Undertaker versus Jericho-- absolutely wasted

Suneeboy

Big Boot, Leg Drop, 1....2....3
One of the things we have all complained about as WWE fans is the fact that there was nothing fresh to watch. We moaned that the matches in the main event scene on both Smackdown and RAW were for the most part stale.

One of the things that the WWE had to fall back on in my opinion was an epic match that had NEVER been done before in any capacity sans maybe a house show here or there. The WWE had The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho. Two hall of famers, two legends, two great workers who've never stepped foot in the same ring was waiting in the wings and would have been an AWESOME payoff. I mean a MEGA payoff.

What the very lazy creative team at the WWE has done was give us 3 weeks in a row of Undertaker vs. Jericho in-ring action on free television. What they've done was kill the suspense of us actually seeing them work together in the ring. They could've maybe brawled, but actual competition should've been out of the question, for the simple fact that it was a never before done feud/match with two HUGE names. :disappointed:

Now there is still a lot for them to do if they were to keep feuding, and it will definitely be fun to watch. Wrestlemania still sounds like an option....but the suspense is gone, and that suspense is something that is difficult to duplicate in pro wrestling, because mega stars in 1st time matches are few and far between in this day and age.

Now I ask you all, do you think the WWE wasted Undertaker vs. Jericho? Should they have saved their first encounter and built it much better? If you think it hasn't been wasted, then why?

I honestly do not think it was wasted at all. However, that's just my opinion, just because it takes me a while longer than others to get bored of any one fued. I didn't realize that The Undertaker and Chris Jericho never had a one-on-one match until about 2 or 3 years ago, and I've been waiting ever since. Due to the fact that before this year, Undertaker remained on Smackdown, while Jericho was always on Raw... it took away the chance to see they go one-on-one at a earlier time.

I think their future fued will be just fine. They can still do a lot. And don't forget... it's The Undertaker! It's Chris Jericho! Two of the WWE's greatest workers in history. Even if it gets a bit boring after a while, both men have enough authority backstage to make their fued better than any other. No need to worry about them being together on three straight Smackdowns... we'll see great things after Survivor Series.

[QUOTE="Cool Guy" Jensen;1522363]I honestly do not think it was wasted at all. However, that's just my opinion, just because it takes me a while longer than others to get bored of any one fued. I didn't realize that The Undertaker and Chris Jericho never had a one-on-one match until about 2 or 3 years ago, and I've been waiting ever since. Due to the fact that before this year, Undertaker remained on Smackdown, while Jericho was always on Raw... it took away the chance to see they go one-on-one at a earlier time.

I think their future fued will be just fine. They can still do a lot. And don't forget... it's The Undertaker! It's Chris Jericho! Two of the WWE's greatest workers in history. Even if it gets a bit boring after a while, both men have enough authority backstage to make their fued better than any other. No need to worry about them being together on three straight Smackdowns... we'll see great things after Survivor Series.[/QUOTE]

I'm not doubting we won't see greatness from them when they square off. However there is no suspense as in "What will it be like when they finally meet". That was killed on free television, then over killed the next 2 weeks in a row going on 4 weeks in a row with the PPV on Sunday.

It's like someone holding out on sex. The more they say "no" the more you want it. It ends up becoming not so much that you want to have sex, but the fact that you "can't" have it drives you insane. What that does is make the payoff even that much better when you finally get ya some. Now if that person gives it up on the first night, the fun is blown and you are ready to move on to the next one. Think about it? No build, no intense promos, no premise to feud other than the belt, and nothing personal. Just plain out Wrestler X vs. Wrestler Y. Just so happens those people are Jericho & The Undertaker. Great matches are in store, but its been wasted. They could've done so much better. Cena vs. Batista, while very lackluster was a better first time encounter than this. At least they waited until the PPV to get their hands on each other and didn't screw on the 1st date.

The suspense was def killed off now, however if a well scripted storyline was put together, this would no doubt be a great match to watch, and especially would still be a Wrestle Mania worthy match. Undertaker would cut a hell of a lot of great promos and even though Jericho can cut nice promos as well, he can spend most of the time finding ways to make the Wrestle Mania match unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back