• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Fight Night: Lauzon vs. Stephens

jmt225

Global Moderator
Was anyone else able to catch this Saturday? If so, thoughts?

If you weren't able to, check out the replay that airs Wednesday night at 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time. It was a great free show. You won't regret tuning in for it.

Anyway, spoilers ahead, so if you want to watch the show without knowing the outcome of any of the fights, then don't read any further.

So the main event was originally Joe Lauzon vs. Hermes Franca, but Franca suffered a torn ACL during training and was replaced by Jeremy Stephens, who just came off one of the biggest victories of his career when he KOed Rafael dos Anjos with an unbelievable uppercut at UFC 91.

Anyway, the fight itself was awesome. I am HUGE fan of Lauzon; have been since TUF 5, so I was very happy with his impressive showing. While Stephens put up a good, respectable performance, Lauzon was just the better fighter and is now moving his way up the Lightweight Division. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him. Personally, Lauzon vs. Clay Guida is what the fuck I want to see next. That would be beyond awesome.

Cain Velasquez put on another great performance by completing dominating Denis Stojnić, but props to Denis because he is a tough motherfucker. He took some serious shots, but just wouldn't give up. However, Cain Velasquez was just too much for him and eventually put him away. I was impressed with Cain's poise and also how he avoided Stojnic's desperation punches that probably would've knocked his ass out if he let his guard down.

Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer was a great fight, but I was extremely disappointed with the outcome. Neer rubs me the wrong fucking way and I'm a big fan of Danzig, so to see him lose to Neer like he did bummed me out. But I'm sure he'll rebound from it, while Neer will get his ass kicked whenever he's in there with serious competition.

And lastly... Anthony Johnson is quickly becoming one of my favorite fighters. Not only is he an awesome fighter, but he's such a class act on top of that. I really think he has a huge future in the UFC. I can't wait to see him go up against some higher ranked talent. Personally, I feel a fight between him and Thiago Alves would be a possible FOTY candidate. That's something I certainly would love to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back