• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Update to the classic Survivor Series match:

The Fabulous Rougeau's

Championship Contender
I recently got this idea and thought I would run it by everyone here to get some feedback.

For the two World Titles the WWE has how would you feel about a match that begins as a classic 4 on 4 survivor series match but once half the field is eliminated turns into a fatal fourway match.

I feel this is a great push to whomever wins the match because they not only survived the survivor series aspect of the match, but won the fatal fourway part of the match. Whoever wins this type of match has an almost Jericho beating Rock and Austin on the same night bragging rights.

To put this into context, if the WWE were to incorporate this concept for this years Survivor Series, the two potential matches could look like this:

WWE Title Match:
Team Punk: CM Punk (c), Brock Lesnar, Wade Barrett and The Big Show
vs
Team Cena: John Cena, Triple H, Rey Mysterio and Christian

World Title Match:
Team Sheamus: Sheamus (c), Randy Orton, Kane and Daniel Bryan
vs
Team Del Rio: Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz and Cody Rhodes

And to take it a step further, the second portion of the match could look something like this:

Fatal Fourway WWE Title Match:
Punk (c) v Wade Barrett v The Big Show v John Cena

Fata Fourway World Title Match:
Sheamus (c) v Randy Orton v Alberto Del Rio v Dolph Ziggler

What I like about this type of match is that it incorporates the classic Survivor Series type match while having the title on the line. It also has the ability to have several scenario's play out like all 4 guys from a team advancing to the possibility of the champ not making it into the fatal fourway championship match.

But what I really like about it is that it is something new that is built off of established WWE match types.

Interesting but I'd be far more interested in a return to the "Battle of Survival" aspect they used in 1990. At that event, everyone who survived went into a final match. Perhaps even a bonus MITB match would work?

one idea i have had my head for years is have say 4 or 5 maybe 6 matches on the raw/smackdown b4 survivor series to find out who is in what team have a team of winners and losers from these matches it means we can have friends fight each other and foes team for example

miz beats santino
rey beats cody
christian beats dolph
ADR beats randy
ryback beats Cesaro

so we have Miz,rey,christian adr and ryback in one team and santino, cody,dolph,randy and cesaro in the other

The possibilites on how they can make those classic matches something really unique and worth watching are plentiful.

put a title on the line on one team....team captain of the winning team gets the title, and the last survivor of the winning team(besides the captain) is number one contender. Just that concept alone has soooo many booking possibilities both in the match and the build up / team selection process

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back