Van Halen

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
So I've started listening to Van Halen (strange I know) and I was wondering are the Sammy Hagar albums any good or should I just stick with the David Lee Roth ones

P.S. is Van Halen III really that bad???

I'd recommend The Best of Both Worlds. It is a two disc greatest hits collection that has a good number of hits from both versions of the band; and all of their best songs are included such as Ain't Talkin About Love, Jump, Dreams, You Really Got Me, and many more. The Roth songs in general are better, but some of the Hagar hits are incredible too.

I agree with Dagger. If you are a VH newbie, that's probably the best place to start if you are just looking for an overall VH experience. Personally, I am not as big a fan of Sammy Hagar as I am of DLR. With DLR, you get more fun songs. With Hagar you get more schlocky ballad type stuff. I just like DLR's presentation better. And yes...completely ignore anything with Gary Cherone.

Second that. Not a fan of Van Halen much at all, but Best of Both Worlds is basically all you need if you want to get into Van Halen.

That's cool. I have been tempted to get "Best Of Both Worlds" for a while, every Van Halen song I have heard I have enjoyed.

Who sings "Ain't Talkin About Love" btw?

That's cool. I have been tempted to get "Best Of Both Worlds" for a while, every Van Halen song I have heard I have enjoyed.

Who sings "Ain't Talkin About Love" btw?

Roth did the original, but there is a live track of the song with Hagar singing it included on Best of Both Worlds.

Ah ok,

I've only heard the original.

I always thought for some reason that Roth did the stuff like "Jump" and Hagar did the heavier stuff like "Ain't Talkin About Love"....guess I was totally wrong haha

Do you even need to ask if Van Cherone is that bad?! I mean, there's a reason nobody really remembers that era....

Also, I don't have a preference with DLR and Hagar. Although, Hagar was on "Right Now", which was the song used to promote Crystal Pepsi. Which, we need back. So, that gives him a slight edge, I guess.

I only have I, II, and 1984. I've heard good things about Van Halen w/Hagar. But you can't go wrong with the first two albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back