• Light Heavyweight: Steve Cantwell vs. Brian Stann
  • Welterweight bout: Chris Wilson vs. Mike Pyle
  • Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Jay Silva
  • Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Phillipe Nover
  • Lightweight bout: Jeremy Stephens vs. Justin Buchholz
  • Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs. Mike Pierce
  • Middleweight bout: Ryan Jensen vs. Steve Steinbeiss

.......................................................​

Take my word for it folks, this is a GREAT fucking free show. Check it out this Wednesday on Spike TV @ 8 PM American Eastern Time. You will not regret it! Also, following it right after is the premiere of the new season of the Ultimate Fighter, where none other than Kimbo Slice will be a competitor in the house, and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans will be the coaches. That is something you do not want to miss out on, either. I'll be starting a thread on that later on this week. In the meantime, let's focus on Ultimate Fight Night 19!

Now, if you know me, then you know I get pumped up for ANY fight that involves either Diaz brother, and this is definitely no exception. Nate Diaz has been asking the UFC for a fight against someone who'll stand-up with him, and boy did they grant him his wish with a fighter like Melvin Guillard as his opponent! I'm a big fan of Guillard's (he's from my hometown), and I'm glad to see he's been doing so well recently, but of course... I'll be rooting for Diaz in this one. And I do think Diaz will take it. I think he'll pick Guillard apart on the feet, and then take him down and tap his ass out. In fact, I picture it being VERY similar to Nate's brother, Nick Diaz, fight against Scott Smith.

Gray Maynard vs. Roger Huerta is going to be EPIC! People can talk shit about Huerta all they'd like to, but the fact remains.... he's one of the most exciting fighters in the entire sport, and he always shows up to put on a great fight. And since he has an opponent like Gray Maynard, then I expect this to be no different. Maynard has proven himself to be a tremendous fighter in his last 5 or so fights, but I still have to go with Huerta here. As I've said in the Lightweight Rankings thread, I truly believe Kenny Florian is the 2nd best Lightweight in the World, so Huerta getting dominated by him didn't make me lose an ounce of respect for him as a fighter. I think he's extremely talented and too well rounded for someone like Gray Maynard to handle. However, I still fully expect Maynard to put up one hell of a fight.

I don't have much to say about the Carlos Condit/Jake Ellenberger fight other than I see Condit kicking this no-name's ass and rebounding from his previous loss and start establishing himself as a true threat in the UFC Welterweight Division.

Nate Quarry vs. Tim Credeur should be a great, great opener. Credeur is tremendous on the ground, but I don't see how he gets the fight there. Quarry is a lot bigger and stronger, and a much better wrestler, so I see him keeping it on the feet and eventually knocking Credeur's ass out. If not, then he'll win by decision. But Credeur has yet to show if he has any stand-up or not, and he doesn't look to have the power to knock someone like Nate Quarry out. So, yeah... I have Quarry winning this one decisively, but I'm still looking forward to it.

So everybody.... great 4 fights for free, and maybe even more if some of these end quickly. Make sure you tune in; it is well worth your time.

I'm definetly looking forward to checking this out.

The main event seems like the most exciting match to me. I've seen the Diaz brothers fight a few times, and both of them are great fighters. I've also seen a Guillard fight, I'm pretty sure he lost, but he did have some moments during the fight.

I'm a big fan of Gray Maynard. Not sure why, but there is just something about him that is very likeable. I think that he is a pretty underrated fighter and that he'll pull of the upset (if it is an upset) against Huerta.

Don't know much about the other two fights so they don't interest me as much, but Querry is pretty decent.

Looking forward to watching this followed by TUF on Wednesday, should be a great night.

I have to agree that this card looks FUCKING AWESOME!!!!! Especially for free tv. I am not big on either Diaz brothers. I think they complain to much when they lose and gloat to much when they win, but I dont think Guillard has what it takes to beat Nate. Diaz will sub Guillard by the end of the 1st or begining of the 2nd. Huerta and Maynard is the fight I am looking the most foreward to. Its been so long since Huerta has fought that im sure he has some sort of ring rust but I see him winning this one. He will either tko Maynard or itll go to decision for Huerta. Condit will smash the jobber he fights and Quarry should KO Credeur with relative ease. On a side note when will Brock Larson finally been given some competition? They keep throwing shit fighters at him and I personally feel like he should be at the top of the division fighting stronger opponents. I guess ill have to wait for his next fight.

Definitely more pumped up for TUF, but do like the card as well!! Wasnt to happy with Nate's last performance, seems everytime he gets a credible opp. he loses, hopefully he steps it up a notch!! Maynard Huerta fight can go either way, have to say Maynard has a little edge on him since Huerta hasnt fought in a while but like everyone gonna say fight of the night with this 1, the other 2 fights whatever None of the guys should be getting title shots or close to it so hopefully get some good ko's lol!!!

This should definitely be a great event. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night. Granted, alot of that has to do with the premiere of TUF, but this event looks damn good as well. Like JMT I'm pumped up to see Nate and Guillard go at it.

Maynard vs. Huerta will likely be the match of the card though. That's going to be one damn good fight.

I'm more looking forward to seeing Kimbo Slice revealed as the chump he is though.

GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT FUCKING SHOW!!!!!

Nate Quarry vs. Tim Credeur... Wow, what a TREMENDOUS fight! It's definitely a Fight of the Year candidate in my book. Credeur showed some real heart in this one, and displayed some incredible stand-up that I had no idea he had in him. But Quarry, man, he has just as much heart as Credeur and was able to withstand the punishment, and dish out a good bit of his own. Under Japanese rules, Credeur clearly won this fight as Quarry was a fucking mess afterwards, but under the American judging system, it was obvious Quarry took this one. Dropping Credeur in the 2nd and 3rd with those bombs, and working some beautiful Ground 'N Pound was more than enough for him to take this fight 29-28 (Credeur clearly won the 1st Round). But Credeur is no loser in my book. Most guys would've been knocked out taken those shots from Quarry, but Credeur not only took them, but continued to put on an amazing performance. What a fucking fight. If you missed it, please, please, please check it out.

Carlos Condit vs. Jake Ellenberger was another great fight! This Ellenberger guy is something else! He brought his A-game tonight and put up one hell of a fight. I never, ever expected that. He rocked Condit and clearly won the 1st round. I was fucking shocked! But Condit showed the heart of a champion and continued to push forward and took the 2nd and 3rd Rounds in the judge's eyes. But it was back and forth the ENTIRE fight. They were equally skilled in every aspect, and it lead up to being just another fun, entertaining fight to watch. I very much look forward to seeing more of these two in the very near future.

Gray Maynard vs. Roger Huerta was a good fight, but nowhere near as good as the two previous fights and kind of a disappointment, to be honest. Roger Huerta just isn't what he use to be. He doesn't have that explosiveness, and his heart doesn't seem to be into fighting. Seriously, if the Huerta of two/three years ago fought tonight, he would've destroyed Maynard. But instead, Huerta lost a split decision. Shame, because Maynard gave him every chance to take this fight, but Huerta just wouldn't explode on him. Maynard kept the fight standing the whole time, instead utilizing his takedowns like he should have, and Huerta just never took advantage of it. I'm very disappointed. What a fight career gone to waste....

And of course the main event was awesome. Fucking Nate Diaz got caught in the first 2 seconds and scared the shit out of me, but once he found his range.... it was over. He started picking apart Melvin Guillard just as I predicted, and Guillard got sort of winded and decided to take the fight to the ground. Big mistake. He got caught in Diaz's beautiful Guillotine and it was either tap or go to sleep. Guillard decided to tap and Diaz goes back to his winning ways. But great effort by Melvin Guillard. I really hope Dana brings him back, and of course... I cannot wait to see what it up next for Nate Diaz.

All in all, fantastic show. If you missed it, PM me and I'll link you to the fights so you can watch them. They're all worth checking out, trust me.

but once he found his range.... it was over.
Found his range? He did not find his range at all in that fight. Melvin was dodging everything Nate threw at him with some Anderson style head movement.
He started picking apart Melvin Guillard just as I predicted
Picked apart? Man what were you watching? Melvin dominated Nate on the stand up. You can even see that by looking at the differences on their face. Melvin was unscratched while Nate was a bloody mess in the first round.
and Guillard got sort of winded and decided to take the fight to the ground.
Um no, he was playing possum. He didn't look winded at all, just trying to catch Nate off guard. Melvin obviously got over confident since the fight was going so well for him, and payed for it by getting submitted. Stupid stupid move on his part going for a takedown.

Found his range? He did not find his range at all in that fight. Melvin was dodging everything Nate threw at him with some Anderson style head movement.

Picked apart? Man what were you watching? Melvin dominated Nate on the stand up. You can even see that by looking at the differences on their face. Melvin was unscratched while Nate was a bloody mess in the first round.

Um no, he was playing possum. He didn't look winded at all, just trying to catch Nate off guard. Melvin obviously got over confident since the fight was going so well for him, and payed for it by getting submitted. Stupid stupid move on his part going for a takedown.

Marquis, did you not see the 2nd Round? Guillard didn't land ONE punch, and Nate landed about 10/15 of them before it ended. Yeah, I would say that's finding his range and picking Guillard apart. As Florian mentioned during the fight, Nate gets off to a slow start, but then he finds his range and starts taking over. He did that tonight. Sure, he got his ass kicked in the 1st Round; I'll admit that, but in the 2nd his head movement improved, he wasn't getting hit, and landed some good punches. If that wasn't the case, then Guillard wouldn't have started going for the takedown, but he was winded and wasn't landing anything, so he had no other choice than to try something else. When you throw them bombs and completely miss repeatedly, it's going to wear you out very quickly; I don't give a fuck who it is in there.

And I know Guillard played possum that one series, but still... he was breathing heavy and was missing all his punches. He was winded.

Marquis, did you not see the 2nd Round? Guillard didn't land ONE punch, and Nate landed about 10/15 of them before it ended. Yeah, I would say that's finding his range and picking Guillard apart. As Florian mentioned during the fight, Nate gets off to a slow start, but then he finds his range and starts taking over. He did that tonight. Sure, he got his ass kicked in the 1st Round; I'll admit that, but in the 2nd his head movement improved, he wasn't getting hit, and landed some good punches. If that wasn't the case, then Guillard wouldn't have started going for the takedown, but he was winded and wasn't landing anything, so he had no other choice than to try something else. When you throw them bombs and completely miss repeatedly, it's going to wear you out very quickly; I don't give a fuck who it is in there.

And I know Guillard played possum that one series, but still... he was breathing heavy and was missing all his punches. He was winded.
Guillard went for a takedown cause he's a idiot, plain and simple. He probably thought since he got Diaz down twice he could again. Guilard just got too over confident. Guilard should have been no where near the ground with Diaz. Even if Guilard was getting winded, at least he stood a punchers chance on the feet, on the ground he stood no chance.

As for this picking apart. I still don't know what you were watching. I just rewatched the fight and Nate landed a total of 4-5 face shots? Two of them which look like Guillard took on purpose to set up his stupid possum attempt. Aside from that he landed some minor body shots and knees when he clinched him was all, which I wouldn't count as finding your range or picking apart. Guilard on the other hand caught him with a leg kick that made Nate bend, caught him with a nice one two combination, and actually took Nate down again. I consider picking apart causing damage over time to eventually break your opponent. Melvin looked perfectly fine physically, and even went for a stupid possum since he was that over confident in how well the fight was going.

I was stoked about the Credeur/Quarry fight. I knew it would be good but hot damn I didn't expect it to be that good. Deffinently a FOTY candidate right there. Happy Quarry won in the end cause I like his style and he just looks like a bad dude. The Condit fight shocked the hell out of me but it also bored me to be honest. Jake did a great job and has a future in the UFC. As for Condit, I think he needs to start finishing some dudes and getting back to the old Natural Born Killer mode. Huerta/Maynard was a good fight but I didnt really get into it. Maynard beat Huertas ass the whole fight in my opinion. Huerta needs to sort his shit out before his next fight. And then there was DIaz/Guillard. I got to be honest I dont like either men but I was hoping for GUillard to knock Diaz's head off and the fucker almost did it to lol. But I got to give credit where credit is due. Diaz stayed tough and caught Guillard in the end. Also my respect for Diaz went up a little bit at the end of the fight since he didnt act like a pompous ass, he actualy shook hands with Melvin. Good night of fights and on a side note. Brock fuckin Larson........I keep pulling for this guy to get a step up in competition and then he goes and gets beat by decision by some dude ive never heard of on the prelims......very dissapointing.

Just finished watching this off the DVR, GREAT fucking show.

The opening bout between Quarry and Credeur was absolutely fantastic, and has to be one of the best bouts I've ever seen on free television. Total war between those two, and the classy way they finished it up, it was just a classic. My only complaint is that it couldn't have gone to five rounds instead of three!

After that first fight, I thought "well that right there will be the fight of the night", but it looks like Carlos Condit vs. Jake Ellenberger wanted to have their say on that one! Another fantastic fight, Ellenberger really impressed me, and I was a bit bummed he couldn't pick up the win, but this another great bout. Not as good as the first, but still highly entertaining and highly recommended. Anyone else as impressed by Ellenberger as I was?

Like JMT I was disappointed by Huerta vs. Maynard. Huerta seemed almost lost at times, like he didn't even want to be there. Odd that I was expecting this to be the best fight of the night, and it was probably the worst. That said it was still a good fight, which only speaks volumes of how good of a card this was, that this bout was the WORST of the night haha.

Nate Diaz vs. Melvin Guillard was another very good fight, and I was shocked at how much Guillard dominated Diaz in that first round. Nate looked lost, and Melvin just had this big grin on his face like "Is this all you've got for me?", landed some good shots in that round. Unfortunately he ended up taking the fight to the ground eventually, and that's a big-time mistake against someone who's as accomplished of a submission expert as Diaz is. I was disappointed that Guillard lost, but the fight was very good. Nate is kind of starting to get under my skin honestly though, he talks a little bit too much shit for my taste.

Fight of the night definitely goes to Nate Quarry vs. Tim Credeur though, that was about as entertaining as a fight gets. Great show all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back