• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Victory Road: Knockout's Championship

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
KNOCKOUTS WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP: Taylor (c) vs. Awesome Kong w/ Raisha Saeed

It was announced on iMPACT! this past Thursday, after Taylor (I don't know the girl's full name) defeated Awesome Kong in what can only be described as a holy shit I can't believe this just happened moment. Taylor got a roll-up on Kong, and defeated the former unstoppable monster, Kong, to not only win the cash prize that was offered but also become the NEW Knockout's Champion.

It was announced shortly thereafter that a rematch would take place at Victory Road, to see if the one time wonder could repeat her actions, as Taylor will be forced into defending her newly won Championship in a rematch against a very pissed off Awesome Kong. What are your thoughts?

Personally, I think this will be a fluke Championship victory. The only way I see Taylor remaining Champion, is if Kong is so outraged that she completely flips out and destroys Taylor to the point of getting herself disqualified. I highly doubt Taylor could defeat Kong twice in a row, especially without controversy.

To be honest, I'm really rather shocked Kong was defeated in the first place. I feel this greatly hurt Kong and it single handedly slapped each current Knockout, but none greater than Gail Kim and O.D.B. Why? Because...

On one hand, you have Gail Kim, who picked up a similar fluke victory as she defeated Kong once before, only to be squashed in a rematch where Kong became Champion. Then you have O.D.B. who is arguably the most powerful Knockout second only to Kong, and she hasn't even come close to defeating her. Now all of the sudden you have a chic that up until two weeks ago was a mere "fan" in the crowd. Now shes Champion?

Does anyone else see her as the T.N.A. female version of Santino? I mean, without the mic-skills and slightly better looks?

Seriously, I think this was yet another bad move in the long line of mistakes T.N.A. has made. Is it interesting? Somewhat because of how shocking it is, I give them that. But is it doing anything for their division and their main females? No. Unless they plan on having Taylor become a top female regular.. at which point its still knocked Kong down A LOT. As well as crippled how Kim & O.D.B. used to be seen as the top female favorites.

Finally, why was this spot not given to Roxxi? The Woman shaved her head, and for what? To be in Taylor's corner, watching some "fan" get her glory? This has bullshit written all over it, and if I were Roxxi, I'd be fucking pissed. Screw it, I'm a fan.. not a great one, but I'm a respectful fan of the regular Knockout's and this move already pisses me off.

Roxxi busted her ass and gave up a lot for a small no-nothing push, that could've at least given her a Championship run that'd last for a couple days, only to give Kong back the title. I mean, thats obviously whats going to happen Sunday, I'm 95% sure of it.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Hold on. TNA give the title to some ''fan''? That's the most ******ed thing I've heard in a while. I haven't seen it. But come on. Kong is dominant for months. She's over despite not being terribly charismatic. Roxxi shaves her head. Yet it's some new gilr who gets the title? Not only that, but with a roll up. How is that going to make the new get over and do anything other than harm Kong? That is so stupid. Kong was one of the only memberes of the roster who hasn't been bogged down by all the bullshit booking. Not anymore I guess. Pointless.

Jake, I think this also illustrates your point about title changes only happening on iMPACT!. I mean, unless TNA are going to make this entire thing even more pointless by having Kong win it back a few days after she loses it, thus performing another Beer Money Screwjob of sorts. I'd also like to point out this is Shantelle Taylor. Now I'm not sure because I never actually gave a shit, but isn't she from WWE? If she was, I doubt she was any good.

As for them trying to shock people. Well, first, I saw this coming a mile away as soon as they even mumbled something about the women's title. Secondly, it's a women's belt. It's a great division, but it doesn't mean people give a shit about the belt, especially when it's not even the main focus of the division any more - shit wrestling is.

Jake, I think this also illustrates your point about title changes only happening on iMPACT!.

I can say it all I want. But the boffins at TNA just don't listen to me.

I mean, unless TNA are going to make this entire thing even more pointless by having Kong win it back a few days after she loses it, thus performing another Beer Money Screwjob of sorts. I'd also like to point out this is Shantelle Taylor. Now I'm not sure because I never actually gave a shit, but isn't she from WWE? If she was, I doubt she was any good.

That's what TNA does. She might win it back. Or, get this notion in the ocean. The new gilr wins. But with another roll up. Everyone loves an underdog. Prime example: Santino Marella. TNA are aware that she won't get over this way. But they're planning for the future. they know the fans will turn on her. They can then do their version of Marella. Y'know, 'cus he's over and stuff.

As for them trying to shock people. Well, first, I saw this coming a mile away as soon as they even mumbled something about the women's title.

It's sad. But I think the only people who didn't predict it were the people who write and run the show.

Secondly, it's a women's belt. It's a great division, but it doesn't mean people give a shit about the belt, especially when it's not even the main focus of the division any more - shit wrestling is.

The belt has been worthless for a couple of months now. Probably around the time when we had Kong/Kim #21.5. But people will still applaud it. They say that it's considerably better than WWE's division. Not true. Because WWE women stay in their division and fans assesment of it is correct.

You see. This is stupid. Just as King Jake said, TNA is stupid for letting some fan be The TNA Knockouts Champion. But, I'm Guessong that at the PPV, Kong will squash Her, for about 10 minutes. All on Kong's offense. Taylor won't get in any moves untill a roll-up when Kong is distracted. I think it is terrible, but it is gonna happen. Who knows, she may end up just like Santino did! Have her few months of fame, and then be a jobber. Just Like Santino... That is all I have to say.

Kong will kick the new gilr all over the place. Then out of nowhere the new girl will get a roll up, or Kong will get disqualified. Kong is Umaga, new girl is Santino. This will help nobody, but harm them both. But TNA is stupid. They make mistakes and don't learn from them.

You know, I really don't like this decision. But, with the way they booked Kong, how else could they get the title away from her w/o killing her i am unstoppable gimmick. See this way she was "surprised," Gail and ODB will interfere at the PPV to save face, which will lead to ODB or Gail taking the title (maybe Roxxi), and Kong will still look unstoppable. And this chick will end up like the beutiful people. Pointless eye candy that never wins.

Let me get this straight they give the title to a "fan" come on TNA learn from your mistakes you made in past so you don't make them in the future.I am glad Awesome Kong lost the title she had it for several months, she needed to lose it.I,see it this way the new girl will end the feud with Awesome Kong and then face Gail Kim or OBD and have one of them win the title.Rasah Saad or however you say her name will feud with Taylor Wilde after tonight's Pay Per View Victory Road.Will,this feud be any good or not?

Jake, I think this also illustrates your point about title changes only happening on iMPACT!. I mean, unless TNA are going to make this entire thing even more pointless by having Kong win it back a few days after she loses it, thus performing another Beer Money Screwjob of sorts. I'd also like to point out this is Shantelle Taylor. Now I'm not sure because I never actually gave a shit, but isn't she from WWE? If she was, I doubt she was any good.

As for them trying to shock people. Well, first, I saw this coming a mile away as soon as they even mumbled something about the women's title. Secondly, it's a women's belt. It's a great division, but it doesn't mean people give a shit about the belt, especially when it's not even the main focus of the division any more - shit wrestling is.
WWE signed her back in 2006 during the time in which they were raiding the indies to get girls down in their developmental system who could wrestle so they could teach the new "model" ladies how to wrestle. (It obviously didn't work so they called them all up on the main roster, almost all of them as heels, so they could put the women on tv over in matches, etc.

Shantelle is pretty talented. She works better with a more luche libre style though. You're not gonna see someone's true potential in the ring against a bigger woman. You're mainly gonna have to become a brawler, something which she pulls off, but I prefer wher to work with her own type of females. WWE was gonna make her their top face last year and give her a San Eye gimmick where she'd wear a mask and be like Rey Mysterio, a highflyer. But they released her and gave the spot to Candice (yeah I know, not exactly the same thing.)

The match was okay. Really short. I cannot see Taylor going far with the title. But this isn't WWE booking. TNA will keep it on them if they want and will have them drop it whenever without any build up what so ever. I will give WWE the benefit of the doubt in how they book the women's title. They don't hand the title to anybody and they at least give decent buildup to a title win, unlike TNA who just gave the girl a title that hasn't been there for a month. I mean the title isn't even a year old and they're starting to book it like shit.

Come on TNA, the only decent thing you've build up is your women's division. Don't screw it over too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back