Unscripted '12: TLC Elite X - Sam Smith (c) vs Triple X Discussion

Showtime

It's Showtime!
Sam Smith (c) vs. Triple X

Ascension 55 saw Sam Smith become the first ever two time winner of the Elite X Title. At Unscripted he faces a former champion who is looking to add his name to that distinction. Triple X was dominant facing off against some of WZCW rising stars and now in the biggest match of his career in the first ever one on one TLC match. Which possible outcome voted by the fans; pinfall or submission, climb the ladder, or put opponent through the table, will benefit each wrestler? Will Sam Smith emerge from the shadow of his partner Rush? Will this win move Triple X up to the next level in WZCW?

Discuss below

The outcome of this match is all on Sam Smith really. Everyone knows X has what it takes to win but does Smith have what it takes to defend against him? He shows signs of being great but is well known for being a bit boring and expected. Even though he's champ a defense against X would help Smith's credibility. He definitely has more at stake in this match than X as X will be fine win or lose. But where does Smith go if he loses? He'll be what everyone expects and have to ride Rush's coat tails for a while most likely.

I'm pulling for Smith in this one but my gut says X wins the title again.

If X wins the title it is a massive misuse by creative. The guy has what it takes to beat those in the world title picture. Look at Holmes in the title picture and it was just months ago that he lost to a new Triple X who had just entered the fed. I'm pulling for Smith in this match but if nothing is done to keep the title on him through creative then X is winning the thing for the second time.

Everyone here should know the rules, that we will not change the votes or award title wins to suit storylines or push certain people. X could pull out a cracker and I would be happy to see him win the belt again. Crock has suffered from a real challenge recently but he could easily knock it out the park.

This entire thread is really indicative of my character right now. I'm the Elite X Champion, but I'm the underdog, I'm riding my partner's coattails, etc. I just think this is a prime opportunity to squash that and get a solid win over someone whom I think is one of the best this fed has to offer, Triple X. I'm happy to get something I can really sink my teeth into. Triple X and Smith offer an interesting parallel (I started building Smith toward this side of the character during my first Elite X run, but got burnt out and left), so I'm really looking forward to this match.

Win or lose, I'm just looking forward to facing Triple X and -- hopefully -- putting together an RP that will put me on the path toward establishing myself as a major player.

Sam Smith is an interesting case. While I doubt it is quite so straightforward, Crock has been accused in the past of RPing to win and that it hurt the interest in his character. Since his return though, he has tried hard to inject some more character into Sam Smith and the association with Rush has given some help to that.

XXX presents a real threat and his praises have been suitably sung already but that should only spur on Crock. That fact that many expect him to lose should encourage him to try something different and let it all hang out.

My sentiments are the same as most: this is "make it or break it" for Smith. He's the Elite X champ and he did well with his previous reign so I won't doubt that he could make this one even better, especially with Rush by his side. However, this is Triple X we are talking about and someone who is looking to break the glass ceiling. This is his environment moreso than Smith's and X got huge from his previous title run - him winning the title would be great for X but I fear we may see another Big Dave situation arising. Smith retaining is the only logical choice but can he do it?

Smith needs this victory. He defends the title against a huge opponent and he looks like a credible threat as champion whilst X can recover post-Unscripted and try his hand at rising the ranks to the World title.

First of all, can I just say thank you for the amount of love that people here have given me over the last week. It's been most unexpected and it's bizarre to think I'm held in such a high regard by some when I myself think I just about deserve to be in the spot I'm in now. To say I'm more than happy being in the Elite X title picture is a huge understatement. That said, I sure as hell didn't deserve the spot when I won the Elite X belt before, so who knows what could happen should I get the chance?

All that said, I think Crock is being hugely overlooked by some people in terms of this match. To say he's a dangerous RPer is an understatement. I mean, he is the champion for a reason, and last time we faced each other I remember someone from creative (possibly Numbers) saying it was one of the closer decisions that round. That was Smith after he had just returned. Now he's fully in the groove, he's a much harder guy to beat, and to say it's gonna be a challenge is an understatement.

And as the newest member of Creative said, all the talk of Smith being the underdog will (and rightly, too) spur him on to bring out his absolute best. And I expect nothing less from Crock either. And hopefully he'll get nothing less from me.

I seriously can't wait to see how this match is written, and how mine and Crock's RP's stack up.

Everyone is on X's jock lately, for good reason. Dude has tons of potential. He has hits some bumps in the road, yet he always comes back. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say we expect big things from him. From his terrific LL showing, to his upset of Holmes, to his chance at regaining the Elite X title. This has been a big year for him.

Then you have Crocker. I enjoy reading Crock's RPs. I worked against him earlier in the year when RRR, BLT, and Strikeforce were battling for the tag titles, and I think his time at TLT helped him break out of the RPing to win shell he has been accused of. As with every partnership, there is a guy accused of riding coattails, and when you stand in Rush's massive shadow you really have to shine. I think Smith has done so.

I think this match is a dark horse for match of the night, and both guys will come strong.

Well if you're having a TLC match for a title, why wouldn't you have it under ladder match rules? This isn't a Smackdown vs Raw game, after all. For the winner I flipped a coin.

Prediction: Sam Smith wins by unhooking the title.

safe to say Smith ahs the most to lose here, as everyone else has pointed out. XXX could be one for the future, although I tend to hold back on praise like that until the future is now, then I'll pretend like I knew all along, but it doesnt take much to slide, a loss of momentum or interest can cause the slip.

Anyway, oddly I favour Smith in this one, while I tend to think that X is on the rise, Smith has the bit between his teeth. References to the old, scarred up dog fighting for his spot against jumped up, up and comer and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back