Ultimate X: Reviewed

danny_the_legend_killer

Occasional Pre-Show
Just found this pretty funny review on the ultimate x and thought I would share it with you guys.

The Ultimate X match is the only thing TNA has ever done right, actually TNA does nothing right, and this event is not spared. While WWE tries to figure out new ways to give the title to Edge and how to make John Cena likable, TNA just hangs a plastic X above the ring and watches at least 100 guys kill themselves trying to get it. Of course, being something entertaining and innovative that drew attention to the show, TNA decided that it was taking away TV time from the wrestling legends and now you'll only see it once a year.

My question is do you agree with this or not ??

well i think that it shouldnt be used that often. on the other hand i think its bull crap that they are saying its taking time away from the legends. screw them. they had their time. they arent the future of the wrestling buisness. guys like styles, jay lethal, the motor city machine guns, samoa joe, beer money, the pope, and desmond wolfe are the future. screw guys like hogan, jarrett, hardy, rvd, flair, sting, nash, all the ecw guys, mick foley, kurt angle. they're time is over. all these guys desmond wolfe, jay lethal, brutus magnus are barley used. tna right 8 shitty storylines revolving around the old guys and tna ends up sucking. look what happened when guys like styles, samoa joe, christopher daniels, rhino, christian cage, and a few others where the main guys. tna was awesome. keep it more simple and tna would be doing better.

well i think that it shouldnt be used that often. on the other hand i think its bull crap that they are saying its taking time away from the legends. screw them. they had their time. they arent the future of the wrestling buisness. guys like styles, jay lethal, the motor city machine guns, samoa joe, beer money, the pope, and desmond wolfe are the future. screw guys like hogan, jarrett, hardy, rvd, flair, sting, nash, all the ecw guys, mick foley, kurt angle. they're time is over. all these guys desmond wolfe, jay lethal, brutus magnus are barley used. tna right 8 shitty storylines revolving around the old guys and tna ends up sucking. look what happened when guys like styles, samoa joe, christopher daniels, rhino, christian cage, and a few others where the main guys. tna was awesome. keep it more simple and tna would be doing better.

I agree that the guys you mentioned are the future, but to say that TNA has ... eight storylines revolving around the "old guys" is harsh.

...they're not eight ... they're two[RVD vs Rhyno in a "What The Fuck Am I Watching This For" Match and Buh Buh vs D-Von in a "D-Von was Skinny Now He Is Not" Match] ... and they're the most boring storylines I've had to endure since last week's edition of RAW. Zing! Granted, RVD is 40 and Rhyno's 35, they're not exactly old. Same goes for 3D, they're almost 40. But yeah, fine, they might be old to some people.

Anyhow -- on topic ... what IS the topic. On yeah, Ultimate X and some good 'ol TNA hate. Well, I like the Ultimate X. I mostly like it because of the pointlessness that goes on in the ring during the match. Nothing like some oldfashioned TNA clusterfuck. Things happen, flippy things, crazy things, cool spots, someome grabs the X, zee-pe-de-doo-dah.

It's a great concept, very unique, very cool. I like it and while some might think it's used "a lot" I believe that that's an exaggeration. It's not used a lot, but it's used more than it should be. The Ultimate X should be used once or twice a year to close big X-Division feuds. Unfortunately, the poor thing is dead and the Ultimate X ended up being an Ultimate Orphan. I'm not worried, though. TNA is fixing one division at a time it seems. First it was the Tag-Division, then the Main Event, then the K.O's, and I'll allow myself to believe that the X-Division's revival will come about in the foreseeable future, due to the fact that TNA is on good terms with AAA and could bring in some exciting new talent.

This review was clearly written by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. Here's the thing though, there's a bit of truth in it.

The one thing that truly made TNA captivating to me when it first started was the X division. It was innovative. It was impressive. It was different. And it made me tune in every week. To the person who wrote that review, the Ultimate X=The X Division.
And in that regard, the writer of this review is correct, despite being an idiot in regards to expressing it. He's right in that the X division has not only taken a back chair to the washed up losers like Tommy Dreamer, Jeff Jarrett, Hulk Hogan, and Jeff Hardy, it's completely died. There is no such thing as the X division anymore in TNA. It doesn't exist. Sure, every now and then we're treated to a match with Amazing Red or Jay Lethal, but it's usually a 5 minute match that serves no point. With the X division dead, TNA is boring and just plain awful.

Ultimate X was the awesome showcase match in the most exciting division in professional wrestling.

That was then

Ultimate X is a match that is occasionally used to give some random wrestlers a PPV match to stop the fans forgetting about them as tv time is filled up by Hulk Hogan limping around, Tommy Dreamer crying and Ric Flair blading.

There it is in a nutshell

Ultimate X is something that's fun to watch every now and again when you've got the right people in it. Let's face it, it's a spotfest designed primarily to please people that enjoy seeing wrestlers flip and flop around all over the place. It's still fun to watch, it's mindless fun that's forgettable 10 minutes after you watch it, but it is what it is. Or, I should say, that's generally what Ultimate X was back in the day when the X-Division meant a damn in TNA.

Today, TNA has reduced it to the ranks of being just another gimmick match instead of being one of their signature matches. It hasn't sunk to the same levels as a typical 4 minute street fight that we see on iMPACT! every other week at least, but its glory days are behind it for now. Last one they had on iMPACT! was Mr. Anderson, with one arm, against Kazarian and it was crap. The only one that I've seen in a while that was good was back during the best of five series between the Guns & Beer Money, but even it wasn't nearly as good as matches past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back