• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ultimate In Your House

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Slyfox did one for Mania so I'm taking it as if it's my own. But I think he stole it anyway. Rep him anyway, he loves it.

Come up with the your ultimate In Your House. From IYH 1 in 1995 to IYH: Backlash 1999. Don't list, give reasons. It's harder than it looks. Brief rules below. You have one match you want to add but you can't because you've either already had a match with that wrestler/gimmick/title. Feel free to state which matches you can't fit onto your card. Rate other peoples cards, but give reasons throughout.

Rules:

Maximum of 9 matches per card but it must have taken place at an In Your House Show between May 1995 - April 1999.

One of your matches must have been a main event for one of the IYH shows.

Maximum of 2 gimmick matches per card. Hardcore title matches include hardcore rules, as a result you can only have one.

You can use any title from that era. Although that specific title can only appear once on your show.

You must have one tag title match on your card.

A wrestler can be in only one match per card. This is harder than the SummerSlam one as you don't have 20 years worth of wrestlers to use, and WWE had a limited main event pool at the time. But multiple Foley's allowed. No Mankind in two matches. But you can use a Mankind, Cactus Jack or Dude Love at least once.

Please list which year and show your match happened.

Your show can either be a regular 3 hour show, or 2 hours. This is because the initial IYH shows were at a reduced price because of the length.

This is not a dream card as such. Just the best card you can produce with all the rules handicapping you.​

Slyfox Original
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=17438
(That is in the Spam Zone, this is not follow the rules of the thread.)​

This was a lot harder than the SummerSlam one. With only 4 years to pick matches from the main event scene doesn't change much. So a lot of great main event get left off. And each one I do will get even harder. The Survivor Series one will be a pain, if you add a couple of elimination matches, the two gimmick per match rule should mess with the TNA one and the King Of The Ring will need a lot of explaining. I'm unsure how I'll split up the WCW one as of yet.

- World Tag Team Title Match: Owen Hart & The British Bulldog vs. Fake Razor Ramon & Fake Diesel (In Your House XII: It's Time) (10:45)

There were lots of options when it came to the tag title. Most of them came from the team of Owen & Bulldog. Possibly the most underrated tag team of all time. If only they'd had matching outfits and a proper tag name. Tread possibly coming soon. They had a way of elevating any team they wrestled against. I don't have any problem with The Smoking Gunns, The Godwins or any other teams from that era. They were teams that were suited to the era they were in, great or not. But Bulldog & Owen are the definative team from that era. What's great about this version of the thread is that the Dudleyz, E & C and The Hardyz all miss out.

It was either this or matches vs. The Smoking Gunns or Doug Furnas & Philip LaFon. I opted for this because for a couple of minutes ''Razor'' & ''Diesel'' looked like they might make it.

- No Holds Barred Match: Vader vs. Ken Shamrock (In Your House XV: Cold Day In Hell) (13:21)

I didn't know it at the time. But Shamrock was awesome. Vader is the 2nd best wrestling fat ass ever.

- Intercontinental Title Match: Mark Mero vs. Goldust (In Your House XI: Buried Alive) (11:38)

Ideally I would have had Double J vs. HBK. But when it came to Shawn Michaels matches from that era I struggled to find a defining one. I could have picked about 10.

- Crybaby Match: Razor Ramon vs. 1-2-3 Kid (In Your House VI: Rage In The Cage) (12:01)

This is a stipulation not a gimmick, so I haven't broken one of the rules. I almost didn't add it. The stipulation is so awful that it almost ruins the match.

- Bret Hart vs. Jean Pierrer Lafitte (In Your House III: Triple Header) (16:37)

Bret missed out on having a higher place on the card because of a few reasons. One he was a champion for a portion of the IYH shows. HBK was better for a long period of time. Owen & Bulldog have a tag match, and if I'd used the Canadian Stampede main event, the show would have been very short.

After the release of the Hart DVD the Hakushi match will probably feature a lit. So I opted for this so I wasn't a sheep. Just as great, needs some recognition.

- The Great Sasuke vs. Taka Michinoku (In Your House XVI: Canadian Stampede) (10:00)

One of the greatest cards of all time. And while this isn't the best match on the card. It's still says something when it's not overshadowed by all the huge stars in other matches.

- Steel Cage Match: Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon (In Your House XXVII: St Valentine's Day Massacre) (7:52)

It's pretty much the greatest feud of all time. I'm not even a huge Austin fan. But while Hogan is a bigger star. Piper ain't got nothing on Vince. Ok cage match. But Austin needed to get on my card.

- Flash Funk vs. Leif Cassidy (In Your House XII: It's Time) (10:34)

Two wrestlers with great reputations before they got into WWE. No classic, but it's still good.

- WWF Championship Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind (In Your House X: Mind Games) (26:25)

Even with a DQ finish this is still the best match ever.

- Just missed out: WWF Championship

The WWF title posed a real problem. Plenty of HBK matches. If it wasn't the Mankind match it would have been the Vader or Diesel match. But I would have had to shuffle around if it was the Diesel one because of the stipulation.

Bret Hart was a problem as well. I had to leave off the awesome Bulldog match. Far superior to the Wembley match. The Patriot match which I like, but I don't think it would be missed. But the one I really wanted to add was the Final 4 match vs. Austin, Taker & Vader. But fatal 4 ways really mess up a large portion of your undercard.

Austin vs. Dude Love from 1998 could have got on twice.

- Just missed out: Miscellaneous

Two matches I wanted to add more than anything, but just couldn't were the main event of Canadian Stampede and the main event of IYH XX:No Way Out. With 10 wrestlers in one and 8 in the other it just wasn't possible.

There were a couple of Rock matches from late in 1998 in there too, some Shamrock & a lot of Mankind. The problem with the later shows is that they were gimmick heavy.

- Wild Man Mark Mero vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (In Your House VIII: Beware of Dog) (16:23)

This was a great opener. Back at this time, HHH's matches were watchable, and I thought he and Mero had great chemistry together. This was definitely the best match these two ever had, too, in my opinion.

- WWF Tag Team Championship: The Smokin' Gunns vs. The 1-2-3 Kid and Razor Ramon (In Your House IV: Great White North) (12:46)

One of the Smokin' Guns best matches during their horrible run. Kid and Razor had fantastic chemistry and carried these guys to a pretty decent match. Also, this was the beginning of Kid's heel turn, which would eventually lead to Jake's match between the two (but I agree that stipulation nearly ruined it).

- Dungeon Match: Owen Hart vs. "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock (In Your House XXIII: Fully Loaded) (4:53)

Short, but super sweet match. I've always loved the finish with the dumbell here.

- Brian Pillman vs. Goldust (In Your House XVII: Ground Zero) (11:05)

I put this here more for the angle, rather then match. Pillman wins and gets Marlena for the next thirty days. The skits that followed were some of the most entertaining and shocking segments WWE has ever put on.

- Intercontinental Title Match: Jeff Jarrett (ch) vs. Shawn Michaels (In Your House II) (20:01)

Classic. My favorite IC Title match of all time. It had to come on here.

- Carribean Strap Match/Chauffeur match: Savio Vega vs. Steve Austin (In Your House VIII: Beware of Dog) (15:00)

One of my favorite Steve Austin matches ever. He and Vega worked great together and this match was very stiff and fun to watch. You really felt these two guys hated each other at the time.

- WWF Championship: Bret Hart (ch) vs. The British Bulldog (In Your House V) (21:09)

One of the most underrated matches of all time. Their Summerslam match usually gets all the love when talking about these two, and granted... I love that match as well, but this, in my opinion, is light years ahead of that match. This match was exciting as hell, everything happened for a reason, it was in front of a very ECW favored crowd who loved every second of it, the build-up to it was great, and it was just an all-around fantastic contest. Definitely worthy of the main event spot.

- Just missed out: WWF Championship

The one match I wanted to put on here more than any other was Shawn Michaels (ch) vs. Diesel in a "No Holds Barred" match for the WWF championship match at In Your House VII, but it just didn't work out when I put this show together.

- Just missed out: Miscellaneous

The "Hell in a cell" match between Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker from In Your House XVIII: Badd Blood is one of my favorite matches of all time, but it's a bit too long, gimmicky, and HBK was better suited for the Jarrett match on this kind of card.

The Hart Foundation (British Bulldog, Bret "Hit Man" Hart, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart & Brian Pillman) vs. Austin's team (Goldust, Ken Shamrock, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Legion of Doom) from In Your House XVI: Canadian Stampede was another match I badly wanted to put on the show, but it just uses up too many guys.

I also had The 123 Kid & Sycho Sid vs. Razor Ramon and Marty Jannetty on here, but then I realized it wasn't for the Titles and it had to be for it to fit here.

TheOneBigWill's 'Ultimate' In Your House Card:

1. Intercontinental Best 2 outta 3 Championship: The Rock (c) v. Triple H.: (30:04)

Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad to have an opening card match go for over 15 minutes. Depending on who's facing who, you could ruin the whole overall feel of the p.p.v. because the opening match went too long.

However, if you factor in how over this feud was, and how amazing these two worked with their factions (D-X & the Nation) then you really have a great opening round match, for a Championship that back then meant something. This is a gimmick match, Best two outta three in which the finish came with Triple H. ALMOST winning, but time expired and it ends in a draw.

To be honest, this match as an opening card match would drain me instantly, and piss me off because it didn't have a proper finish.. but at the same time, remembering this match, it fired me up at the same time because of how great this feud was.

2. 6 Man Tag Team Match: The Brood v. J.O.B. Squad: (9:08)

While I would've rather added the Owen Hart against Edge match, out of most any Edge match within this time frame.. the fact is, this feud made Al Snow worth having around that much longer, and it refreshed the career of Bob Holly.

Gangrel's gimmick was very edgy before it got stale and out of place. The Brood was a great mini-faction, and ultimately got misplaced and kinda tossed aside after they joined the Ministry. All in all, this is a nice secondary match to place on a card. It builds up the excitement of the "still to come" Tag main event.

3. Triple Threat: Savio Vega v. Faarooq v. Crush: (11:39)

Originally I wanted to add the Ahmed Johnson against the Nation of Domination, in a Gauntlet type match.. even though it was actually "built" as Ahmed v. the Nation, without any "gimmick" but I didn't know if I could or couldn't use it.. so I went with the best alternative.

This was the only match-up these three really had to cap off their rivalries. Back during this time the faction wars were off the charts, amazing. While I can't say any of these three are really great overall performers.. the fact is, (minus Ron Simmons) they really made a nice career capper off this feud. I think it'd add more fuel to my stacked and very heated p.p.v. line-up.

4. Tag Team Championships: The Smoking Gunns (c) v. Razor Ramon & 1-2-3 Kid: (12:46)

Sadly, short of me wanting to have the Godwinns against the Body Donnas, or the Headbangers.. this was the only alternative. While it isn't a bad alternative, and I was a fan of both Tag Teams.. I would've much rather used Razor Ramon against the Kid, or even Ramon & Jannetty against Sid & the Kid.

At any rate, someone else pretty much summed this up. This was the starting point to the 1-2-3 Kid's turning point. He was very fed up with losing this match, and if memory serves he tried attacking the Gunn's after the match, or he tried doing something that made him look like he was losing his temper. Again, I love Ramon and the Kid, whether it's as a team, or as rivals.

5. 10 Man Tag Team contest: The Hart Foundation v. Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust & L.O.D.: (24:31)

The only reason this isn't the Main Event, or the match before the Main Event, is because my p.p.v. is being built as a Double Main Event show.. and most of the time, you'll always want a "cooling down" match between the two big ones. The other reason why this isn't the finish, is because the gimmick match, as well as the longer match, is what I feel should always be last.

I, like many others, really considered NOT having this match because of the amount of talent it took up and pulled away from making a more impactful show overall. However, the fact is I wanted to go against everyone else, so I figured I'd take the test noone else wanted to try.

I have to admit, I'm really not as big a fan of this match as I am the breakdown of Bret Hart against the Bulldog, or Owen Hart and the Bulldog as a team. However, the one thing I give this match alone, is that it's the single greatest Tag contest involving one 5 man team.. ever. The Hart Foundation was amazingly well done, and no other 5 man team could ever compare.

6. N.W.A. Championship: Jeff Jarrett (c) v. Bradshaw: (8:59)

History. That's about the only reason this is both ON my card, and the semi-in between Main Event. It's for the Championship and it's on a W.W.F. p.p.v. While I didn't think Jarrett's gimmick back then was anything great, and Bradshaw's match with him was utter trash, this is more of a "cooling down" match on my show.

7. Hell in a Cell: Shawn Michaels v. the Undertaker: (29:59)

My Main Event is the Hell in a Cell, and to add onto that, it was the very first. This also has the nice ending with Kane debuting, so all in all I like the way my show would end.

As far as this match, while I wouldn't say it's the best HIAC (especially anymore) I would say it still ranks very high, because at that time, noone really knew the limits of what they could do.

Overall Thoughts: Rounding roughly each match up, they'd come to around 2 hours and 15 minutes, which add in the promos, entrances and all that jazz for the 2 "Main Events" and you have a nicely put together, right under 3 hour In Your House.

All in all, I'm pleased with the card I've built, but because of the restrains and rules I had to follow, I'll admit I don't feel 100% sure of my card in being the best it could be. Again, the 10 man tag team contest truly took out a lot of great options, including..

Bret Hart v. British Bulldog. Bulldog/Yokozuna v. HBK/Diesel. (argubly one of my all time favorite matches to have never seen) and several others, all including any combination of Bret or Owen Hart, and/or the Bulldog.

I could've cared less for any other Steve Austin match, minus one with Dude Love, his rematch against Bret that still ended in DQ, or even his match against the Undertaker, that really broke him into letting everyone know he could hang with more than one Main Eventer.

If you look, I don't have an actual World Heavyweight Championship match on my card, and that's because if I were building it, my Champion would be involved in one of the two Main Events. Obviously during those matches, neither match involved a World Champion though.. and my left alternative would've been Diesel v. Sid. That's about it as well. So, in closing this is what I came up with. If King of the Ring is next, I think that's going to be quite possibly the toughest one to come up with.

1. Jesse James V Rockabilly: In Your House: Revenge of the Taker 4/20/1997

If I remember this feud correctly it was the begining of the New Age Outlaws. Honky Tonk Man came back to find out the wrestler who he should manage and become similer to. Jesse James(Road Dogg) and Rockabilly (Billy Gunn) were the final 2 and Honky chose Rockabilly. However after Jesse won the feud Honky fell out with Rockabilly and Jesse teamed with Rockabilly and the New Age Outlaws were formed.

2. WWF Tag Team Championship: (In Your House: Bad Blood)
The Headbangers vs. The Godwins
Needed a tag title match and the Headbangers were a unique tag team who I was a huge fan of.

3. St. Valentine's Day Massacre: 2/14/1999
Hardcore Title: Bob Holly V Al Snow
The Hardcore title was good at this time and this match was good as it also began the end of the JOB Squad.

4. Judgment Day 10/18/1998
Light Heavyweight Title: Christian V Taka Michinoku
Christians first match, was a good contest but the debuting got the victory.

5. World Title: Sycho Sid V Deisel (In Your House 1)
Both big guys but I actually liked both and felt they workd quite well together in this matches. Styles suited each other

6. Los Boricuas vs. DOA: (In Your House: Bad Blood)
I enjoyed this feud. These two stables going at it although the matches with the Nation in them as well were better

7. Main Event: 10 Man Tag Team Match: (In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede)
Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, British Bulldog & Brian Pillman V Stone Cold Steve Austin, Goldust, Legion of Doom & Ken Shamrock.

Great match. Had to put it in. Rest of the card suffers a little bit but I just wanted to build the card around this match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back