• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on Fuel TV: Gustafsson vs. Silva

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
Main Card
  • Light Heavyweight Bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Thiago Silva
  • Middleweight Bout: Brian Stann vs. Alessio Sakara
  • Welterweight Bout: Paulo Thiago vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
  • Featherweight Bout: Denis Siver vs. Diego Nunes
  • Welterweight Bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. John Maguire
  • Bantamweight Bout: Brad Pickett vs. Damacio Page
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
  • Welterweight Bout: Papy Abedi vs. James Head
  • Light Heavyweight Bout: Cyrille Diabate vs. Tom DeBlass
  • Middleweight Bout: Francis Carmont vs. Magnus Cedenblad
  • Lightweight Bout: Reza Madadi vs. Yoislandy Izquierdo
  • Welterweight Bout: Simeon Thoresen vs. Besam Yousef
  • Featherweight Bout: Jason Young vs. Eric Wisley

Damn time change, forgot this thing was going live earlier then usual. However, I will get this up before the Main Card goes down and the main show should be solid.

Alexander the Great will hopefully destroy that cheating cunt Thiago Silva. Both are very good strikers, but I believe the ship has begun to sail on Silva's hype train. He shouldn't be overlooked though, he is very dangerous. Both can fight from all areas. It should be a fun one.

Stann is looking to showcase his striking against Sakara today. Sakara has been around for awhile, but the UFC, and Stann himself are definitely looking to try to rebuild the Brian Stann hype train right here in this fight. Stann has heavy hands and that will be the key.

Paulo Thiago should have a showcase tonight. We'll see if that goes according to plan.

Siver vs. Nunes should be a really fun fight. Both guys have great gas tanks and are fun to watch. This could easily be the fight of the night.

DaMarques Johnson, who cares? I honestly hope he either picks up another body figure four submission or gets knocked the fuck out.

Pickett vs. Page is another fight that could be a ton of fun. Page is looking to get on a roll this year and get in line for a title shot. Pickett loves throwing people off course. Good stuff.

Papy Abedi has the best name in the UFC, but had a lackluster debut. Hopefully he rebounds. Diabate vs. DeBlass is happening while I write this. I don't care who wins.

UFC on Fuel:Gustaffson vs Silva, a card I thought was going to be decent actually turned out to be a pretty fun card. Reza Madadi had a great showing against Izquierdo, although his opponent was getting the better of him on the feet he powered through to get the takedowns and score the submission, very cool fight and glad to see him finally get his shot in the UFC and take advantage of it.

Carmont got a tough win, he wasnt as good as I thought he would be in this fight, not to take anything away from Magnus Cedenblad who fought his heart out but I think Carmont would have destroyed him 9 times out of 10 and he didnt come in 100 percent mentally.

Right when I thought Papy Abedi had an opponent he could handle, he gets knocked out by James Head. Oh well, entertaining scrap and happy for Head.

Pickett and Page was a war just as it was expected to be, I've really grown to like Pickett and his style. Hopefully that win put him back in the mix.

I'm done trying to be a fan of Demarques, the guy is so flakey that its not fun to be a fan. The guy is pretty talented and he can only improve with a guy like Jeremy Horn in his corner but he just keeps getting knocked off by less talented guys, too bad.

Siver vs Nunes was decent, not as good as it could have been but I was glad to see Siver get the win. Nunes really has to step it up or he's gonna be on the chopping block.

Paulo got destroyed....that sucks but what doesnt is the exciting new prospect we have in Siyar, he looked great and I'd love to see what he could do against someone like Kampmann.

My boy Brian really got back on track with that awesome win, and some great publicity for stopping the fight himself when he saw that Sakara was out. One of the many reasons I love the guy, glad to see his Muay Thai is improving too.

Gustaffson is beginning to prove that he belongs in the 205 elite, he dominated Silva the whole fight. Personally I wish he'd been a little more agressive but he put on a show and his hometown crowd loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back