• Flyweight Bout: John Dodson vs. Tim Elliott
  • Welterweight Bout: John Hathaway vs. Pascal Krauss
  • Flyweight Bout: Louis Gaudinot vs. John Lineker
  • Bantamweight Bout: Roland Delorme vs. Nick Denis
  • Lightweight Bout: Danny Castillo vs. John Cholish
  • Featherweight Bout: Dennis Bermudez vs. Pablo Garza
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
  • Middleweight Bout: Mike Massenzio vs. Karlos Vemola

Despite there not being huge names on this card, this is still the type of card the UFC should be putting on Fox. All four fights are guaranteed to be exciting affairs, and I'm really looking forward to it.

The main event pits two of my favorite fighters against each other in what should be an entertaining five round scrap to determine the #1 contender to the Lightweight Title. Nate Diaz and Jim Miller are two guys who are always out to bring it, put on exciting fights, and look for the finish. Since returning to Lightweight, Nate Diaz has looked unstoppable, running through Takanori Gomi and Donald Cerrone. He's entering his prime and putting it all together at the same time in his career that his brother Nick did. He has the standup and the BJJ credentials to take this fight.

However, Nate struggles against wrestlers. Jim Miller is a grinder and very effective from top position, and I think that is going to be the difference for him in this fight. I just see more ways for Miller to win this fight. He has an excellent chin, outstanding submission defense, and I can see him imposing his will from top position and frustrating Nate Diaz en route to a decision victory. I just see more ways for Miller to win this fight.

The co-main event pits Johny Hendricks, fresh off his 8 second destruction of Jon Fitch, against Josh Koscheck, out to avenge his friend's loss. Both guys are extremely similar fighters, with excellent wrestling and explosive KO power. I see Hendricks' rise continuing here. Koscheck should have lost to Mike Pierce, and I could see Hendricks managing to clinch Koscheck and throw bombs from the inside.

Pat Barry vs. Lavar Johnson is going to be one hell of an entertaining fight. Both guys are going to look for the finish in the first, and considering that Barry tends to choke whenever he's on a big stage, I have Johnson taking this.

Finally, Rousimar Palhares vs. Alan Belcher features two guys looking to break into the top 10. A lot of people are going to go with the obvious prediction of Palhares by Heel Hook, but Palhares really only pulls that off against complete cans for the most part. If he's fighting a decent fighter, like Dan Miller, he'll wind up going to decision. Belcher isn't a can, he's actually extremely underrated and was on a roll prior to his eye injury. This is going to be a gritty three round affair, but Palhares is still improving his striking and his ground control from the top. I definitely think Palhares is better than Belcher, and I think he's a future Middleweight Champion. Palhares by Decision.

Definitely looking forward to the top two fights on this card for the obvious reasons, but looking at the prelim card, I'm stoked to see John Dodson is finally gonna have another fight. I loved watching him on TUF and definitely see him winning the flyweight title within the next two years (only reason I don't say the next year is because the division doesn't seem to be doing a very good job of getting off the ground so it might be a while). The kid has champion written all over him though IMO

of the main card bouts IMO, Kos-Hendricks has the most potential to be boring, as both are wrestlers, one could get the edge and just win on top control ... which wouldn't make for an exciting affair

or their wrestling completely cancels out and they're forced to fight standing up.

you never know with MMA, so I'd hold off on guaranteeing excitement from all 4 fights, because combat sports are unpredictable.

but I will say, the four main card fights are matched up very well and for an event on Free TV, that's all you can ask for they just have to deliver.

I didn't get a chance to watch Hendricks/Koscheck yet, but I caught the other three main card fights and a few of the prelims... really good night of fights for the most part.

Nate Diaz is putting it all together. Jim Miller is undoubtedly an elite lightweight, and Nate absolutely destroyed him. I wasn't sold on his return to lightweight as he had only beaten a completely shot Takanori Gomi and Donald Cerrone, who tends to choke in big fights and was in his 6th fight in a 12 month span. Going into Miller's backyard and laying a beating on him, being the first to finish him at that, is extremely impressive and he has definitely earned his title shot. Just a great showing on the feet and on the ground by Nate.

That being said, I'm not sure if I like his chances against Ben Henderson. Bendo has the style to neutralize Nate, but then again, a lot of people thought that Miller had the style to neutralize him.

On a side note, I want to see Henderson vs. Diaz now. It's ridiculous Frankie is getting another shot when he was thoroughly handled by Ben.

Oh, Rousimar, you've done it again :(. Alan Belcher looked great again, and he's definitely a contender at 185. I'd say perhaps Rousimar would learn from his loss but he's a goddamn birdbrain so probably not. He'll heel hook another couple of cans and lose to another top fighter. That's his career trajectory at this point of time, but hopefully we'll have some more laughs along the way.

I think it's time to pull the plug on Pat Barry. He's really not that good and seems like he's regressing. Big props to Lavar Johnson. Came to the UFC with no fanfare at all and is 2-0. Of course, as soon as he fights a guy with any semblance of a ground game, he's pretty boned considering that Pat Barry styled on him.

very great card, surpassed my expectations

had to DVR it since I went to the theaters to catch Mayweather-Cotto

I tend to agree on Barry and Rousimar (who gets a surprising amount of nut huggery on s-dog)

**great win for Belcher though and I'd figure he'd have to be pretty close to a title eliminator of some sort

Dont give a crap about Vemola-Massenzio or Denis-Delrome, but the rest of the preliminary card was pretty entertaining. Danny Castillo bored the shit out of us for 3 rounds, I'm tired of watching him with his snoozefest wrestling, hope he gets knocked out soon.

Dennis Bermudez tossed Pablo Garza around like a ragdoll for 3 rounds, that was pretty entertaining. I'm glad to see Bermudez back on track after losing to Brandao at the TUF finale, cant wait to see him again.

John Lineker vs Louis Gaudinot was a killer fight, I'm not a huge fan of Gaudinot but he does seem to keep ending up in killer brawls. Lineker's boxing was the highlight of this fight for me, the combos he was throwing and landing were beautiful. I love the flyweight division, and these two showed why it's going to be one of the most exciting.

I dont remember a time I was more dissappointed in a fighter, Pascal Krauss came into this fight 10-0 and coming off a fight of the night win at UFC 122. But in his fight against John Hathaway here he looked like absolute shit and not only got picked apart the entire fight but barely put up any offense. Good win for John Hathaway, Krauss better step it up big time.

John Dodson vs Tim Elliot was one of the most entertaining fights ive seen in a long time, I didnt expect Elliot to survive more than a round with John Dodson but he ended up going 3 rounds and in my opinion should have won the fight. What made the fight aside from the speed and athleticism of both men was the wild unorthodox style of Elliot with all kinds of kicks and spinning moves, his cartwheel kick into a punch was awesome. Dodson got the win but he wasnt the star of the fight, hope Elliot gets another good fight next.

Goddamn it Tony....I hated watching this fight because I'm a big Ferguson fan and once the fight started going bad for him he didnt do anything to adapt or try to win the fight, just counter punch failing after counter punch. The positive here is that Michael Johnson is coming into his own, since switching over to the blackzilians he's become a whole new monster and good things are coming from this guy.

Lavar Johnson is a beast, I love me some Pat Barry but Johnson is the new Shane Carwin of the UFC. To Pat's credit he had a heck of a start to the fight, almost got his first submission win but Lavar wouldnt have any of that. Then after that it ended up just like his last fight, with his opponent clinging on for dear life against the cage while he threw his toaster size firsts at his head. Hope we get to see him against someone like Brendan Schaub so he can knock him out too.

Alan Belcher scored a hell of an upset against Rousimar Palhares, although it shouldnt have been because he's someone who should never be counted out. But what was extremely impressive was he did it on the ground, surviving Palhares's deadly submission attempts and scoring a TKO. Belcher hasnt been around in a while but he's one or two fights away from a title shot, itd be interesting to see that fight happen. Paul Harris will be back at it soon enough.

Well Johnny Hendricks did it, he beat the division's tough as nails gatekeeper Josh Koscheck and did so in a heck of a fight. Those two went back and forth the entire fight with powershot after powershot, and takedown attempts left and right. Although Koscheck scored the only takedown Johnny did enough on the feet with his combos and heavy hands. Kos will continue to hold his spot as the welterweight gatekeeper and Hendricks will be looking at a title shot with another win over Ellenberger or Rory MacDonald.

Well the main event of UFC on Fox 1 was too fast, UFC on Fox 2 was too long and boring but UFC on Fox 3 was perfect. Nate Diaz put on the greatest performance of his career dominating Jim Miller with his improved clinch work and always handy submission skills, it was his third straight win and in those last fights he has become an entirely new fighter. Hopefully he gets to fight for the title soon enough and Bendo vs Edgar doesnt go another round. Miller is still a top guy, he should fight the winner of Cerrone-Stephens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back