Unscripted 2014 Pre-Show - Elite X Battle Royale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Anyone not booked in a match can RP in this one. The winner gets an Elite X title match, and those who finish highly will also receive title shots.

Deadline is Wednesday, February 19th at 11:59 PM CST.

The scene opens inside Barrett Stratton’s bedroom at his house in the upscale Taramore subdivision of Brentwood Tennessee. The master bedroom is large with a California King Size bed, walk in closet, and leather furniture. Candles are held in olden holders and are lit giving the room a rustic glow. There are several portraits of family and photos on the wall. Despite this modernity of interior design, several odd paintings also line the walls. A five point star overlooks Barrett’s bed. Most of the paintings and imagery appear from the middle ages: a dragon devouring the a bleeding sun that has a face, a two headed woman holding a half moon in one hand a pouring stars out of a bag in the other, and finally a map of a flat earth featuring water falling off the edge and an ominous eye emitting sun rays above.

The camera pans to the mirror in the dressing room where Stratton walks up wearing a tuxedo and black tie in hand. Barrett’s normal demeanor is much more reserved and he has a look of despair upon his face. He has a 1/5 bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label that drinks as his stares himself down in the mirror, contemplating his failures thus far in the WZCW. He shakes his head in disbelief; presumably at his previous losses while continuing to drink the scotch straight before beginning to tie his tie.

Out of the background walks up and extremely attractive woman wearing a black cocktail dress. Leslie Oakmont, Barrett Stratton’s girlfriend, has intentionally remained out of the public eye and WZCW until now. She is tall and slender at roughly 5’11 and 130 lbs, and has long, wavy brown hair. She has a very refined look and demeanor about her as she approaches Stratton and kisses his neck as he fixes his tie.

Katherine_Webb_Guys_Choice_Awards_2013_04.jpg

Leslie-Are you about ready?

Barrett-Yeah… I guess…how’s my tie?

Leslie takes a moment to straighten his tie.

Leslie-Perfect.

Barrett-This is such bullshit. Turkey season starts tomorrow and here I am doing this shit.

Leslie-We both know this is very important. Your father wants us both there.

Barrett-It’s always about what he wants. What about me, huh? What about what I want? I can’t wait to go and get blasted in front of everyone by my dear old daddy.

Leslie-That’s not going to happen.

Barrett-You clearly don’t know him.

Leslie-Look I’ll be there with you. It will be okay.

Leslie’s demeanor turns more sincere as Stratton takes another drink out of the scotch bottle before she removes it from his hands, smiling and taking a drink after him.

Leslie-Come on, we are running late.

The duo exits the bedroom and walk down the stairs out of Barrett’s large house and out of the front door. It’s night out and parked in the wrap around drive-way is Barrett’s Dodge Big Horn Ram 3500, a silver Hayabusa Sports Bike, and a white 2014 Jaguar F-Type. Somewhat uncharacteristic of Barrett’s typical misogyny, he opens the door up for Leslie before entering himself and leaving the property.

f_type.jpg

There is a somewhat awkward silence on drive over. Stratton appears angry and is driving aggressively in his powerful sports car. In addition to the liquor he drank before leaving home, he is also drinking and driving. Leslie tries several times to reapply her mascara in the mirror but can’t due to Barrett’s erratic abrupt stops approaching other cars and red lights.

Leslie-Are you drunk?

Barrett-I wish, I’m pissed.

Leslie-Look don’t worry about earlier, it happens to every guy…you’re under a lot of stress…you’ve been drinking…

Leslie places her hand on Barrett’s thigh as he shakes his head in contempt for himself.

Barrett-It’s not just that. Two damn women, that little mutt Hyada. I haven’t done shit since I got signed! This shouldn’t be happening to me, I am the chosen one! And this damn law suit…

Leslie-Babe, it’s going to be okay. You came in a little overconfident and you hit your slump…everyone does, but that’s over and done now. You’re a winner babe, you always have been and you always will be. Don’t worry about this lawsuit; you have the best attorneys in country! They will handle this for you.

Barrett-I know. It’s just…I’ve got to get back on top this.

Leslie-And you will babe. It starts at Unscripted…that’s your ticket…our ticket.

Barrett-Get that Elite X title shot…

Leslie-Exactly! It’s yours to lose.

Barrett-Who’s in this thing anyway?

Leslie pulls up the WZCW App on her Iphone and shows the Unscripted Battle Royal card to Barrett at a red light.

Barrett-Those women…they’re done this time. I am not falling for that trash again. I’ll end this stupid little charade once and for all with them. They want to be treated like men; at the battle royal…I’ll throw their asses like men. That goes for that wookie Ilapa too.

Barrett starts to become calmer as seem to be trying to convince himself of his own success in the upcoming battle royal.

Barrett-The rest of em' are a bunch of freaks. Everytime the WZCW comes on it’s like damn Saturday Morning Cartoons. That little skinny punk virgin Dagger. He had his shot at the strap and blew it. I’ll tell you what…I don’t know what kind of acid that kid’s dropping, sitting around his momma’s basement, but this ain’t damn quidditch. I’ll throw that little freak too.
SHIT’s another one that’s taken too many psychedelics. He thinks he’s damn R2D2. We will see how inhuman he really is when I slap that knee bar on him and he’s crying in pain before I toss that droid over the top. There ain’t no shrooms that’s gonna get him through that.

Leslie fakes a laugh pretending to pay attention to Barrett’s joke while checking her text messages.

Barrett-Now Constantine…that guy I can respect. He is a class act just like me, but he can either get the program at Unscripted, or be a part of it.

Stratton smirks, seeming more self assured he takes another drink and he continues to his father’s house. However as he approaches the long driveway leading into the massive estate his confidence begins to wane again. Eric, Barrett’s father, has an excessively large estate and mansion. The landscaping seems perfect with trimmed hedges, manicured lawns, and ornate fountains. They arrive at the entrance well several couples are walking to the entrance of the mansion. Two gentlemen that work for Eric are parking cars.

XKE3u.jpg

Attendant-Mr. Barrett! It’s a pleasure to see you sir.

Barrett-Thanks, be careful with it.

The attendant opens the door for Leslie and then Barrett before pulling his sports car off to park it.

Barrett-Here we go…

Barrett sighs as he reluctantly walks Leslie into the entrance of the massive Biltmore-like estate. Upon entering Barrett and Leslie are both greeted by another butler who takes their trench coats. Briefly, as the butler takes the coats, he appears to be armed upon seeing the stock of a black pistol inside his coat. Barrett and Leslie have appeared to arrive at a formal dinner during cocktail hour at a black-tie affair. Couples and groups of people stand and mingle while drinking throughout the Fourier and living room.
The mansion is massive and ornately decorated with lights and candles throughout the premise. Like Stratton’s house, there are family portraits, and pictures lining the walls. Oddly enough, there are again uncolored medieval paintings on the walls of unknown meaning, an owl statue resembling that of the symbol of the ancient god Minerva, and another 5 point star lit up in the stairwell. Of these seemingly esoteric symbols are a massive owl statue a picture of a double headed man in medieval garb with dragon wings holding a cup with snakes and standing on top of a turtle. Finally, an extremely eerie large picture depicts a topless man with goat head, wings, sitting cross legged on a rock and pointing to the moon.

David de Rothschild, playboy of one of the world’s most prominent families and investors approaches Barrett and Leslie along with his date for the night and two bodyguards. They group shakes hands and greets one another.

Rothschild-Leslie, you look beautiful as always.

Leslie-Thank you David.

Rothschild-Barrett! How are you tonight?

Barrett-Good David how are you?

Rothschild-Excellent! We are looking forward to hearing about this merger. Your father has the market enflamed with all of these rumors.

Barrett-Ha, well you know how he is…it’s good to see you…

Rothschild-It’s good to see you as well. Unfortunately father couldn’t make it, but as always, he sends his best regards to your family.

Barrett-Thank you.

Rothschild-Well I will you two get back to it, unfortunately I will have to leave shortly after dinner…but we will have to catch up sometime soon…

Barrett-Absolutely.

David and his entourage walk away to mingle others at the party. Stratton makes his way to his family’s lawyer who is also in attendance, Izick Weinstein. He is a shorter, chubby man with dark curly hair. His demeanor is somewhat nervous.

Barrett-Izick how are ya tonight?

Izick-Good Barrett good...

Barrett-How’s this lawsuit looking?

Izick-It’s looking better Barrett. We can work with this girl here, I wouldn’t worry about it. I am sure we can get her to settle out of court. But no more talk shows, and stay off the news!

Barrett-Christ…she’s just some ****e, I really don’t get what all this is about?

Izick-You’re in the public eye and you’re a Stratton, they’ll kill you anyway they can kid.

Barrett-And if she won’t settle?

Izick-Well…I am sure we can get to her one way or the other…

Barrett-Good that’s what I like to here, enjoy yourself tonight.

Barrett turns his attention to Leslie.

Barrett-I need another drink…

The couple walks over to one of the mini bars set up. Leslie orders a cranberry cocktail, and Barrett gets a whiskey sour before heading off to one of the side dens adjacent to the living room. Inside several men sit with cigars and drinks while glued to a Bloomberg financial analytics terminal mounted on the wall.

download.jpg

Barrett-Uncle, I thought I’d find you here.

Barrett gets the attention of his uncle who resembles his father, but slightly younger, and with blonder hair.

Uncle Stratton-Ha! Wall Street never sleeps…

Barrett’s uncle glances down at his Rolex watch.

Uncle Stratton-It’s opening bell in Thailand now.

The three exchange greetings.

Barrett-This merger will shockwaves in Asia and everywhere else.

Uncle Stratton-Yes, and your father will make millions tomorrow, just you watch.

Barrett-We hope so.

Barrett says nodding to Leslie while holding her hand.

Barrett-Has he said anything…about me…

Uncle Stratton-…well you know he is.

Barrett-…

Uncle Stratton-You just need to man the hell up boy, you’re a Stratton. We didn’t get where we are by quitting every time we lost. We win, one way or the other…always…

Uncle Stratton takes a drinks and a smoke of his cigar. Just then Jonathan Oakman, Leslie’s father, and Eric Stratton approach them. Jonathan bears some resemblance to his daughter; he has a refined but more sincere look about him, and slightly younger than Eric.

Leslie-Daddy!

Leslie and her father hug one another.

Jonathan Oakman-Princess, how are you today?

Leslie-We are good! Just talking the talking the market…as always…

Leslie says sarcastically.

Jonathan-Barrett how are you doing?

Barrett-Good sir, excited about this opportunity to combine our portfolios.

Jonathan-Absolutely.

Eric-Leslie, you look more beautiful every time I see you.

Leslie-Thank you sir, that's very kind of you.

Barrett-Dad…I…

Eric-…come, it’s time for dinner.

Eric seemingly ignores his son, and the group along with everyone else head into the dining room for the evening meal. Like the rest of the house, the dining hall is lavishly decorated; the dining table is very long, restored wooded table from the middle ages that likely belonged to some noble at the time.
Barrett and Leslie sit together at the table, while Jonathan Oakman sits at one end and Eric Stratton at the other. A four course meal is served along with continuous drinks as all the guests make small talk around their meal.
Jonathan Oakman rises and taps his champagne glass to raise a toast and make the evening’s presentation.

Jonathan-Excuse me! Thank you all very much for coming tonight and thank you to our gracious hosts’, the Stratton family. At this time I would like to propose a toast to a new era of in the market when two of world’s most profitable investment firms merge for global hegemony in the global economy. Eric Stratton and I hope this corporate merger…and hopefully very soon, the merger of our two families…will reap great dividends for us all in the near future. Here here!

Jonathan smiles referring to his daughter and Barrett’s relationship, as the couple does the same and look at one another, Leslie laying her head on Barrett’s shoulder. All of the guests raise their glasses for the toast.

Jonathan-Eric Stratton, over to you good sir.

Eric-To share Jonathan’s sentiments, we thank you all for coming tonight.

Two of the butlers briefly setup a power point over a projector during Eric’s speech showing corresponding images.

Eric-Briefly, Oakman Inc and Vanguard have now merged into Stratton-Oakman Inc. As you can see our logo of the lion bears resemblance to the Stratton family sigil appropriately corresponding to the success of the Stratton family in the past, and in the future, from this generation to the next.

1403936_16464542_lz.jpg

mtd_375x360_n_s_VGhl_IFdvb_GYgb2_Yg_V2_Fsb_CBTd_HJl_ZXQg.jpg

The table claps. Eric pauses briefly during the applause, but turns his focus Barrett, giving his son a sort of deer in the headlights frozen stance.

Eric-…I say that, but it seems to be that the future of my house is not very certain. Wouldn’t you agree boy?

Barrett-…

Barrett is speechless and the table goes into an awkward silence.

Eric-Stratton-Oakmont Inc. has…did have, plans for the sports entertainment industry, but it would appear that my hopeful offspring could never win a match…much less be the face of the company. Tell me boy, how many times have you lost… to a woman, since you signed with the WZCW?

Barrett-…

Barrett becomes increasingly red in the face in both anger and embarrassment.

Eric-You have been there months, and what have you done boy? Caught a lawsuit?! Sometimes in the market, as in life you make bad investments. Sometimes that means putting your money in the wrong place...sometimes it means you should have just rolled over that night…

This sharp insult infuriates Barrett as he stands and slams his fist down into the table knocking his food and drink to the floor. He briefly fakes his composure and dismisses himself from the table laying his napkin on his place.

Barrett-Please excuse me, good evening ladies and gentlemen.

Eric continues his presentation in the background as the camera follows Barrett being chased by Leslie.

Eric-We all have to count our losses, but that is not the case with our current investments. As you can see from the pie chart, our money going toward the emerging Asian markets; or TIGERS, have increased valuations extensively, as well as our investments in tech stocks…

Leslie follows Barrett into the library with a pool table several leather chairs around the room. Barrett is leaning against the pool table when Leslie catches up to him shutting the doors behind them.

Leslie-Babe, are you okay?

Barrett is breathing heavily in his fury. His grabs the pool cue ball and begins slamming the ball repeatedly into the table putting a large dent in the table, before hitting his own self repeatedly in the forehead; drawing blood, and screaming in rage. Leslie runs toward him and grabs his arm.

Leslie-Stop it! He’s wrong baby, you know he’s wrong!

Barrett-…he talked to me…like I was a f*cking child!

Barrett angrily pitches the cue ball through a glass window shattering the pane.

Leslie-Calm down! This won’t solve anything.

Barrett-He’s going to cut me off…if I don’t win, maybe even if I do; he’s going to cut me off…he hates me...I’ll lose everything…the money…my trust fund…the company…my future…everything gone.

Leslie-Baby, he doesn’t see what I see, you’re the chosen one, in the WZCW, and you know where else.

Barrett-…

Leslie-You can fix this, you will fix this, because you have to.

Barrett-But how? By winning?!

Leslie-By winning any means necessary, you’re resourceful because you are a winner…but there’s another way…

Barrett-What do you mean?

Leslie takes a small pill canister out of her purse and opens it.

Leslie-Our fathers just merged their firms right?

Barrett-yeah…

Leslie-Look, I don’t care your little ski trips you take with other girls. I don’t even care if you do them from time to time...

Barrett-…

Leslie-What I do care about is staying on top, and I care about you.

Leslie opens the pill canister and sprinkles a trace amount of cocaine on the back of her thumb and snorts it before Barrett does the same.

Leslie-Your family’s company and mine are merged now Barrett.

As the effects of the drug begin to influence both of them, Barrett’s eyes become red and frequently sniffles while Leslie attempts to become more intimate by kissing Barrett on the neck and mouth while talking to him.

Leslie- Barrett…give me a baby…a baby boy. We will unite our families, not just the companies. Your dad could never cut you off after he has a grandson to carry on the Stratton name.

Barrett steps away briefly to contemplate Leslie’s controversial offer. He paces back and forth in confusion, and staring into the ceiling, as Leslie goes back to the pull table and seems to be undressing in the blurry background unbeknownst to Barrett.

Barrett-I just…I don’t know…I can’t lose it…I can’t lose it all…I have to…

Barrett turns to see Leslie stripped down wearing nothing but her black lingerie and heels with a line of cocaine leading from her toned abs to her panty line. She peers seductively at Barrett laying on the pool table. Barrett takes a moment to take the erotic scenario in before giving into Leslie’s scheme and approaching her while taking his tie off, as the scene fades to black…

Theron's Merry Band Of Misfits

sipw.png
ru7l.png
3rgn.png
4w31.png
n3gq.png
vpe8.png

4wf1.png

Night has fallen over the city of Firemont. Most of the residents have presumably gone to sleep, but a few rooms show signs of activity during the late evening hours due to various sources of light in the windows. Houses and shops form two lines parallel with the main street of the town. On one side in the middle lies the Cathedral of Torm, across from it is the Angry Badger's Inn, where Theron and his Merry Band of Misfits are staying for the evening. Camera zooms in on a balcony on the fourth floor of the Inn. Theron steps outside. The moon is full this night and is shining brightly in the star filled sky as Theron Daggershield looks up at the stars from his balcony.

[YOUTUBE]rzt0PdX32hI[/YOUTUBE]​

A comforting symphonic instrumental begins playing in the background. A falling star is seen across the sky, Theron sees it and closes his eyes for a moment. Kirilah opens the door to the balcony and steps outside to talk to Theron.

Kirilah: There you are. Is everything alright?

Theron opens his eyes. He faces her.

Theron: I needed a moment to myself.

Kirilah: You haven't said a word to anyone since your match against Marrmell. The others have recovered from their injuries and were asking about you. They are off purchasing horses now, so I thought I would check on you.

Theron: I'm just.... so disappointed in myself....

Kirilah: Do not be disappointed in yourself, Theron. You went into Marrmell's lair, single handedly with only Neep to assist you, and you saved my life. Marrmell was going to sacrifice me to Shar within moments of when you arrived.

Theron: Yeah, but that monster still holds the Regional Championship! I let down all of my fans, this was my career defining moment as a gladiator. If he retains his title enough times, he will get a shot at the World Championship. I should be the one getting the opportunity. He doesn't care about putting on an impressive display of gladiatorial combat, all he cares about is inflicting pain upon his opponents.

Kirilah: Is that what this is about? That stupid BELT? If he had killed me as a sacrifice to Shar and you managed to win the belt during your match, would you be happy right now?

Theron: That's NOT what I said.

Kirilah: Then don't act like it. You made it sound like being champion is more important to you than I am. That really hurt my feelings.

She turns to leave, with a sad look on her face. Theron walks over and embraces her.

Theron: I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to sound like that. The fact that you're safe makes up for not winning the match ten times over. I'm disappointed though, I had never in my life felt more confident about emerging victorious.

Theron still has his arms around her, she embraces him back and holds him tightly for a moment before looking up at him with a smile across her face.

Kirilah: I am so proud of you, Theron. You have no idea. You're a hero! Few men would have gone down into Marrmell's lair without assistance, even fewer would have come out alive, and still fewer would have done what you did on that ladder.

Theron: What do you mean, what I did on the ladder?

Kirilah: You accepted Mystra! Now we have the most important thing in my life in common, my faith!

Her eyes glow with excitement. She holds him even tighter, with her head against his armor. They remain in each other's arms for a moment. Kirilah then lets go and walks over to the edge of the balcony to observe the view.

Kirilah: This is a gorgeous view, you can see the whole town!

Theron: Yeah. That's why I came out here. It's very relaxing to just look out into the scenery and get things off your mind.

He goes over to the edge also and stands next to Kirilah. She points over in the distance at a hut about 30 feet away from them.

Kirilah: That's where the others went to buy our mounts. They should be back by now though.

Theron: That will make traveling easier when it comes time to head to the next town to search for another Shar Shrine. We should leave in a day, we'll spend tomorrow learning to ride our mounts and then the following morning we leave for the next town.

Kirilah faces Theron.

Kirilah: Why? I thought we would be staying longer. Are you not interested in competing in the big gladiatorial event they have coming up?

Theron: After the match I just had with Marrmell? I can't.

Kirilah: What do you mean you CAN'T? The Theron I know would never give up. The words "I quit" and "I can't" are not in his vocabulary.

Theron: It's a contendership match for Marrmell's Regional Championship. The winner gets a title shot against the winner of the match where Marrmell defends against the Dark Knight Leonaros Moonshadow.

Kirilah: So? What's the problem?

Theron: The rules of the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation prevent any challenger for the Regional Championship to have another title match against the same champion. Meaning I cannot compete for that belt until Marrmell loses it. If I win, my prize is a contendership status that I'm not allowed to use. What's the point in that?

Kirilah: That's only if Marrmell retains. What if Leonaros wins, didn't you face him once before already?

Theron: Yeah. He's been wearing a mask and calling himself Blitz lately though, and is reportedly tougher to beat than ever.

They both look out into the view and are silent. Camera angle changes to a view of the street. Theron and Kirilah can still be seen on the balcony. It is at that moment that the Necromancer Keifasar is seen riding a skeletal horse. His left arm is raised up in the air and he is laughing obnoxiously. The floating skull Neep is floating as fast as he can behind the horse skeleton trying to keep up with his master's riding speed. Keifasar's other pets Henry the undead scorpion and the mummy Tricksy Rivers are also running after their master at a distance attempting to keep up at their own pace.

Keifasar: Onward, my minions, we must hurry into the sacred meadow if we are to locate Trayla the blue plaid fairy before sunrise!

Keifasar rides offscreen followed by Neep, Henry, and Tricksy Rivers before the camera angle changes back to Theron and Kirilah who slowly look at each other with raised eyebrows.

Kirilah: Did I really just see Keifasar riding a horse skeleton?

Theron: Yep.... Well, at least everyone will know which horse is HIS.

The strangeness of what they just saw causes them both to burst into laughter. They laugh to the point of having tears come out of their eyes.

Theron: Only Keifasar. I don't know why that was so funny, but it was. I needed a good laugh.

Kirilah: I should go. Why don't you stop by my room later? I've got something I cannot wait to show you!

Theron: Sure.

Kirilah smiles at Theron, and goes back inside. He continues to look out into the view of the town for a moment.

Theron: I need go back inside. I'll end up being out here all night at this rate. Maybe I should get a drink.

Theron goes back inside as the scene fades to black. The song stops playing.

====

Scene fades in to Theron walking in the hallway of the Angry Badger's Inn. Many doors line the walls of the hallway, a few torches are lit in between some of the doors to light up the hall late at night. Before he is able to reach the bar on the first floor he runs into the rest of his Merry Band of Misfits: Davivel the Cleric, Kayrentia the Druid, and Sheshmish the Swashbuckler.

Davivel: Theron! Are you alright buddy?

Theron: I've been better. I cannot get these angry thoughts off my mind. The whole thing with Marrmell and my not being allowed to challenge him for that belt again until he loses it has me incredibly frustrated.

Davivel: That rule certainly does complicate your situation.

Theron: Yeah, it does. I think I might enter the contendership battle after all though. Did you guys get mounts?

Sheshmish: Aye, captain! One for each of us!

Theron: As long as mine is still alive. I don't want an undead one like that horse skeleton Keifasar was riding earlier. I take it that's going to be his mount?

Kayrentia is horrified at finding out about the horse skeleton.

Kayrentia: He rode a WHAT!? Are you sure he had a skeleton and not a living horse?

Theron: Yeah, he rode off in search of a blue plaid fairy in the meadow with all his undead pets following him. That was one of the weirdest things I have ever seen.

Davivel: That definitely sounds like something Keifasar would do. So what do you know about your opponents for the contendership battle, who else is going to be in it?

Theron: Well, first there's a controversial rookie Drow Ranger by the name of Britanicus Strattonus who might enter.

Sheshmish: That be the landlubber who doesn't think women should be gladiators, and looks just like Davivel?

Theron: The very same. He lost to the amazon Thorra Boulder in his first match. You guys might remember her, she is the one who they revived to proclaim the winner of the last one of these, which I would have won had Keifasar not brought Neep into a bar that doesn't allow floating skulls inside.

Davivel: I wouldn't worry about Britanicus. Is Thorra in this though?

Theron: She might be, and if she does compete she will be one of the ones to watch out for.

Davivel: Who else?

Theron: Then there's Darius the Taurus. A minotaur who is on a long losing streak. I can't recall the last time he won a match, but I did run into him in a library once. He yelled at me for several minutes for being too loud while talking to Kirilah and Keifasar, yet his yelling at us to be quiet was louder than anything the three of us were doing. Then he started reading "Maze Construction for Dummies".

Sheshmish: There be the winner of the match right there, captain!

They all laugh for a few seconds.

Theron: Then we have Ella Teague an attractive new female competitor. She's an Elven Cleric who wants to dedicate her wins to Corellon the deity of beauty, art, magic, and the Fey. They say Ella is out to prove her deity's followers are just as cut out for gladiators as any other, and she's not bad looking either.

Kayrentia: Don't let Kirilah hear you call another girl attractive. She would get quite jealous of her.

Theron: Let's see, who else.... Oh, right. The next rumored entrant is Byla a female Orc Warrior. She doesn't say much, but could be another one to watch out for.

Sheshmish: Be there any championship tier competitors entering, captain?

Theron: Yeah. I heard that CRAP the Golem, a former Regional Champion might be participating in the match.

Kayrentia: Crap? Is that really his name?

Theron: It's short for Construct Returning All Pain. Any time he is attacked he shouts "CRAP MUST DESTROY!" before launching a counterattack. He's held the title before, but Leonaros Moonshadow defeated him for it before he in turn lost the belt to Marrmell.

Davivel: I'm already excited to see you compete in this match, the list of possible opponents is impressive!

Theron: There's still two more. Markus Frostbite, a Human Dark Crusader and former member of the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation who is wanting to make his return. It might be during this match. I'm concerned about him as any dark crusader would almost certainly involved with the New Church of Shar.

Davivel: And the last one?

Theron: A Dwarven Rogue Noble who goes by the name of Kaiser. A former politician who got into the gladiatorial scene and found more success in the ring. He has won the King's Contendership Match before, so he is extremely dangerous. Having made his return just recently, he will be wanting to make a name for himself again.

Sheshmish: Be that the end of the rundown of all ye opponents, captain? Yarr! Ye can defeat the lot of them!

Theron: Thanks for the vote of confidence, Sheshmish. This is going to be a difficult battle. Wait, what time is it? I was supposed to go see Kirilah in her room and it is getting very late!

Kayrentia: Go run to her then. I am going to bed anyway.

Davivel: Me too, I am extremely tired.

Sheshmish: Not me! I'm off to the inn's bar for another bottle of rum, arr!

Davivel and Kayrentia leave for their rooms, Sheshmish heads to the bar, and Theron rushes to Kirilah's room hoping she is still awake. Scene fades out to black.

====

Scene fades in to Theron outside a door in the hallway. He takes a deep breath and goes to knock on the door. The comforting instrumental begins to play again.

[YOUTUBE]rzt0PdX32hI[/YOUTUBE]​

Theron: Kirilah? Are you awake? It's Theron.

Kirilah: (heard through door) Yes. Come inside, I have been waiting for you.

Theron eagerly goes inside. Camera follows him inside the room. The bed is made, some candles are lit, and Kirilah is still fully dressed. There is a bag on the nightstand with Theron's name on it and Kirilah is holding a Tome of Mystra. Theron's mood can be seen shifting in his facial expression from excited to somewhat disappointed, signifying that this is not what he expected.

Kirilah: Surprise! I dug up my Tome of Mystra for you! Now we can study her teachings together! Isn't that wonderful?

Theron: Oh, yeah.... That's.... great....

Theron scratches his head. Kirilah's smile turns upside down and she sits down on the bed, placing the tome down next to her and looks at Theron.

Kirilah: Theron, this is really important. You accepted Mystra as your deity and when you prayed to her at Marrmell's lair, she answered. Remember that Holy Wave that came from your sword as it destroyed those barrels?

Theron: Yeah. I remember that. I just-

Kirilah: Then, come sit down. This is very important to me. I study Mystra's scripture every day. You need to learn more about our deity, and I wanted this to be something special that we could do together.

Theron: I'm not really into the whole "reading" thing, Kirilah. I meant it when I accepted Mystra though. I give you my word.

Kirilah: Then you need to keep that word, not just to me but to our deity too.

Theron: I intend to. I'll spend time in prayer and make time to worship her. I'm not reading that thing though.

Kirilah stands up.

Kirilah: That's NOT how it works! You don't just pick and choose what you want to do! This is a LIFESTYLE. You have to read scripture every day, it is the only way to satisfy your spiritual hunger.

Theron: Spiritual hunger? Is that even a thing?

Kirilah crosses her arms and frowns at Theron.

Kirilah: Now you're frustrating me. You need to take this seriously! One chapter per day should suffice, let's start right now.

Theron: Maybe later, I really don't have time for that right now.

Kirilah: You do not have even ten minutes to give to Mystra!? If that is the case then we need to talk about your priorities.

Theron: My faith ranks highly in my priorities, but not if it means reading, that's boring! Everyone always told me I need to read or else I miss out on all sorts of adventures. Why waste time staring at pieces of paper when I can just as easily go on a real adventure by accepting quest opportunities from townspeople who need help or even by playing Labyrinths & Leviathans? Books are too boring for me.

Kirilah: How do you know that it's boring, how many theological tomes have you ever read? ANY? No. Zero. I have read several. Don't you EVER tell ME that MY religion's holy book is boring. Especially after YOU accepted Mystra as YOUR deity too. How DARE you!? You're not leaving this room until you read at the very least one verse. I promise you, it's not boring.

Theron: Don't tell me what to do! I'm the leader, so what I say goes! I'm NOT reading ANYTHING and that is FINAL!

A tear is seen coming down from Kirilah's left eye, a look of disappointment is on her face as she sits down on the bed again. Theron sits down beside Kirilah. She is starting to cry.

Theron: I'm sorry, Kirilah. If it means that much to you, I will give this lifestyle change a try. It is very late though, can we wait to start until after I have won my match? I cannot get if off my mind. I have to become the number one contender again so I can win that belt!!!!

Kirilah's wipes the tears from her eyes.

Kirilah: So, you changed your mind about competing in the battle?

Theron: I thought about it some more, and yes, I want to win this match. I want to earn another title shot. Even if Marrmell retains and I end up having to wait to challenge a different champion. I want to redeem myself so that my fans and my Merry Band of Misfits will be proud of me.

Kirilah: We are proud of you though, all of us. Even Keifasar. Sometimes we come up short in what we are trying to do. Don't let that loss get to you. This is all the more reason to focus more on your faith, your friends.... and on me. Will you give it a chance? It would mean the world to me if you tried, with an open mind free of sarcasm and laziness.

Theron: Yes, I will try. I'm 100% focused on getting that title shot right now though. I don't care if I have to go through Leonaros, Marrmell, or anyone else.... I WILL become a gladiatorial champion!

Kirilah is smiling now.

Kirilah: Now THERE'S the Theron I fell in love with! You're going to do great, none of the other gladiators in that match will be able to defeat you. Just believe in yourself, and in Mystra. Before you go, I have something for you.

Kirilah goes over to the nightstand and grabs the bag with Theron's name on it. She goes and hands it to him.

Kirilah: This is for you. I know you had your lucky rubies, but just in case Marrmell's theft tainted them.... I want you to have these.

Theron opens the bag, and inside he finds 7 beautiful Sugilite gemstones.

1798488_10100115638067736_606215893_n.jpg

Theron: Wow. These are amazing.... They are the same shade of purple as your armor! Thank you.

He puts the gems in his pocket and the two share a long hug.

Theron: I better head back to my own room. I have to get a good night's rest if I am going to be fully prepared for the contendership battle.

Kirilah: I will see you in the morning then. Goodnight.

Theron goes to the door and looks back at Kirilah as he opens it.

Theron: Goodnight, Kirilah.

Theron exits the room and the camera follows him into the hallway. He closes the door and stands in the hallway for a moment. The light coming out from under the door can no longer be seen, Kirilah has seemingly blown out her candles to go to sleep. Theron takes the gems back out of his pocket. He takes the largest gem, which has 20 sides, and rolls it. The gem lands on an 18.

Theron: (thinking to himself) I can already feel my luck returning. I've got a good feeling going into this match.

Theron picks up the 20 sided Sugilite, places each of the gems back in his pocket and begins walking to his room to go to sleep. The instrumental stops playing. Fade to black.

"Thank you" Eve Taylor said with a smile.

She handed the taxi driver his fee through the window before he slowly drove off, leaving Taylor with her handbag standing on the curb in front of a high school. She turned around and say the large structure staring menacingly at her, causing Taylor to be almost frozen in her position as she looked back. The sun that was once shining down onto the Earth had been covered by the darkened clouds with the wind slightly picking up, causing Taylor's dress to flutter. A shiver goes through the skin of Eve as she crosses her arms, trying to warm and protect herself, reminding her of the times that she used to attend school.

As Taylor slowly pans her eyes across the school grounds, her brain begins flooding with vivid memories and it projects in front of her...

... Taylor begins seeing children appear in front of her, playing on the school grounds or conversing in groups. The sound of feet running and laughter fill the air as Eve becomes fully emersed.

* DING *

* DING *

* DING *

The teacher at the entrance rang the handheld bell as the kids who once littered the yard began heading towards the open doors. However, there was one child she managed to pinpoint that wasn't in a rush like the others. It herself as a child (young Eva), standing in front of her only a few feet away with her head hung low attempting to carry her things without a bag. It looked like a challenging effort as her young self was shivering furiously from the chilly wind. So, she put down her things and unfolded her tattered jumper, putting it on top of her equally wrecked uniform.

As her younger version was trying to figure out which one of the many holes was the one for her limbs & head, a few girls walked over and began laughing at her before they started to play around with her, pushing young Eva like a pinball. Taylor watched on, frightened for the little girl.

"Fermare!"
("Stop!")

She pleaded and begged but the girls did not stop their little game, continuing to shove with their laughs until she fell over, knocking over her stack. Taylor, with shock and misery dampening her face, took a step forward with her arms out to reach, wanting so badly to help that little girl but she knew she couldn't.

"Ridere la brutta ragazza!"
("Laugh at the ugly girl!")

They walk off, leaving young Eva to deal with the mess by herself, eventually untangling herself from the jumper and look around her. The little girl wanted to cry and Taylor badly wanted to provide a shoulder to do so but it clicked with Taylor that it was merely a dream sequence...

... and thus, everything that she saw quickly began to disappear and return back to the presence. Taylor was squatting down, looking at the spot on the grounds where she saw her young self and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. It took her a moment to clear her mind before getting up (& picking up her bag), making sure that nothing began streaming down from her eyes.

"It's okay, Eva... it's okay..." Eve whispered to herself.

Taylor did her best to recover and with her head held high, she marched towards the monstrosity of a building with confidence and a lack of hesitation for the first time in her life.

--------------------------------------------------

"And please welcome to the stage, former model and current professional wrestler, Miss Eve Taylor!"

A very small & abysmal applause is generated from the sea of young teenage kids sitting on the bleachers as Eve Taylor got up from her allocated seating, heading towards the podium and shaking hands with the principal who announced her name. The large room was so quiet that the sound of the two people shaking could be heard. As the Principal goes to sit down, Taylor turns to the kids and takes to the microphone.

"Thank you" Eve said softly, slightly nervous.

She looks up, looking throughout the mass of students who she assumed were forced to attend and probably not interested in this special seminar. Public speaking was never an issue for Taylor, especially without having lines to read from a sheet of paper but this was a completely new crowd for Taylor and caused her to hesitate in continuing.

"First off," Taylor begins, looking over to the Prinicipal. "I'd like to take the time to thank the faculty for inviting me to your lovely school and allowing me to be your speaker for new WZCW's anti-bullying campaign."

Taylor claps for a couple of seconds, trying to initiate an applause but it seems the teens aren't taking too kindly to Taylor. Quickly, she stops clapping as one kid coughs.

"And I'd like to thank you all for coming..."

Taylor lowers her head and looks off to the side, looking to string the right words together before she faces the teens once more.

"I don't know whether any of you have ever heard of me before, let alone know anything of my personal life so I'll quickly run-down a few key things you need to know that'll help you understand why exactly a model is here speaking to you about bullying: I was one of those kids who were severely teased during my time for the way that I looked for the way that I dressed-"

"Whatever." Someone heckles, interrupting Taylor.

Before any of the teachers intervene, Taylor looks around the bleachers and asks for the person to stand up. After a few seconds, a teen with two crutches attached to his elbows stands up, relying heavily on his arm strength as his legs wobble. The look on the teen's face shows that he isn't impressed with Taylor's story.

"You're making somebody with Cerebral Palsy stand up? You're a very classy lady." He continues with a sarcastic tone.

"I'm so sorry, please s-" Taylor says shockingly, but again, she is interrupted. "I'm fine and I don't need your pity."

Not knowing what to do, Taylor stands at the podium dumbfounded as the audience has turned their attention toward this one child.

"If you think that someone commenting on your fashion choices is severe bullying than you are sadly mistaken. Try growing up with a crippling physical condition amongst people who never entirely understood. I was ridiculed, berated and physically tortured for something that was outside of my control and something that I was trying my hardest to correct. I've been through years of physical & psychology therapy and this is the outcome thus far." The kid lifts up one of his crutches slightly before putting it back down. "Sure, I can do what most normal humans can do but it doesn't negate all the stares and comments I overhear every day of my life that eat me up inside. So you know what I do to those people? I bully them back! I let them know that they aren't perfect neither and I get criticised for being a complete ass!"

Hey! Watch your language! This is quiet enough Francis!

Taylor turns around to the Principal and uses her hand gestures to stop him from speaking. Taylor assures the surprised Principal that she can handle this situation, grabbing the microphone and gracefully jumping off the stage. She heads over towards Francis in the front row and stands in front of him, with the two looking at each other.

"You are right: I don't know what it's like to have your condition or any other physical condition for that matter and no matter how hard I try to imagine, I will never be able to replicate something so horrific and terrifying. But, bullying is still bullying, no matter how light or extreme the experiences. Like you, I've had to live with many people pointing out my negatives despite all the positives and I commend you for being able to successfully live and excel with your condition. That is something no-one can ever take away from you.

However, demeaning others isn't the way to combat the bullies. If anything, you are showing that their comments are getting to you and fuelling the fire. Going up to people you don't know and making negative comments about them is also a form of bullying as well and you know exactly how it feels like so why do it to them?"

Francis shakes his head as he doesn't believe what Taylor is saying.

"So you're condoning others to bully me but I cannot respond? You just sound like one of them!"

Taylor sees that Francis is getting emotional, not sure of whether to burst out in anger or sadness.

"If you hurt others, those people in turn will hurt even more people and the vicious cycle continues. The bullies are the ones who hurt the most and it us up to people like us to take the first step. I can tell you from experience that in my job, there are a lot of people who have criticised me and everyone else on the roster for being unique.

I've been called many names by Barrett Stratton and I've been beaten down by Illapa but you know what happened? I won those fights by sticking to my values and pushed through everything they threw at me. I proved myself against them but is that going to stop others from doing the same? The sad reality is that it isn't and this upcoming match I've got against a multitude of other people might be my biggest challenge yet but I'm not giving up.

There are many unique personalities in WZCW and in our world, and whilst it would be so easy to put down someone like Constantine for manipulating words & backstabbing others or teasing a person inside a cardboard robot uniform about having a funny name, you have to take whatever you are and take it in stride much like Darren Bull and the criticisms he receives. If someone like Darren can be proud of himself..."

Eve Taylor stands up and looks over to the audience, opening up her arms.

"... we all can!"

She looks back down at Francis who is mulling over what Taylor has just explained.

"There is something beautiful in everybody, Francis and all I want for you is to shine. I'm not here to diminish anything you've accomplished. I want you to rise up, take the message you've worked so hard to create and spread it for the whole world to see. We are strong and we can show people the way: let's show everyone that anyone can be capable of everything."

With a slightly doubtful face, Francis asks: "And how will you do that?"

"By showing that this model, who has no idea how to do anything other than stand in front of a mirror and bask in all of my plastic glory, will prove my stereotypes wrong and become the next contender for the Elite X title. The question is: can you break away from yours?"

Taylor extends a serious look on her face as she puts our her hand. Francis looks down and smiles, offering a handshake to him.

"By being the best damn role model & human being I can."

Taylor gives off a smile as the two shake hands. The Principal in the background stands up and starts clapping, causing the audience of teenagers who were once bored of this assembly to begin showing their appreciation as well as they start chanting for Francis. He seems a little embarrassed but manages to smile to everyone and give a small wave. He looks at Taylor and he gives him a wink.

"Make me proud, Francis." Eve whispers to him amongst the noise.

"You too, Miss Taylor. Win the championship for me." He replies.

"I will. Good luck Francis."

Taylor takes a couple of steps back as she starts seeing his classmates rallying behind him, seeing the smile on his face. She gives a nod before being approached by the Principal who thanks her for time.

--------------------------------------------------

After a long day with the classmates, Taylor exits the school with a few students waving goodbye to her as she approaches the taxi on the curb. The clouds have passed and the sun is once again shining brightly, allowing Taylor to bask in its rays. Before she gets into the taxi, Taylor turns around and takes one more look at the school before a huge smile crosses her face: a new memory to replace her old.

She hops into the car and tells the driver where to go. As he starts up the car, she winds down the window and lets the cool breeze filter through her hair as she closes her eyes, feeling safe and confident.

"World famous professional wrestler... and future Elite X champion, Eve Taylor. At your service!"

The nightmares had decreased in frequency over the past few months, but the intensity never changed. In an instant, she was sent back to that night in Cartagena, Colombia where Illapa finally took her fate into her own hands.

Los Nuevos had moved their operations north to the coastlines of Colombia. They would be more easily able to negotiate pacts with other cartels and would have a new batch of tourists to prey on. Illapa was in the first group to move, as she was by far the most successful vendedora the group had. She was yet to fail in a kidnapping, so moving her to Colombia was top priority for the leadership of the Nuevos. Moving to Colombia was also a top priority for Illapa, but not for the same reasons as the cartel’s leadership.

Illapa did not enjoy preying on people like the other Nuevos did. She had been trained to be an emotionless killing machine. The people that were victimized weren’t people at all; they were tools that she was supposed to use to help acquire money for the Nuevos. This notion was drilled into her brain constantly. Between that and the martial arts training, the Nuevos really believed that they had the perfect weapon. The killing machine aspect was successful, but the emotionless part was not. It wasn’t necessarily sympathy that she felt, but rather a nagging voice in the back of her head telling her what she was doing was wrong. That nagging finally drove her to turn on the only family she had ever known. But first, she had to go to Colombia.

The plan was simple. The cartel had acquired a small yacht that they would use as the exchange location. They planned to purchase more in the future, but for now, the one boat would have to do. Besides that, it would be their typical procedure: two lookouts, the pastor, the second kidnapper, and Illapa as the vendedora.

Illapa’s plan was even simpler. Knowing that her colleagues never carried guns with them when they were on a grab mission, she would send the Nuevos overboard one by one and take off on the yacht. She had no idea where she would go or what would happen to the other cartel members, but Illapa knew this was her best chance to escape and try to find a new life.

Even though her escape had been successful, Illapa was forced to constantly relive the night of her escape over and over in her nightmares. Some nights, one of her former brothers murders her and throws her corpse into the sea. Other nights, a wave overtakes her boat, drowning her. No matter what, she never re-lives her success.

Tonight, it was an exceptionally strong capsizing that caused Illapa to awake with a start. She sits up, panting, in her room in Texarkana with cold sweat covering her body. As she reaches over for a drink of water, she instead grabs a piece of paper with a WZCW logo at the top. It is a contract for the Elite X Battle Royale at Unscripted. Terrance Howe gave it to her earlier in the day and told her to think about whether or not she would like to enter. Usually she tried to gauge what Howe and Brother Westhoff wanted her to do, but she couldn’t tell if they had an opinion either way.

Holding the contract in her hand, Illapa can’t help but get excited at the thought of becoming the number one contender to the Elite X title. She escaped the Nuevos to make something of herself and agreed to join WZCW to prove her ability as a fighter and becoming the Elite X Champion would allow her to accomplish both of those goals in one fell swoop.

As quickly as possible she grabs a pen off her nightstand, signing the contract and also writing something at the top before changing into a pair of gym shorts and putting on a t-shirt. She heads out of the room and slides the contract under Terrance Howe’s door on her way toward the gym. As the screen begins to fade out, the camera focuses on what Illapa wrote on the top of the contract:

“Ya es la hora de la ascensión de la Diosa”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back