• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UK fans missing the end of 3 Hour Raw episodes

The Pizzaman

I tell it how I see it and thats it
At the Slammy awards on Raw last week which was live on Sky sports I stayed up till 4 in the morning to watch what was to be a really good show. Then right at the end my Sky + box suddenly said end of programme just as John Cena was walking down to the ring for his match with Otunga. Now this has happened before on other Live Raw episodes and im wondering why. Sky sports should continue running till the end of the event so the fans do not miss the main events. If it was a live football match then they would continue broadcasting till the final outcome so why do they cut off before the end of a Live Raw? On the Repeat showing they have the ending but i dont want to have to stay up all night to watch it live to then have to watch the repeat which has the ending a few days later!!! I want to watch it as it happens. Its not the fault of WWE but its so annoying. Are there any others who object to staying up half the night and for the end to be cut?

yeah this happened with me 2 im from ireland and i always leave my sky+ box on and record it while im sleeping and its fine but with the 3 hour raws they miss the endings its weird and i thought it was just bad luck 4 me but it must be sky sports

At the Slammy awards on Raw last week which was live on Sky sports I stayed up till 4 in the morning to watch what was to be a really good show. Then right at the end my Sky + box suddenly said end of programme just as John Cena was walking down to the ring for his match with Otunga. Now this has happened before on other Live Raw episodes and im wondering why. Sky sports should continue running till the end of the event so the fans do not miss the main events. If it was a live football match then they would continue broadcasting till the final outcome so why do they cut off before the end of a Live Raw? On the Repeat showing they have the ending but i dont want to have to stay up all night to watch it live to then have to watch the repeat which has the ending a few days later!!! I want to watch it as it happens. Its not the fault of WWE but its so annoying. Are there any others who object to staying up half the night and for the end to be cut?

So you rcorded it and never watched it live? Your sky+ only does that when you have recorded a programme, never live.

i have Raw on series link and it has never missed the end of raw? I don't know what's wrong with your box but mine records 15 minutes over the top every single week.

i think that there are settings you can chose in your sky+ box so that it records past the end of the program.

So you rcorded it and never watched it live? Your sky+ only does that when you have recorded a programme, never live.

I understand that but the reason I record it as well is the pure fact of the amount of ad breaks that are in one episode of all WWE programming on Sky. You cant get more than 7 or 8 minutes into it before it goes to commercial break!!! . As it is recording I can wait 10 or so minutes to start watching and fast forward through the breaks till I catch up or watch it completely the next day. if you took the ad breaks out or even reduced the amount of them then this problem would not arise in the first place!!!! The point I'm trying to make is that sky should be able to include a signal in the programme to let the box know that the event has not yet finished and to continue recording till it has finished and not just that the end time has been reached and just stop. sometimes things happen and programmes are delayed or extended so it throws the planner into disarray so there should be something in place to correct it. Its not the fault of WWE but its something that needs to be addressed as there are lots of people who cant stay up and watch it as it happens. the main reason I got sky in the first place was to watch wrestling and its not the biggest problem for sky to sort out. The reason I posted in the first place was to gage how many others out there have had enough of missing the end of an event.

It has happeneed in other live events ive recorded like basketball and nfl, guess it must just be live programmes.

better than me, I'm in KS and our crappy cable service all the digitizing went beserk and we were only able to watch the first 3 minutes of RAW, enough to see the first nominee in the SHOCKER OF THE YEAR category, then everything was back to normal in time for the final 5 minutes of RAW...to see Superstar of the Year winner and the Otunga v Cena match. :banghead: I was so fricking PO'ed!! I hate Cox Cable!! I only had access to Food Network and Intervention...shows about junkies and overeaters...what a way to kill my Monday night. Then Tuesday night, ONLY USA was on the fritz... my cable sux.

I watched the Slammys live, I live in the UK, and it showed the whole of the show. When I use Sky+ I have Raw on Series Link and it always records the entire show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back