• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Fight for the Troops this Wednesday on Spike Tv

jmt225

Global Moderator
UFC FIGHT FOR THE TROOPS ON DECEMBER 10, 2008 ON SPIKE TV
venue: Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, North Carolina

Main Card Bouts:
-Josh Koscheck (4 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
-Mike Swick vs. Jonathan Goulet
-Jim Miller vs. Matt Wiman
-Steve Cantwell vs. Razak Al-Hussan
-Tim Credeur vs. Nate Loughran

Preliminary Bouts:
-Steve Bruno vs. Johnny Rees
-Luigi Fioravanti vs. Brodie Farber
-Eddie Sanchez vs. Justin McCully
-Corey Hill vs. Dale Hartt
-Ben Saunders vs. Brandon Wolff

Main card airs live on Spike TV from 9:00 PM (ET/PT) to 12:00 AM (ET/PT) on December 10

*Based on MMAWeekly.com World MMA Rankings

Solid card, in my opinion.

I bet Koscheck is happy he signed up for this so he can make up for his last performance against Thiago Alves, but it won't be easy against Yoshida, who looked great in his one and only fight in the UFC, and seems like a very well-rounded fighter. But I think Kos will still be able to pull off the victory here. He has the experience and his wrestling is just too superior and he's developed a decent stand-up game for himself this past year or so.

I've never been a fan of Mike Swick, and Goulet has looked impressive in his last few fights, so I see Goulet finishing Swick off in either the 2nd or 3rd, but it won't be easy.

I think Jim Miller vs. Matt Wiman will easily be the fight of the night. I'm rooting for Miller, but Wiman's no push over and I'm sure it'll end up being a fantastic fight.

For the rest of the card I'm pulling for Credeur, Cantwell, Luigi, Eddie Sanchez, and Corey Hill (I really hope Hill can rebound from his last loss; dude is too cool and has too much potential to see his career go on a downslide so early in it).

Wow... it really turned out to be an awesome show.

Koscheck’s KO on Yoshida was fucking BRUTAL. I never, ever expected that from Kos! I mean, I knew he would come in with a chip on his shoulder feeling like he has something to prove, but man... those two shots he landed were unbelievable. But I’m happy for him. You can tell by his reaction to the KO and post fight interview that he isn’t the douche he was on The Ultimate Fighter and when he fought Diego for the second time. He’s really matured this past year or so; both as a fighter and person. I’m looking forward to what the future holds for him.

Mike Swick was also unbelievable tonight. Goulet is no push over and Swick ran through him. Easily, I might add. I was really impressed. Also, I can’t believe how different Swick looks to the last time I saw him fight, let alone to when he was on The Ultimate Fighter show. You can tell he’s really been pushing himself to become a dominate force in the Welterweight Division. In fact, a Koscheck/Swick fight down the line would be fucking sweet, thinking about it.

Steve Cantwell’s another guy who really impressed me tonight. I only saw one fight from him previously in the WEC, but he’s the real fucking deal. I can’t wait to see how he does against some more well-known names in the Light Heavyweight Division. But yeah… that arm-bar he finished Razak with was fucking nasty.

Tim Credeur looked fucking awesome tonight as well. He dominated Nate Loughran; both standing up and on the ground. He also seems to be in much better shape physically now then he did on The Ultimate Fighter 7. It will be interesting to see if he can make any noise in the Middleweight Division. God knows if the UFC needs more good fighters in any division, it’s the Middleweight Division.

Jim Miller is another guy who really impressed me tonight. A week’s notice and he fucking destroyed Wiman. I do believe Wiman is the better stand-up fighter, but Miller refused to be denied tonight and him pushing forward from the get go really paid off for him. Also, his wrestling is fantastic.

Ben Saunders.... my God, did he kick ass or what? If he can master that clinch like Silva has and can work on his take down defense, he really could start making a huge impact in the Welterweight Division. Someone with his height and reach already serves a problem in that weight class for ANYONE, and now that he’s actually adding some skill to his physical gifts, the dude really can make something of himself in the UFC. Also, how about that fucking bump on Wolff’s head? Was that brutal or what?

And Steve Bruno vs. Johnny Rees was great only because of Rogan verbally pwning that ref nearly the entire fight. How can you not love Joe Rogan?

Lastly, of the fights that weren’t aired, Hill unfortunately loss, Sanchez loss to McCully (don’t really care about that since McCully does work out of Tito’s camp and is great friends with both RVD and Samoa Joe), and Luigi Fioravanti won a unanimous decision.

All in all, great show for a great, great cause.

Could not believe how amazing the show turned out to be. Every single fight on the card was exciting and great.

Koscheck delivered one of the best KO's i have ever seen. Could be knockout of the year. Yoshida said during the pre fight interview he was gonna watch out for Koschecks looping right. But koscheck got him with some great boxing. Straight right followed by a devastating looping right. I was very happy for Kos, He is one of my all time favorite fighters and after his loss to Thiago it put him out of the title picture. But with his win over a very dangerous opponent like Yoshida, i am sure in no time he will work back up to the title picture.

Swick looked amazing tonight. He is in great shape and has come very far since TUF. He made Goulet look like a chump and that isn't easy. With these recent wins of his, One more win over a credible opponent or two and him and Koscheck might have to fight each other for Number 1 contender, Which will be a great fight.

Ben Saunders was a fuckin animal tonight. Dude knows how to really work a thai clinch. He threw some of the greatest Knees i have seen in awhile. Fuck the comparison they were making to him and Anderson Silva. He was throwing knees like Wanderlei Silva in his fight 2nd against Quinton Rampage Jackson.

Jim miller was also amazing tonight. I was not expecting such a great performance from him on such short notice. You can see that he gassed quick but what do you expect when taking a fight on such short notice. Miller showed great stand up and great ground game. I expect great things from the Miller brothers, these guys are gonna be some real threats in their respective divisions very soon.

As Jmt225 said, Great show for a great cause.

Okay, so now Corey Hill holds the title for the most brutal thing I've seen in all of sports. Seriously, if you thought Sid's leg break was nasty, wait until you see this shit.

Here are two pictures of the incident and a gif of it.

c-hill.jpg

10710nb.jpg

2cosy8o.jpg

To watch the fight, go to UFC's official website.

So, to recap, last night there was a leg broken, an arm broken, one of the biggest bumps on someone's head you'll ever see, and arguably the most devastating knockout this year.

What a fucking event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back