA are saving that for later.They'll just let Sting and Joe finish off their feud.Joe took Sting's place,and now he has to justify it.At least it's better than wrestling Kevin Nash.

I, for one, loved these two's match at Bound for Glory, and felt it was only tainted by interference (good interference, but still hurt the integrity of the match. Hopefully, this time, it's straight up one on one and someone picks up a clean victory. Nevertheless, this should be a damn good match - it's a BFG main event rematch, after all, but now with all the gimmicks where they should be - Joe as the heel, Sting as the face. What could be better?

I too enjoyed Bound for Glory very much,especially Joe's insane bump.But this is the Main event Mafia you're talking about.Clean win isn't in their,in Scott Steiner's case,very limited vocabulary.Sting never really got over as a face,and Joe is a great heel,as his offence mirrors a heels.I'm not expecting a classic,or even as good as Bound for Glory,as Joe has gotten worse(and heavier since then).It's not him being a heel,but this nation of violence shit takes away from his actual ability.

I hope Joe comes out with the win, and think he will. He needs a few big wins to become the power player he once was and make himself truly the #2 man in the Mafia. Sting, meanwhile, should be focused on putting people over now that he's in his twilight days, and Joe is one of the guys that represents the future of the company, so he can do with a good Sting rub.

I too hope Joe comes out with the win,but I also thought they might put Matt Morgan over Sting,which they didn't.And I pray they give him a clean win,but I think that interfernce will rear it's ugly head,in the form of Matt Morgan.And if Joe loses,it will be a disaster.Putting a soon to be retired wrestler over the future is a huge mistake.And one I forsee being possible.

So, great match, Joe picks up the victory and probably continues a trend of Mafia dominance.

Hopefully,Joe's arm is raised in victory,without any mafia member helping.And this trend of dominance will hopefully follow him for a while,and only him.If Nash or Booker and Steiner win, moronic would not be the word.

I too thought their match at BFG was very good. I also thought it was ruined by typical TNA booking. I don't expect this to be much different in that respect. Mtch quality wise I think it'll be poor. Mostly because of Joe. The finish should at least be intresting.

I really hope they script this as a good match. We all know what's going to happen - Taz makes his debut and likely costs Sting the match, hopefully clean just by showing up.

IMO, the match will likely be pretty good. Sting's done a decent job of giving the younger guys some rub. I'm not too big on Joe's NOV angle, as I agree that it's hiding some of his talents, but I'm curious as to how this angle progresses with Taz coming in as the "mentor" behind Joe and how they flesh out Joe's relationship with the MEM. I still suspect he swerves the Mafia at some point.

I for one hope this feud goes on for at least a couple more months if not until BFG. I think Sting should get the win at Victory Road and let Joe win at Hard Justice due to interference. Until finally Sting loses to Joe clean and gives Joe the win and momentum to keep it goin with the MEM. I might be in the minority on this but that's my opinion. I know they already had their match at BFG but I feel like this could be another great set of matches between the two. Maybe have AJ get involved at Victory Road causing Joe to loose and just keep it going from there.

Well,I would have prefered a match with AJ Styles,but maybe TNA are saving that for later.They'll just let Sting and Joe finish off their feud.Joe took Sting's place,and now he has to justify it.At least it's better than wrestling Kevin Nash.

I think Joe vs Styles is being held off for Bound for Glory, if they can keep it running that long. I don't know if it'll be a sub main event, or if they'll get the title onto one of them and go that road. Probably Angle will still have the title and defend versus someone or other. I imagine the Mafia is going to split by then, so he'll probably defend versus the head of the other faction.

I too enjoyed Bound for Glory very much,especially Joe's insane bump.But this is the Main event Mafia you're talking about.Clean win isn't in their,in Scott Steiner's case,very limited vocabulary.Sting never really got over as a face,and Joe is a great heel,as his offence mirrors a heels.I'm not expecting a classic,or even as good as Bound for Glory,as Joe has gotten worse(and heavier since then).It's not him being a heel,but this nation of violence shit takes away from his actual ability.

Alright, this is fair enough. It probably will wind up involving Taz, but there's the possibility that Joe will win clean and then Taz will debut for a ost match beat down. It's true that Joe's put on weight, but I think we can still see him go hard when it counts, and I think he'll put out a strong effort for this match.

I too hope Joe comes out with the win,but I also thought they might put Matt Morgan over Sting,which they didn't.And I pray they give him a clean win,but I think that interfernce will rear it's ugly head,in the form of Matt Morgan.And if Joe loses,it will be a disaster.Putting a soon to be retired wrestler over the future is a huge mistake.And one I forsee being possible.

The Morgan thing wound up working for the best, though, considering Sting still had to be part of the Mafia, technically, for the Joe angle to have its full impact and create the VR match. Morgan's still in the Mafia anyhow, so it works out. TNA may be planning something that requires Sting to win, I don't know. At this point I hope and think Joe will go over, but they might have something in the works (plus, Joe can always go over in a hardcore rematch of some sort).

Hopefully,Joe's arm is raised in victory,without any mafia member helping.And this trend of dominance will hopefully follow him for a while,and only him.If Nash or Booker and Steiner win, moronic would not be the word.

Well, this may just be my insane love for Nash, Steiner, and to a lesser extent Booker, speaking, but I'm really hoping they all win the titles. From a personal standpoint, I'm just a big fan of them all and hope they get something to put on their TNA legacy. But, from a storyline standpoint, the Mafia gaining all the titles in TNA is a good thing - I've said before I expect them to obtain all the titles and from there slowly splinter into two factions, nWo style. So, I'm thinking giving all the titles to the Mafia is a good thing in the end.

I'm expecting Joe's advisor (which may not be Taz due to a huge TNA swerve that we don't see coming similar to Slammiversary) to cost Sting the match because I don't see the TNA bookers allowing Sting to lose so cleanly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back