UFC 93 in Ireland Main Events Announced:

jmt225

Global Moderator
Light Heavyweight Bout: Rich Franklin vs Dan Henderson
Light Heavyweight Bout: Mauricio Rua vs Mark Coleman

Both should be great fights.

I'm very much looking forward to Franklin vs. Henderson. I like them both, but I think Franklin will be a little too much for Henderson. He'll control the stand-up and won't be dominated on the ground.

Shogun vs. Coleman is very interesting. They fought in Pride, which ended with Shogun freakishly breaking his elbow, which then a riot nearly started during Coleman's celebration. So for die-hard fans, this is a rematch a lot of us have been waiting for. Here's their first encounter in case you haven't seen it:

[youtube]n5fkHXvgGVQ[/youtube]

HOPEFULLY , This ppv will be on free tv since it's going to be overseas. I'm looking foward to the Franklin vs Henderson fight. Franklin should get the win by knockout in a fight that could possibly be a fight of the year. On the other side of it i could see Henderson taking Franklin down and getting a submission win. Either way its a great match up.

I would imagine this being a card on free television. It's sort of like UFC 89 coming up later this month. It's an overseas card, and although there are some very solid fights, this is not exactly a card, so far, at least, that has a real big marquee name on it. Would people want to see Franklin/Henderson, or Shogun/Coleman? Of course, but not if these are the headlining fights on a card.

I am fully looking forward to both of these, though. Franklin vs. Henderson is going to be a real good fight between two excellent wrestlers, and two of my favorites. Both are former champions, and both are class acts that never phone in a fight. They match up very well against each other, and it's, like what Casey said, a potential fight of the year candidate.

Shogun vs. Coleman should be real interesting to see as well. Coleman moves down to light-heavyweight for this fight, for his first since 2006, and his first in the UFC since 1999. Shogun hasn't fought since losing to Griffin last year. Both guys are coming off both major injuries and major layoffs. Both have a real lot to prove as well. Shogun still needs to prove why he was the #1 ranked light heavyweight for so long. Coleman needs to prove to himself that he's still a good fighter and isn't washed up.

I can't wait for this card.

Should be going. Can't wait for the main event. Bound to be better than the last irish main event. Okami bored the shit out of me in that fight, until the last 2 minutes or so. Henderson will win though. It'll be close. But I can't help but think he'll be too much for Franklin.

Two intresting fights. Certainly a lot better than the fights that usually happen outside N. America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back