• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on Fuel TV: Sanchez vs. Ellenberger

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
UFC-on-Fuel-tv-Sanchez-vs-Ellenberger-poster.jpg
Main Card
  • Welterweight Bout: Diego Sanchez vs. Jake Ellenberger
  • Heavyweight Bout: Stefan Struve vs. Dave Herman
  • Middleweight Bout: Aaron Simpson vs. Ronny Markes
  • Heavyweight Bout: Stipe Miocic vs. Philip De Fries
  • Bantamweight Bout: T.J. Dillashaw vs. Walel Watson
  • Bantamweight Bout: Ivan Menjivar vs. John Albert

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
  • Featherweight Bout: Jonathan Brookins vs. Vagner Rocha
  • Middleweight Bout: Buddy Roberts vs. Sean Loeffler
  • Lightweight Bout: Anton Kuivanen vs. Justin Salas
  • Lightweight Bout: Tim Means vs. Bernardo Maghales

Big Welterweight tilt tonight on the first UFC card on Fuel. Ellenberger and Sanchez are pretty entertaining fighters, so this should be a good one. Both have good striking and great wrestling skills. Diego probably has the better ground skills, so he should look to take this one down and work for a submission, because I believe Ellenberger will beat him on the feet. I really do think this should be a decent fight and will put the winner 1 or 2 wins away from a title shot.

Struve vs. Herman is guaranteed to be a fun fight. This is essentially a freak show fight. Struve is never in a boring fight, and Herman is a solid prospect out of my home town, though he prides himself as a wrestler his wrestling is shit, always has been. Struve is good from all areas but as long as he doesn't get KO'd by PeeWee's power he should be able to pick up some sort of a submission win. This one could go either way, but I am leaning towards Struve.

Simpson is being put in front of Markes as a stepping stone, though I don't know if it will work out that way. Simpson is a very good wrestler and wins fights. Markes has his work cut out for him. Simpson by decision.

I don't know much about the rest of the main card but any guy named Stipe Miocic has my support. Hopefully the rest of the main card is just entertaining.

And the undercard will feature Jonathan Brookins trying to rebound against Vagner Rocha, which will be no easy task. I always enjoy Brookins, he's just a cool guy, but I think Rocha will walk away with the win.

As always absolutely NO ASKING FOR STREAMS. I know Fuel isn't a channel that everyone has, but at least be smart and not ask for one in the open.

That Ivan/Albert fight was MMA at its absolute best. That is what this sport is supposed to be all about. Major props to both men.

Werdum would kill Struve, don't kid yourself. The guy simply cannot use his reach, it's mind boggling.

I'm here now guys, missed every fight prior to the main event, but i'm here.

God, Diego went from such an upbeat guy to such a fucking Debbie Downer. It's sad to listen to him lately.

Yeah, I agree it would be a fun fight, but I also think it would be a waste of time for Werdum. He's a top 5 HW and needs to face somewhat in the top 10 as well.

I really have little interest in this fight. I don't like either guy.

Great main event. I knew Ellenberger pulled it out, as he looked great in the first two rounds. That slip in the third almost costed though. I don't think Ellenberger can beat Condit though, maybe someone up there like Fitch. Ellenberger is really young; hopefully he gets a shot eventually though. Wonder what's next for Sanchez though. He really hasn't looked the same since the loss to Penn, but the third round he had this fight was good. Wow, I can't stand the "moment of the fight" it's so pointless.

In a five roud fight, Diego finishes him. Ellenerger has a lot of work to do if he's going to be fighting for the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back