• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Underrated Musicians

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
Some musicians contributions to music are great, sometimes even masterful, they help a band define its music or they might replace someone, are equally talented but are shrugged off for not being the member they replaced.

Who are your favourite underrated musicians, are you a Ringo Starr?? Zak Starkey?? John Entwhistle, Tommy Bolin???

Mine would have to be this guy

Dj-Ashba_250x318.jpg

Who the hell is that you ask, this is DJ Ashba member of Nikki Sixx's side project Sixx AM and current member of Guns N Roses. Yes he's not Slash, but I think people being butthurt that he's not Slash hurts him, he's an amazing guitarist and can certainly play just about any Guns N Roses song.

[YOUTUBE]t2zoHGNJ7bk[/YOUTUBE]

The solo proves the guy is an amazing guitarist and should get more recognition.

Note: This isn't an underrated band thread this is about musicians in a band (or solo) that you feel deserve more recognition

For me it's Chris Cornell. Not only dose he have arguably the best voice in music today, but he is a great lyricist. Songs like Be Yourself, Wide Awake, Burden In My Hand, Like A Stone, You Know My Name are my all time favourites. There are few songs I don't like by Cornell, and most of those come from his scream album. And although I don't like Long Gone, the rock verson he released was a huge improvment, and the song Scream on acoustic is pretty good.

He has such a powerful voice, he could sing Pokerface on acoustic and make it sound good for Christ sake. Everyone of his songs with Audioslave were awesome, even B Side songs like We Got The Whip. And now he's back with Soundgarden YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my favorite underrated band is Hank Williams III & The Damn Band. He get's zero radio play, zero tv play, rejected by all of country music, and still has 2 top 5 country cd's in the last 2 years.

For me it's Chris Cornell. Not only dose he have arguably the best voice in music today, but he is a great lyricist.

I don't know how underrated he is. He's commonly referred to as one of the greatest vocalists off all-time. It doesn't get much more appreciated than that.

For me it would be Ryan Adams. Half of his career he spent being a solo act but then he formed The Cardinals so I'm gonna go ahead and say he was part of that band even if he was the leader. Sadly his biggest claim to fame would be that he wrote and was the first artist to record "When the Stars go Blue". Most people know the Toby Keith (I think he was the one) version. That of people confuse him with Bryan Adams (pisses me off) He has produced an abundant of records in the last six years releasing five albums one of which was a double album. I recommend checking out "Cold Roses" or "Cardinology". He records have a Grateful Dead kinda feel. It's a countrified rock. After their last album he went on hiatus and broke up the Cardinals, that was a sad day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back