Vandal Attempts to Blow Up Oregon Memorial Embroiled in Church-State Controversy

I actually find that people who believe in a fictitious old man with absolutely no definitive proof that he or his hippy son existed rather amusing. Did I also say that most followers of said cult are mostly bigots, homophobic, misogamist and hide behind their so called faith when the truth comes calling.

As for the memorial it is disgusting that someone would do this.

Most atheist are assholes.

Much like religious people, it is the vocal atheists who are the real ********s.

People like Richard Dawkins with their proselytising are really no better than evangelist Christians. Both are blinded by their own propaganda and the lack of light they get from having their heads shoved so far up their own backsides.

Барбоса;4607713 said:
Much like religious people, it is the vocal atheists who are the real ********s.

People like Richard Dawkins with their proselytising are really no better than evangelist Christians. Both are blinded by their own propaganda and the lack of light they get from having their heads shoved so far up their own backsides.

You know who is a great atheist? Dara O'Brain.

You hate him don't you Barbs.

You know who is a great atheist? Dara O'Brain.

You hate him don't you Barbs.

No, because Dara makes fun of religion for the sake of comedy.

Dawkins and co. make fun of parts of religion for the sake of their own agenda. They are becoming less "I do not believe there is a god" and more a "You should not believe there is a god." It might be somewhat amusing if they weren't so increasingly vindictive, narrow-minded and becoming ever more like those fundamentalists and evangelists they dislike.

Барбоса;4607729 said:
No, because Dara makes fun of religion for the sake of comedy.

Dawkins and co. make fun of parts of religion for the sake of their own agenda. They are becoming less "I do not believe there is a god" and more a "You should not believe there is a god." It might be somewhat amusing if they weren't so increasingly vindictive, narrow-minded and becoming ever more like those fundamentalists and evangelists they dislike.

Mmm what about Bill Maher?

There's big money and power in fundamentalism. The trolls control the world. It's the followers and us wishy washy folks that are left getting nothing but stress out of the conflict.

Of the few times I have seen anything of him, he is clearly intelligent and willing to not take himself too seriously, although I do see a hint of "I'm better than you" in him.

Барбоса;4607743 said:
Of the few times I have seen anything of him, he is clearly intelligent and willing to not take himself too seriously, although I do see a hint of "I'm better than you" in him.

I guess you haven't seen his 'Religiculous'. He is a logical man and bases every historical fact on the scale of reasoning. But faith, has a way of circumnavigating around reason. For good and bad.

People going out of their way to bait, badger and ridicule religion is where I start to have a problem with such atheists. It just seems to be a cheap way for such smartie-pants (and I know I have been a culprit in this) to make themselves feel good about themselves.

Now, when religious people come to my front door or starts a conversation that promotes their own narrow-mindedness or belittles my atheism then I feel justified in letting them have both barrels.

Барбоса;4607761 said:
People going out of their way to bait, badger and ridicule religion is where I start to have a problem with such atheists. It just seems to be a cheap way for such smartie-pants (and I know I have been a culprit in this) to make themselves feel good about themselves.

Now, when religious people come to my front door or starts a conversation that promotes their own narrow-mindedness or belittles my atheism then I feel justified in letting them have both barrels.

You know probably better than anyone here, how men have used religion as cover for personal gains over centuries. But at the same time I do believe in spirituality, meditation and those who ardently do sadhana, do hold some facts that are as solid as the screen in front of you.

Religion however is murky water now. It has been for years really and no religion can absolve itself from complete wrong doings (with the exception of Buddhism maybe) in its history. There may or may not be a God, but man's faith in God is very real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back