• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertaker vs. Jericho Could Have Happened Earlier

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
Last year, Jericho and Undertaker fought for the first time ever on Smackdown. I believe Jericho won that one as I'm not completely sure. Nonetheless, up to that point they never even feuded but there was an opportunity and it was missed.

Kane and Jericho feuded in late 2000 culminating in an Last Man Standing match at Armageddon won by Jericho. What I would have liked to see was Jericho cut a promo talking about how he beat Kane and that he could beat the Undertaker as well. Jericho was just about to reach his peak and the Undertaker would have been a great choice for him to feud with.

As for how everything else would have changed especially concerning Wrestlemania 17, the card could have been Undertaker/Jericho, Rock/Angle, and HHH/Austin having their great match instead of at No Way Out. Wrestlemania 17 was great but the revamped card tops that in my opinion.

So do you think they missed a chance for Undertaker and Jericho to fight at Wrestlemania 17 and if they did, would anything be drastically different in the road leading to WM 17. Or was there another time where they could have feuded?

Well im not sure because at Wrestlemania 17 the matches were great. We had Angle vs Benoit, Taker vs Triple H, and Austin vs The Rock which ultimately lead to Austin aligning with Triple H. While Jericho was facing William Regal. I don't believe WWE thought Jericho was big enough then to face Taker at Wrestlemania. That was the best Wrestlemania I ever seen so I don't wanna say they should had Taker vs Jericho then. Hell don't forget Triple H and Undertaker had a hell of a feud going on then and im not sure Jericho vs Undertaker would of topped that. I would of had Jericho vs Taker take place at Wrestlemania 26 that's right this years mania but instead they opted to go with Hbk vs Taker. So hell who knows maybe it'll take place at 27.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back