Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Unscripted2011-GrudgeTag.jpg

Brad Bomb & Everest vs. Apostles of Chaos

Stipulation Choices to be decided by the WZCW Network:
Normal Tag, Tornado Tag, Elimination Tag

For the past while, Chris K.O. been getting under the skin of the legend Everest, costing him matches and nearly putting him out. These heinous actions were shared with James King's methods of injuring Steamboat Ricky. Now it has been unveiled that they are working together under the guidance of World Heavyweight Champion, Ty Burna. Everest has decided that enough is enough and will bring the fight to them at Unscripted in a Tag Team Match. He had hoped Ricky would be fit enough but his injuries proved too severe and has been replaced by the returning Brad Bomb, a man who came close against K.O when defending Everest's honour on Meltdown not too long ago. It's up to the WZCW Network as to whether the rules will be Traditional, Tornado or Elimination style. Will Everest and Bomb get some redemption against the Apostles of Chaos, or is the terror only going to continue?

Deadline is Tuesday 18th October 23:59 EST

*the Backstage area of Unscripted can be seen as our scene opens up. It’s a simple view, concrete walls, floors, a multitude of doors line the halls as the camera glides down a hallway. At the end of the hall the camera stops at the beloved WZCW backstage interview set. As we get closer we can see WZCW’s very own award winning interviewer Becky Serra. She seems to just be killing time as the workers around her are putting the finishing touches on the backdrop. Suddenly WZCW’s Everest slips into the screen, duffle bag slung over his shoulder, as he seems to be heading for his locker room. Becky, doesn’t miss an opportunity…..*

BECKY: Hey, Everest, Hey? Can you give me a minute?

*Everest stops and slowly turns toward Becky, gives her a slight slyish grin, before finally heading back to the iconic WZCW Logo and set.*

EVEREST: Alright Becky, seeing as how it’s a special night and an iconic pay per view, it’s only right that WZCW’s iconic interview and the company’s iconic superstar go ahead and polish off another iconic interview. Fire away.

BECKY: Well……..ok, for some time now Chris KO has been going on about you and he’s quite honestly gotten the better of you every time he’s appeared? Do you have any thing special prepared for him tonight?

EVEREST: Becky, Becky, Becky ----- Chris KO? There’s one thing and one thing only you need to know about Mr. KO…..As much punishment as he’s dished out lately to yours truly, and TRUST me he’s dished out some ass kicking’s worthy of some of the greats. I’ve been attacked from behind, slammed with a chair, jumped before matches, after matches and honestly he’s even shown up in some of my nightmares.

But one thing keeps showing up from our boy Chris. I’ve said this before: the kid is a coward, he still hasn’t stood toe to toe with me without some sort of “assistance”. First it was his steel chair companion and then it turned into James King and now it seems neither of them can make their life choices so they had to go out and get a Love Guru to show them the way in the form of Ty Burna. You see what I’m getting at Becky, it’s never Chris on his own, he can’t survive on his own. He needs someone pulling the strings or someone backing him up.

Well tonight I found someone to back ME up!

BECKY: You mean Brad Bomb?

EVEREST: You are always well researched aren’t you Becky. Yes I’m talking about the Bomb himself. He’s a good young up and comer and seems ready and willing to stand with me to defend the good name of folks like Steamboat Ricky and hell even myself.

BECKY: So have you and Brad talked at all about your match tonight? I haven’t even seen him yet at the arena and neither one of you have really seemed like you have……………..

EVEREST: Talked? I’m telling you Becky, I think I’m going to have to change my cell number after tonight. That boy is a sponge, he wants all the knowledge he can get. He’s called me several times just wanting to talk about strategy or flesh out some of Chris’ weaknesses or King’s shortcomings. So in answer to your question, we’ve talked! Brad has some interesting ideas on what might or might not work and he’s always working to gain my respect, almost like he’s trying to earn my approval.

Finally though I told him the only thing he needs to know…..This is all about teamwork! It isn’t me against the Trained Fighting Monkeys of Ty Burna. I need Brad as much as he needs me. It took awhile to get Brad to realize this, for him to realize that he is in this match because of his talent, because of his desire and his ability not because of me.

Brad reminds me of myself when I first appeared here. I remember going right for Disasterpiece and Joseph Rios and wanting to bring justice to the bad guys of the WZCW. Man I was naïve. That’s what I’m trying to teach Brad. It’s fine to want to see justice done, hell it’s even alright to even the odds, just like he’s doing tonight by getting into the ring with me against KO and King. What he needs to realize though is trying to bring justice to the squared circle will only get you two things: A ton of fans and a ton of bruises.

BECKY: But wasn’t Brad actually the second choice to be your tag team partner tonight?

EVEREST: He was. Nothing against Brad Bomb but he was the second choice, but after the brutal take down of our beloved resident pirate it seemed I was going to have NO partner, that’s when Bomb was mentioned. I was glad to take the youngster, he stood up to KO face to face and dished out some punishment that even KO couldn’t see coming.

Fact is, tonight Becky, two guys who can’t seem to hack it on their own, have gone out and gotten themselves a handler. More than likely that handler will some how get a hold of the power supply to the building and make the place go all darky dark but it won’t matter cause tonight KO and King can’t run; They can hide and they are going to have to stand face to face with the Pinnacle of Perfection! This time though I’m not coming alone, not this time.

Oh and Burna, yeah Champ I’m talking to you pal, Burna it might seem like you’re doing the smart thing here: get a couple peons to do your dirty work for you, keep them occupied by sending them after the people you feel threatened by so that they don’t realize you are just keeping them at arms length for your own intents and purposes. Good luck Burna, good luck keeping your friends and your enemies separated. Oh and if I find out you went to all this work just to keep little ole me from working my way toward another title shot then please Ty, please, remember that I’m not going away. Send your goons, send your peons but remember I’ve seen it all…………..I’m a “veteran” after all!

Becky, as always, it’s been a pleasure but I’ve really got to run!

BECKY: Thank you again Everest, it’s always a pleasure.

*With that Everest picks up his bag, slides it over his shoulder and heads for his locker room mere steps down the hall. He opens the door, stands in the doorway for a few seconds as he shakes his head back and forth.*

EVEREST: I should have know you would be here already!

The scenes open in a small and near empty diner. The diner is decorated in 60’s memorabilia complete with jukebox in the corner and pink lady waitresses and T-Bird chefs. Skipping through the tracks on the Jukebox stands Brad Bomb, he keeps muttering to himself as he can’t find anything to play. He appears to admit defeat and goes to sit down. He sits down at a table booth and no sooner than he has sat down, a young waitress in braces rushes over to him.

Waitress: Hello sir, may I take, er, your order? She eagerly raises her pen to her pad.

Brad Bomb: Oh no don’t worry I’m not getting anything; I’m just waiting to meet someone.

"Oh… ok then." She sulks off back behind the bar, glaring at Brad Bomb and then staring at the door blissfully, hoping someone is soon to come in. Brad Bomb looks out the window and can see no sign of anyone turning up. He picks up a menu and browses over it.

"Maybe I should get something… get Everest something as well. Only something small. Not like a burger or anything. A milkshake. That sounds reasonable. Looks good as well… wait does Everest like milkshake? Is he lactose intolerant? Even if he does like milkshake – what’s his favourite flavour? I should know all this… ahhh this is all too confusing."

"Can I help you there, sir?" Bomb looks up and sees the waitress has returned to his table and is beaming a smile.

"I’m not sure on what milkshake to get."

"Well we have banana, chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, vanilla and toffee, chocolate and cookies…"

"What’s the best flavour to get if you don’t know someone?"

"Um… uhhhh… I’d recommend either a vanilla or chocolate shake. I mean who doesn’t like those flavours, right?" She smiles back at Brad Bomb once more.

"Ok I’ll get one of each then. Thank you very much. Bomb looks up at the waitress and smiles."

"Thank you, sir. They’ll be with you shortly." The waitress rushes off excitedly, clearly thankful for someone finally ordering.

Brad Bomb turns his head to once more look outside the window. He looks across the street and in the parking lot and can’t see Everest. Just as Bomb begins twiddling his thumbs at the table, the familiar figure of Everest walks through the front door of the diner. The jingling of the bell above the door alerts Bomb to Everest’s presence and he immediately gets up to introduce himself.

"Everest! Wow. It’s great to finally meet you. I’ve been a fan for the longest time. You’re one of my favourite wrestlers. I’ve seen all your matches. I mean Titus vs Everest? Wow that’s like my favourite match ever. I liked the second match but that first match was just like ‘wow this is the greatest match ever’ I mean that made me up my training. I knew I wanted to be a wrestler after that. It was just like wow. Yeah, amazing."

As Bomb finally finishes talking, Everest stares at him with a look of unease whereas Bomb is smiling like a Cheshire Cat. Everest just keeps looking at Bomb, wondering if he’s at the right place and this is the right person. After a moment of awkward silence, Bomb calms down a bit and realises that they’re still standing right next to the door.

"Oh, um, I got us seats over here." Bomb beckons Everest to follow him and the WZCW Legend anxiously follows him. Bomb directs Everest to his seat and as they sit down, the waitress comes over and gives them the milkshakes. She immediately recognises Everest.

"You’re not WZCW Legend, Everest are you?" She almost squeals as she says his name. "My little brother is like your biggest fan, can I get your autograph for him." Everest looks bemused by this, wondering if anyone else is going to mark out around him, he looks at the waitress and sees her smile.

Everest: "Ok get me a pen and some paper and I’ll write it out to him". He smiles at the waitress and she nods and rushes off. Everest takes the vanilla milkshake, leaving Bomb with the chocolate milkshake. He smiles that Everest takes a milkshake.

"Wow, what a fan girl. I mean she can see you’re just trying to go by your day and she rushes you with demands for an autograph. You must hate that."

"Yeah well she’s just a kid, this is probably her first job and it’ll make her brother happy. It only annoys me when my tag partner for Unscripted, acts even worse than her." Everest gives Bomb a steely look.

"Oh… sorry about that. It’s just ‘cause I’ve never met you before, even backstage, and you’re like an idol of mine and I just can’t wait to be your partner at Unscripted and we can destroy the ‘Apostles of Chaos’. Damn what a stupid name. I mean who came up with that? Probably Ty. How unoriginal. Sounds so stupid. That’ll never sell merch-"

Brad, with the kindest regards, shut the hell up.

"Ok…" Bomb sinks his face down and starts drinking his milkshake.

"I agree with you on wanting to destroy the Apostles of Chaos. I want that too. They’ve given us both grief over these past couple weeks and they’ve driven a legend like Ricky back out of WZCW. As the Icon of WZCW, I can’t stand idly by and watch them try to destroy all opposition to Ty. That’s why we need to work together to nip this in butt before they become a bigger problem. Do you agree?"

Bomb looks up with a more serious face than before and nods.

"Good. Now let’s start by looking at our opponents, Chris K.O and James King. Now we’ve both seen what they can do over the past couple of weeks. You especially have seen first-hand of what they’re capable of."

"Yeah sneak attacks, using weapons and generally trying to injure their opponents as much as they can and I especially owe Chris K.O for my shoulder." Bomb pulls up shirt sleeve to reveal a heavily strapped shoulder. "Don’t worry, I’ve been told it’ll be fine come the PPV so that’s one less thing we have to worry about."

"Good. Glad to see you’ve calmed down a bit and are getting serious about this." Everest takes a drink of his shake.

"Yeah, sorry about that. The fanboy inside of me took over." Bomb takes a drink of his shake.

"No problem. Right now we need to work out a plan for K.O and King. We’ve seen what they can do and we need to know how to counter-act that. Do you have any ideas?"

"Well I was actually hoping you’d have some ideas for that. I mean you’re the icon, the legacy, the Pinnacle of Perfection, I thought I could use this as kind of a learning experience, with you helping me along a bit."

"Right. Well one thing you have to understand and understand this is the key to our match…"

"What is it?" Bomb’s eyes are fixated on Everest as he prepares to learn one of the secrets to wrestling…

"Teamwork. Pure and simple teamwork. When we go out there, we need to make sure that you’ve got my back and I’ve got yours. I’ve been there and done that, while I’m not sure about yourself."

"I have that experience. I don’t have much of it compared to yourself, or our opponent James King, but I do have that experience. I tag teamed with Tucker Graham once or twice, including once for the Tag Team titles."

"That’s good to hear. Now what will do about our opponents?"

"Well I have some good ideas about James King especially."

"Ok. Go on."

"Well, it’s just like I said to Becky the other week. James King is weak as a singles competitor. He can’t get the job done on his own, he always as to have someone else there to help him. Making sure we can separate him and Chris K.O should be the main aim. King is an accomplished tag team wrestler, having been part of the Forgotten Powers, but that’s all he’s really been able good for so far. He’s unproven as singles competitors, unlike us two and if we can separate him from K.O then we have a good chance of winning."

"Good idea." Bomb smiles as he has some more of his milkshake. [COLOR="SeaGreen"We have to be careful of the match type though because if we separate King from K.O in an elimination match then we’ve used up some of our energy on taking down just one of the two opponents but in a Tornado Tag match or normal match tag, it could work in our favour."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]"But we have to think that possibly an Elimination Tag match could work for the both of us."[/COLOR]

"Why’s that?"

"Well both teams are new to each other. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and as a tag-team, we’re supposed to help each other with those strengths and weaknesses. We’re all new tag-teams so if it comes down to 2-1 against us then we can help use our singles skills to try and overcome them." Everest raises his head from finishing his milkshake.

"No." Bomb sulks as he takes more of his drink. "You’re not getting it. Look. Look at me." Bomb raises his head and looks at Everest’s face. "If I could take them on my own in handicap match, then I wouldn’t have gone through the process of finding me a young, talented, wrestler who is looking to defend the honour of legends like myself, to partner me at Unscripted, would I?"

"No." He mutters.

"What? I can’t hear you."

"No." He says clearer.

"Once more with passion."

"No!" He says with emphasis, standing up as he does so. Everest stands up as well.

"Good. Now here’s my number. Give me a call if you need anything and we’ll hit up the gym at some point this week so we can work on our tag-teaming. Ok?"

"Ok!" Everest slaps Bomb on the shoulder and Bomb winces in pain as Everest apologises. Bomb says its fine despite his pain.

Everest goes over to the waitress and signs some stuff for her as Brad Bomb gathers his things. As Everest is finishing up signing stuff, Bomb hands the waitress $25 and says keep the change. The waitress grins massively as Bomb and Everest say goodbye, they walk out the diner and say their goodbyes to each other before walking off in opposite directions.

We come in to a semi empty parking lot backstage. A television is noted, and it’s showing the end of a triple threat match between Big Dave, Chris Beckford, and Gordito. We hear footsteps, and the camera turns to see James King walking in, his cell phone in his hand. He looks back down at the phone, and then looks around the lot.

James: Come on. It said there would be someone here.

James looks back at the phone, as we hear more steps. James turns as his face shows surprise at who it is.

James: Chris? What are you doing here?

The camera turns to see Chris KO walking out, looking a bit confused, a note in his hand. He nods at James, and then brings his hand up, showing the note to James.

Chris: You give this to me?

James shakes his head, as they both start to look about the lot for anything that shouldn’t be around. Chris walks near the television and examines it, while James hasn’t moved, and is turning to look.

Chris: Well, I got nothing.

James turns back to Chris as he walks back up to James. The two share a look of interest, then turn to the television to see Chris’ attack on Everest after his match in a recap. Chris gains a small smirk as James nods his head.

???: My master was very pleased with that.

Chris and James both jump slightly as the camera shifts to see a small hooded figure has appeared behind them. Chris moves to the side to get a better look, while James just looks over his shoulder. Chris shows interest, James has a look of confusion.

Chris: Who are you? Why are we meeting here?

The figure shakes its head, while an almost inaudible laugh is heard.

???: Neither of those questions matter at the moment. The only thing that does is that my master summons an audience with you.

Chris shakes his head, while James turns around. James shakes his head, while Chris takes a step forward.

James: I’m not going anywhere until I get answers.

The figure chuckles, a light sound that is eerie sounding in the vacant lot.

???: My master will answer your questions. Now, come with me.

With those words, the figure turns and starts to walk off. Chris and James look at each other, then Chris starts to make his way in the direction the figure walked. James checks his phone once more, then shakes his head and follows in a strained hobble. He catches up to them in a dark part of the arena, they turn their heads to see him coming up behind.

Chris: About time. This person wouldn’t let us move anymore until you got here.

The figure turns to open a door that was unnoticeable to the camera. They walk in to see blackness. We hear a crash as a light is seen come on, in the form of a lantern. The light turns to see James has fallen over a pile of wood.

James: What the? Where are we?

We see Chris walk over to help James up, and then makes his way over in front of the figure.

Chris: Ok, we followed you here. Now, answer our damn questions.

We see James come up next to Chris, a suddenly serious look in his eyes.

James: Yes, I, for one, want to know what the hell’s going on?

James’ voice has risen to a shout. The figure takes a step back as a sudden roar of a fire starting is heard alarmingly close to the two. They jump back to see a furnace next to them. James quickly gets up and takes a step towards the figure, while Chris is up and staring at the furnace that wasn’t noticed.

James: Can we get some damn answers?

???: Gentlemen, please!

The voice takes both men by surprise as they turn to see another figure kneeling in a cloak. The figure is kneeling in front of a jet black throne.

???: You two will get all the answers you want, and more.

James takes a step forward, seemingly intrigued, while Chris is still a few steps back, apprehensive of the newcomer. The newcomer rises and, with his head down, turns to sit in the throne. It is noticed that there is a belt on him.

???: You are nervous, a simple emotion that comes up in my presence.

The seated figure raises his head to reveal the bright red eyes of Ty Burna. He motions toward the hooded figure to come closer, as James and Chris look on in shock.

Ty: You have done well, Serafina.

The figure removes its hood to show it is indeed Serafina. She takes a spot next to the throne, while James and Chris have not moved. Ty notices this and a wide, manic-like grin appears on his face, the fire reflecting off his eyes.

Ty: Well, do you not want your answers?

James shakes himself back, then takes a step forward. Chris, after a moment, follows. Ty removes his championship belt and rests it on his lap.

Ty: You two have been chosen by the Ouija. There are things that I have seen that make it clear why.

Ty lowers his head as he stares straight at Chris, who takes a step back from the withering glare.

Ty: You, I see immeasurable talent being unused in you. It is not being used in the correct ways. I can get you as many opportunities as you so desire, If you help.

Chris seems entranced at Ty’s words, an awe inspired look on his face. He walks forward to the throne, but James keeps his distance for the moment. Ty notices this, and turns his gaze to James.

Ty: And you, the rage in you from the reactions you got from your loss. It fills you to overload. Join, and I can help you filter your rage out.

James, an intrigued look in his eyes, walks up to join Chris in front of the throne. Ty smile as he turns his attention to Serafina. He waves her out, then rises, his WZCW world championship falling to the step. He walks down and turns to look Chris and James in their eyes. He pulls two pieces of paper out and hands one to both of them.

Ty: What you will do is written on these. Do not mention anything that happened in this room until I say it is the time to. Do not contact me about this. The two of you can handle it.

Serafina walks back into the room, her hood back up. She picks up Ty’s title, and walks over to the group. She puts it on Ty’s shoulder and motions to James and Chris to leave. They start to do so, but Chris stops and turns around.

Chris: Damn it! We deserve more explanation than th-

That’s all he gets out as the furnace erupts again, and when it calms down, the World Champion is gone. James looks at Chris, then the two make their way out of the building.

We come back to the outside of a house. We hear a loud clicking, and a young woman, looking to be in her early twenties, walks up to the door. She looks at her cell phone, then knocks on the door. After a moment, the door opens and we see Richard King answer.

Richard: Yes?

Woman: Is this the King household?

Richard nods and motions for her to enter. He leads her into the living room, where we see James watching his match with Brad Bomb back. He looks back when he hears his father walk in, and jumps up when he sees the woman.

James: Who is this?

The woman walks up to James with her hand out. After a moment’s hesitation, James shakes it.

Woman: My name’s Amber Jacobson. I am here on behalf of WZCW Management.

James looks at here with a confused look, while Richard walks in front of him.

Amber: After recent events, I was asked to come and act as a helping hand for your temper.

Richard nods, and motions for them to sit. Amber sits with him, and, after a moment, James follows suit, still seeming a little confused.

Richard: So, you’re here to help with James’ temper?

Amber nods, and looks at James, who seems uninterested. She pulls a piece of paper out and hand sit to James.

Amber: This is the information that I was given.

James looks at the paper, and his eyebrows rise. He looks up at Amber, then takes a deep breath. He puts the paper in his pocket, then turns to Richard, a very intrigued look in his eyes.

James: Father, would you be so kind as to get us something to drink?

Richard nods, then gets up and enters the kitchen. As soon as he’s out, James leans in and his voice lowers to a whisper.

James: When did this happen? I told him before that-

Amber knocks on the edge of the chair, cutting James off. She then leans in and lowers her voice too.

Amber: I’m sorry there wasn’t more of a notice, he insisted that I come as soon as possible. He said it as a way to, how did he put it, “help you two bond more with the Ouija.”

James frowns, then lowers his head.

James: Fine, but don’t expect me to like it.

Amber smiles, as Richard comes back in with a three bottles of water, one of which James picks up and immediately starts drinking from

Richard: So, what were you two talking about when I was gone?

Amber snaps her fingers, then leans back in her chair.

Amber: That reminds me, I had a message for you from your partner for Unscripted. He said that he would meet you at the address specified on the back of that paper I gave you before.

James pulls out said paper, then flips it over to see that there is an address on it.

James: Well then, we should probably get going.

Amber gets up, and walks over to the door. Richard starts to get up, but James puts a hand on his shoulder, keeping him down.

James: Father, I would like you to stay, and scout Everest some more. I would like more info when we return.

Richard sighs, then sits back down as James makes his way over to the door with Amber. The two of them walk out as Richard turns to the television as a replay of Ascension starts up and the screen fades out.

James: You sure this is the right address?

Amber nods, then turns around to look at the house. James walks up to the door, and looks inside.

???: Well, It’s about time you got here.

The two turn around to see Chris KO standing behind them. James walks over, his hand extended. The two shake, and Chris notices Amber standing to the side.

Chris: And who is this?

James shakes his head as she introduces herself.

James: It’s a long story.

Chris looks around, then looks back to James.

Chris: You may have some time. No one has showed up.

An engine is heard, and the group turns around to see a large van pull up.

James: Maybe that’s it. Let’s go.

Chris and James walk over to the van, while Amber walks behind them. James starts to get in, but turns around to look at Amber.

James: I’d like you to head back to the house, explain to father that I’ll be back soon. I’ll call you when we have more information.

Amber nods, and makes her way back to her car. James enters the van with Chris, and it pulls out as the screen fades.

Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.

-Andrew Carnegie​

A replay from the ending of Ascension 38 illuminates the screen.

Ty grabs the chair from King and lifts it up, smashing it right across the head of Kurtesy and once more across Dave's head. Blood begins pouring out of both as Ty holds the chair up high as the boos cascade down as Ascension goes off the air with one final shot of Ty, King, and K.O. standing in front of Kurtesy and Dave.

It is several minutes after Ascension 38 and the scene begins with a shot of a long hallway shrouded in darkness. A woman’s shrieking laugh can be heard from a distance. The shot transitions to a shot of Serafina laughing next to Ty Burna, who is sitting on a throne. They are alone in a dimly lit room.

The fools and their shortcomings; they fell right into your plan master.

Ty sports an evil grin as he enjoys the captured film of Kurtesy and Dave’s torture in his mind.

Now that the pawns are in place, it is only a matter of ti-

Ty turns to her and brings his index finger to his lips. They both go quiet and turn to look at the entrance door of the room. Chris K.O. and James King bust through the door and close it behind them, as if on cue. They are both breathing heavy as they turn to Ty and Serafina.

Damn Ty. You sure know how to throw a party.

That bastard Kurtesy didn’t even see it coming!

The dialogue is silenced with a slow clapping of hands. Ty applauds them slowly and grabs their attention.

Well done, Apostles of Chaos. You have proved most useful to me, but the fun does not stop here.

Ty gestures with his hand for Serafina to move. She reaches behind the throne and pulls out two sets of black druid robes. She hands them to Chris and James.

Put these on. They will become your scarlet letter.

Ty’s red eyes gleam as his servants place the robes over their current attire. Ty raises his hand and snaps his fingers. The room goes pitch black.

What the fu-?

*snap*

Several torches ignite around the walls of the room. Dozens of hooded-figures, in black druid robes, line the four walls. Chris and James look around the room.

Who are these people?

Do you really think my well runs as deep as you two? No, I’ve been assembling forces for quite some time now. Each of them with their own use.

Ty holds out his hand and gestures to one of the figures against the wall. The figure steps forward and removes his hood.

Ian?

Ian Crawford, Chris’ financial agent, is revealed.

Yes, Ian works for me. I sent him to you in order to guide your well-being. You and James, after Serafina, are the most useful tools that I currently have. You will soon find out that I take care of my investments very handsomely.

Ian puts his hood back on and steps back against the wall.

Now, go. Continue to train until you receive further orders.

Chris and James look at each other hesitantly. They place their hoods over their heads and exit out of the room. A close up shot shows Ty’s face curling into a smile. A snap can be heard and the scene goes black.

-------

The scene resumes, a few days later, with a shot of a figurine hula-girl, swaying back and forth on a car dashboard. It mimics the wavy hula dance as it repeats its routine in a repetitive fashion. The shot transitions to a shot of James King slumped in the backseat of a van. He is dressed up in a suit coat and nice jeans. He explores the boundaries, outside the moving van, with his eyes as the sound of rubber hitting the road occupies the airwaves.

The shot then transitions to Chris K.O. in the opposite passenger seat. He rests his right hand on an armrest as he stares outside the window mindlessly. A side shot is shown of the two sitting side by side in the van. The camera switches to a shot of the vehicle pulling into a driveway. Ian, Chris’ financial agent, can be seen through the windshield.

Chris and James get out of the van as Ian meets Chris with a handshake. Ian, Chris, and James all turn towards one general direction. The van pulls out and exits the scene.

So, she’s the one?

Yep. Pretty nice, huh?

The outside looks good, but how does the inside look?

The camera pans to what they are looking at and we are treated with a shot of a gothic-style house. The walls are made of cobble-stone and the entrance-door is made of dark oak. The group begins to walk to the oak door.

My budget can really afford this?

With the connections of Ty Burna, yes.

The group finally reaches the large oak door. Ian pulls out a key from his pocket and opens it. Upon entering the house, they are met with a long empty hallway. The entire house seems to be based with hard-wood flooring. The walls are painted in grey patterns with cobwebs decorating the seams. Ian begins to give Chris and James a tour of the eerie house.

This house gives me a bad vibe.

What’s the story of this place Ian? Why is it vacant?

The house was originally a parsonage.

A what?

A parsonage is a house that a Church builds, and finances, for their priest to live in while they are in leadership of the Church.

So a priest lived here?

Yes, and many other generations of Church leaders.

How many generations are we talking Ian?

The original occupant probably lived here in the… early 1800’s? I would guess a good dozen of priests.

Why stop living here now? Did the Church close down?

No. You see, the final priest who lived here was unveiled as a liar. He was caught fornicating with nuns and women of the Church. The Church exiled him and removed him from this house.

Did he go crazy or something?

No. The priest and his family left the town, and when the new priest came in he decided that he did not want to live in this house. So, the Church did not want to pay to upkeep it anymore and put it on the market.

Well, this place looks perfect, and I’m very pleased Ian.

Ian nods at the compliment with a small smile.

What do you think James?

Ya, looks great.

James keeps eye contact away from Chris as he bares a distressed look on his face.

I hope you like it, because I want you to stay here with me.

James looks up with a puzzled look at Chris.

I figured if we are going to do this “team” thing, then it’s best we be on one page. This house seems to have more than enough room. Pick one, furnish it, and you can stay. Good?

Sure.

James gives a nod and then turns away. He gives a small smirk that goes unseen from Ian and Chris. They continue through the rest of the rooms upstairs and descend the stairs after finishing them. The group arrives back at the entrance, marking the end of their tour.

Alright Ian, it looks good. I guess I’ll take the key from you and you can fax me the paper work later?

Well, before I go I think I need to show you one more thing.

Chris and James share puzzled looks with each other as they look at Ian, who gestures for them to follow him. They exit the house and begin to venture around the side and into the back. Ian leads them to a large, rectangle-shaped, metal door placed in the ground.

What is it?

Do you remember how I said that generations priests lived here?

Yeah?

Well, where do you think they put them when they died?

James’ eyes widen as he looks from Ian to Chris. Chris bares a slightly shocked expression, but remains collected upon hearing the news. Ian reaches for the handle on the door and pulls it up. A descending staircase is revealed; half of it is un-seeable in the dark. Chris gets a determined look on his face and begins to descend the stairs.

Chris, wait!

Chris stops after a couple of steps and looks at James.

What?

There is no light!

So?

So, there are dead people down there!

Yeah, they are dead.

There is a light to your right at the bottom of the stair case.

With that information, Chris begins to venture down the staircase. Ian follows behind him; and James after Ian. Chris meets the darkness at the halfway point and becomes engulfed with blindness. He places his hand on the wall, to his right, in order to keep his balance. After several steps he finally feels a switch of some kind. He hesitates for a moment and then switches it on.

One by one, head lamps begin to give life to the dead room. It reveals several stone coffins scattered amongst the huge underground grave. Chris begins to weave between them slowly. He pays respect to each one by reading the name engraved on them. James starts his own exploration as well. Ian stays at the foot of the staircase, watching Chris’ thoughts pour out through his expressions.

James approaches a stone coffin and begins to wipe dust away in order to find a name. He wipes his hands over an area and reveals the name “James.” A cold sweat breaks down the back of his neck. All of a sudden, James appears to have forgotten how to swallow. A gulp slowly rolls down his throat. He closes his eyes and wipes the rest of the name off. “Pattaberry,” is revealed. James tilts his head down and closes his eyes in a sweat.

Catacombs.

James opens his eyes and looks up. Chris is standing on the other side of the tomb.

Catacombs, James. We are living in a world of catacombs.

Chris knocks on the stone tomb. It echoes throughout the room.

On the outside we see a strong frame; solid and indestructible. But on the inside… all there is, is dead bones.

Chris begins to walk from tomb to tomb as he speaks. Occasional wiping off dust as he goes along. James keeps his eyes glued on Chris.

We are living amongst the dead James. The past generations have all came and had their time, but everyone eventually dies. We will eventually die, but we are not dead yet. Our hearts have not stopped beating. Our passion has not flickered out. We[i/] are not dead. But these men are.

These men are like stone tombs, beautiful on the outside, but dead on the inside. The fans cannot see what we can.

Chris spreads his arms to gesture at the tombs. James nods and Chris resumes speaking.

We are the gravediggers, James. Damn it, no one likes to burry the dead, but someone has to do it. The tomb is empty. We just need to provide the body.

Chris wanders to the back of the catacomb where a pair of tombs rest against the wall alone. He wipes off the dust on one of them and reacts with a confused look. He turns to the other one and poses the same reaction. He begins searching the floors of the catacombs as he continues to speak.

Everest, a man who I have beaten and a man you soon will have too. He is an interesting creature James, but I’ve learned that he is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. He is the weed in the garden, and after Unscripted he will be tossed into the brush pile. A pile that will be kindling for the fire we have caused.

A former World Heavyweight Champion and a living legend; what hasn’t been said? What haven’t I covered? What match haven’t I watched? What weakness haven’t I exploited? There is none. There is nothing else that I need to know about Everest or how to beat him. The proof is in the body, and in that body there is dead bones.

Chris spots a white rock on the ground. He picks it up and examines it. He gives James a smile and a nod and then heads back to the two tombs where he was previously at.

They call him the rock, a foundation if you will. A staple in the WZCW that has been a constant. Someone who has remained faithful and loyal to the very business that we hope to overtake… I respect the dead, but not those who selfishly deny death his prize. Not those who will not accept what must be their fate. In order for WZCW to be what it needs to become, the very foundation must be uprooted. The very rock that it has relied on must be knocked loose. Everest must die.

The catacombs are silent as Chris approaches the two tombs. He stares at them for a moment as he takes in his own words. James keeps his eyes focused on Chris. Ian remains quietly observant at the stairs. Chris begins to mark on one of the tombs with the rock.

Brad Bomb; been there, done that. He is a prime example of what happens when you accept the dogma that society feeds you.

He’s a fill in!

Chris stops marking on the tomb and perks up. He looks over at James, who is red in the face from anger. Chris smirks.

Go on.

He is nobody, Chris. If it weren’t for the beating that I gave Steamboat Ricky, he would not even be on the card at Unscripted. He is lucky that I didn’t end his career when I hit him with a steel chair in our match. He should have kept his nose in something like the mayhem division, because now… I’m going to finish what I started at Meltdown 62.

Chris smiles and turns back to the pair of stone tombs. He finishes marking the one he was marking on previously. He diverts his eyes to the other tomb.

I can’t do this alone James. I can’t dig graves alone…

Chris turns and tosses the white rock to James, who catches it. He looks at and then walks over to Chris and the pair of tombs. He examines the one that Chris marked on and then begins marking on the other one. James finishes and then steps back from the tombs. Chris smiles and stands in-between them.

So, it is written in stone…

The camera shot shows the name “Everest” marked in white rock on one of the tombs and “Brad Bomb” on the other. Chris shoves off the tops on the stone tombs and reveals the emptiness inside of them. The camera zooms into them as the scene goes black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back