• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

USWA Championship Wrestling - February 13, 1993 with KB

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
USWA Championship Wrestling
Date: February 13, 1993
Commentators: Dave Brown, Cory Macklin

So I found almost 30 territorial style shows today, so expect a lot of stuff like this: local TV shows that probably have some big names in their roots. This is the USWA, which had been a merger of the CWA (Memphis) and WCCW (Dallas) in an attempt to fight the WWF. However, WCCW pulled out so this is just the Memphis territory of the day. If my memory is right, there's also a talent exchange with WWF at the time so you may see some familiar faces. Jerry Lawler is more or less divine here, so expect a lot of him. Other than that I have no idea what to expect as I know next to nothing about the USWA. Let's get to it.

I Never Want To See Brian Christopher Again

Yeah it's ridiculous how much they feature him. It wasn't know that he was Lawler's son yet I don't think.

That's absurd. He never had a single quality that stood out. I'm fairly certain the only reason he ever got anywhere was because of his father.

The biggest flaw with every Memphis show I've ever seen is the emphasis they place on Lawler. Yeah, he's the guy down there, but he doesn't need to be the centerpiece and neither does his son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back