• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertaker's frail, aging carcass strikes again.

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
The Undertaker vs. Rey Mysterio match on last week's SmackDown! has potentially changed the main-event dynamic on WWE's number two brand.

According to F4WOnline.com, Undertaker suffered a broken orbital bone, a broken nose and a concussion in the match with Rey Mysterio. Taped last Tuesday, the match aired on Friday Night SmackDown.

Though no plans have yet been etched in stone, the recommendation from doctors was that Undertaker take time off to recover. The original recommendation would have Undertaker missing the Fatal 4 Way pay-per-view, for which is he scheduled in the World Heavyweight Championship match, although the latest belief is that it is "50/50" as to whether he can wrestle on the show.

As WWE awaits a final decision on Undertaker's status, Rey Mysterio has reportedly been put on standby from what was to be a month-long vacation. WWE reportedly wants him available as a replacement for Undertaker on the road and on television; if needed, he would also be the logical substitute for the Fatal 4 Way title match.
I doubt I'll miss him.

You know, because he's never around to begin with.

zomg, now cristian cn be in teh main event?!

Seriously, I'd like to see Christian in that match.

HOLD ON TO THAT FEEEEELINNNNNG

He seems to be entering a feud with Ziggy which should be good for both men, so if Rey replaces Taker I won't complain. Just as long as he doesn't win.

Reports say the feud with Ziggler is designed to get Ziggler over. Christian is just along for the ride, as usual.

As I said when I was watching SD, "Yeah we're putting Horny and Chavo in there because Ziggler and Christian couldn't work at all."

Damn shame. Taker just made his official return, and now this. I would have to think he won't wrestle in the fatal 4 way match.

Maybe Kane can fill in for him? It would give Kane something to do, Mysterio can go on vacation and Undertaker can take time to recover. It's not like Undertaker was going to win the championship anyway. But I would love to see Christian sneak into that four way dance.

Who says the 619 is a shitty move now huh?

I think the Undertaker will end up wrestling the match anyway, you know cos he's old school and whatnot. He's already immune to the whole wiping up blood directive so why wouldn't he be immune to wrestling with a broken face?

Otherwise they'll have to come up with a crap angle to explain his absence. And for a guy who's been buried alive, set fire to, exploded etc. then it'll have to be a lot more than "he got hit by a devastating 619". They'd have to say that Rey Mysterio was wearing knee/shin pads that were made from the Undertaker's urn or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back