Victory Road: Kurt Angle v. "Pope" D'Angelo Dinero

Who walks away the winner?

• Kurt Angle

• "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Kurt Angle v. "Pope" D'Angelo Dinero

Officially announced on iMPACT! tonight.

The match will see the return of Dinero to ring-action since his shoulder injury, and will be Angle's third opponent in his quest to climb the TNA Top-10 Contenders ranking system for a shot at the TNA WHC.

Your thoughts on the match? Predictions for the winner/loser?

I think it really hurts The Pope's return for Angle to win. And as much as I hate to say it, Angle was wrong when he said, "You have nothing to lose." The Pope is on his way to a stellar career. Had they not added the "retirement" stipulation, a win over someone of Kurt's caliber would've boosted Pope's value. I'd love for someone young and fresh like The Pope be the one to retire Kurt Angle, but it's too soon. Regardless of who wins, this will more than likely be the match of the night, only rivaled by Beer Money and MCMG.

Well, regardless of outcome, it's gonna be a damn good wrestling match. I would say Pope goes over here if not for the retirement stipulation that Kurt stated. No way that Pope ends Kurt's career here. This storyline is about Kurt starting from the bottom to earn being the TNA World Champion. As much as I like The Pope, he's gotta lose here, but I think he'll put on a hell of a match with one of the best in the world in Kurt Angle.

Poor Pope. Angle had it completely backwards. Pope is the one with everything to lose here. This match is solely for Angle taking Pope's spot as #8. What exactly does Pope have to gain here? Angle's #10 spot? I thought he was #9 but not so according to TNA earlier tonight. Hopefully The Pope can at least get some quality wins before losing to Angle at Victory Road.

Poor Pope. Angle had it completely backwards. Pope is the one with everything to lose here. This match is solely for Angle taking Pope's spot as #8. What exactly does Pope have to gain here? Angle's #10 spot? I thought he was #9 but not so according to TNA earlier tonight. Hopefully The Pope can at least get some quality wins before losing to Angle at Victory Road.
Angle is still technically #10 because even though he beat the #9 Wolfe the new rankings have not come out so he is still #10. Angle is actually the one with everything to lose because he has said that if he lost one of the rankings match he would retire so he does have alot to lose. Pope has nothing to lose because he his coming back from injury and if he loses to Kurt he could say he wasn't 100% for the match and that is why he lost. All Pope needs to do is look strong in defeat which shouldn't be to hard because he's in a match with Angle who makes everyone look good. I think Angle gets the win continuing the rankings storyline, I think this match will be very good and
after the match I see Kurt shaking his hand or raising his arm

as all have stated before me, i look for this to be the match of the night. i also look for Angle to win this one.
Angle is not ready to retire just yet and so with the stipulation being what it is, he's gotta walk away with the win here.
also, i'm not too worried about a Pope loss. Angle made Anderson look fantastic at Lockdown in defeat, so can't the same be said for Pope? i think so.
Angle wins a great match and advances up the rankings. then Pope can maybe continue his feud with AJ or make his own climb back to the main event picture.

I think we know that the storyline will be that Angle will eventually get a title shot by making it to the #1 rankings......it's that obvious, .....unless...(and I hate to say this), in true TNA fashion, the storyline never gets finished and Angle loses and then the buildup is extinguished. Personally, I already think it'll be a match of the year candidate on paper. Something---SOMETHING will happen to where Pope doesn't lose face, and Angle gets the victory. They'll bump heads and Pope will be down, and Angle will say he doesn't want to win like that, or Pope will twist a knee and can't finish---SOMETHING. If TNA denies the push the Pope has now, I will lose the rest of the respect I have for the company .....and then in turn blame Hogan.....or Ferrerra (even though he's gone), or Carter, or Mantel, or Russo, or Jarrett, or the crowd, the security guys, Tenay, Taz, the set up guys, the caterer, ---everyone. :lmao:

Should be one hell of a match here, that's for sure. Angle has been a beacon of light in the otherwise desolate world known as TNA. Not sure the last time he has had a truly bad match. 1973? The Pope may be a little rusty or whatever after the layoff, but I doubt it. More than likely match of the night, I'd say.

Angle wins though, I'm pretty sure. While the whole "I'm retiring if I lose thing" was pretty stupid and uneeded for this whole thing, it basically assure Kurt wins here, and likely continues to win until he reaches number 1 and hopefully regains the title. I'd quite like that.

This i'm hoping for to be a very good match, the best on the card...I know these two can probably go out and wrestling for over 20 mins...This could very well be the match of the year contender...regardless of the outcome...

I do think Angle is going to win, its obvious, he is working his way through the ranks and he will go through them and not be forced to retire...

I think after this, Pope should sit back and enjoy some upper midcard feuds...he deserves to be in the main event...aswell...

I think its smart of Tna to book this match now becouse you knew Angle was going to have to go through Pope at some point in the Angle vs the top 10 story line so why not make when the Pope is coming back and to quote the Pope at 80%.This way Angle gets to keeping going through the Top 10 and Pope loses to Angle while he is not 100% and start a new Storyline the next Thursday night that hopefully gives him the Push he deserves.

Having finally caught Impact, I'm more excited than I was, which is an achievement.

It should be a classic, certainly the best match of Pope's career and probably not even the fifth best of Angle's year. But even if Pope loses I think he will be elevated by it.

IF Abyss or Anderson wins on Sunday, I think Pope would be an excellent first opponent and a good performance here would only enforce that. If not Pope can go through AJ & Joe, which would also be very entertaining.

Angle will assuredly walk away the winner tonight, but I'm not sure it'll come at the cost of Pope losing any of his momentum at all, as Angle has a penchant for making his opponents look extremely good despite beating them – most recently with Desmond Wolfe.

Considering the angle (no pun intended) he's working right now with regard to taking on the Top-10 Contenders, I can't see how Pope would win – despite the fact he's coming back from injury.

I know it may not be a popular outcome but i can see this one ending in a DQ or something similar due to interference after about a good 15-20 minute match to keep both of them strong, maybe someone like Wolfe get him back in a program with the upper level of the card or another main even heel for pope to feud with

While it seems obvious that Kurt Angle goes over and finishes defeating the top 10 just in time to challenge for the title on 10.10.10, I'll throw out an alternative. Pope turns heel and defeats Angle through underhanded methods with help and joins 4tune. The retirement thing is not a stipulation, more of something that Kurt has said. So if he loses in a cheap way he surely has wiggle room to keep wrestling, in fact he could no matter how he eventually loses if it fits the story.

Don't think thats likely think the one Heel Turn will be Anderson turning in the Main Event and Winning the Title(I Hope).For me I hope we get another great Angle match here with him inching out a Win.Hopefully Pope goes to a smaller fued and gets his momentum back then goes on to form his Face stable The Congregation (Pope,Lethal,and LAX) to face 4tune

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back