vengeance night of champions

jus2sik

Dark Match Jobber
hey i noticed something today, i was going through my old vhs collection (movies and shows i taped on tv) and i found the last episode of nitro, and i decided to watch it, and every few minutes or so they kept telling us that it was the last ever nitro and kept building it as the ''night of champions''. Now i seem to remember a certain ppv renamed to this, but ive read stories of vince shooting down anything to do with wcw, like having war game matches or that triple cage etc...... So i was thinking did someone in creative just suggest the name and not tell vince where they got the idea from, or is this just a total coincidince? or did vince just like the name

Vince wouldn't have known. He wouldn't have war games or the triple cage because let's face it, even if they changed the name everyone would remember as they were like the Elimination Chamber of WCW. The NOC thing, either Vince wouldn't have known because he was at Monday Night Raw and probably didn't watch it or he didn't care because hardly anyone would remember.

I don't think it really matters either way. McMahon owns everything to do with WCW, so if he liked a name which originated on their show he has every right to use it. I haven't seen anyone else make the connection, so it obviously isn't a big thing. I'd be more inclined to believe that Night of Champions is a fairly obvious name for a night where all the champions compete as opposed to stolen from WCW.

I think that yes, Vince knew.

Wasn't Night of Champions a older WCW PPV? or maybe it was NWA.

Plus I KNOW that Great American Bash was a WCW PPV, and Vince HAD to know that.

But these are just names. They are not concepts. Vince will take a name, that's no big deal. It is the concept matches that he wants to leave alone.
(Which is weird in a way, since they plug HBK-Razor as the first Ladder Match, although it had been done before, and by other companies as well.)

I think you are refering to Clash of the Champions, I don't believe it was a PPV though. It was a television event, built like a PPV.

It usually had some good matches. They put at least one on the new Rise and Fall of WCW DVD. Rey Mysterio vs. Dean Malenko, which was actually a good match, I personally didn't care for the finish, but it was a great match and great fued none the less.

hey i noticed something today, i was going through my old vhs collection (movies and shows i taped on tv) and i found the last episode of nitro, and i decided to watch it, and every few minutes or so they kept telling us that it was the last ever nitro and kept building it as the ''night of champions''. Now i seem to remember a certain ppv renamed to this, but ive read stories of vince shooting down anything to do with wcw, like having war game matches or that triple cage etc...... So i was thinking did someone in creative just suggest the name and not tell vince where they got the idea from, or is this just a total coincidince? or did vince just like the name

Vince knows that the last episode of Nitro was sub-titled, “Night of Champions”. Vince (via satellite) and Shane (in person) were both on that episode of Nitro. The name “Night of Champions” was used in other Sports as well. I see what you’re saying though.

Plus I KNOW that Great American Bash was a WCW PPV, and Vince HAD to know that.

But these are just names. They are not concepts. Vince will take a name, that's no big deal. It is the concept matches that he wants to leave alone.
(Which is weird in a way, since they plug HBK-Razor as the first Ladder Match, although it had been done before, and by other companies as well.)

Absolutely Vince knew. Great American Bash is just one example. What about the WCW world, U.S., and tag titles. He still uses them? Well, I guess he doesn't use the tag titles persay, but you get the gist. Vince isn't going to turn something down if it's good for business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back