• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 89: Bisping vs. Leben

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
ufc-89-poster.jpg

Fight Card & Prelims:

Michael Bisping Vs. Chris Leben
Keith Jardine Vs. Brandon Vera
Rameau Sokoudjou Vs. Luiz Cane
Paul Taylor Vs. Chris Lytle
Shane Carwin Vs. Neil Wain
Paul Kelly Vs. Marcus Davis
Dan Hardy Vs. Akihiro Gono
Jess Liaudin Vs. David Bielkheden
Sam Stout Vs. Terry Etim
David Baron Vs. Jim Miller
Per Eklund Vs. Samy Schiavo​

It looks like I'll be going. I have no real intrest in it, but one of Team Jake can't go so I'll use his ticket. You'd think they'd be able to come up with a better name for the show. It's hardly Couture vs. Liddell or Stacked. Saying that I'm expecting the main event to be a great fight. I'll possibly be the only person there who doesn't give a shit if Bisping loses. Because if he does then UFC probably won't put him in another piss poor main event.

Well, it's free TV, so of course the UFC isn't going to give away too much. Personally, I don't mind the last two matches. It's the undercard I'm kind of disappointed with, since I know very few people on it.

As far as Bisping vs. Leben goes... it should be a fun slug fest for the first couple of minutes, before Leben gets caught. I like Leben, but one would think he would've got some sense knocked into him during that Anderson Silva fight he had. He seriously needs to move down a weight class. I hope he chooses to do so if and when he loses this fight against Bisping, otherwise he won't see much success in the future.

And Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera is very intriguing, in my opinion. Vera is coming off a very disappointing and boring fight against Reese Andy in his 205 debut, and Jardine, the most inconsistent fighter in MMA history, is of course trying to make a comeback after being destroyed by Wanderlei Silva. So both these two have A LOT to prove and it should be a good fight if they both come out to put on a show like they should.

But yeah.. not the greatest card or main event for that matter, but it should be a good time nonetheless Jake. I look forward to your review of it.

I'm very excited for this card. VERY. Not for the main event, because neither of those two could survive three minutes with Anderson, so their fight is a moot function at best. The undercard is what I'm excited about. Jardine and Vera. Sokodjou and Cane. Plus, Sam Stout almost always puts on a good show. I think the UFC's problem is that they made the mistake of putting Bisping up against Leben. While Leben is the perfect super-villain in MMA as it were, they should've had someone else from that weight class come in to fight Bisping (I would've honestly saved Henderson). Either that, or put them on the undercard and put together another main event for this one.

Well, it's free TV, so of course the UFC isn't going to give away too much.

Oh right. Didn't know that. I assumed that each numbered UFC event was a monthly PPV. We must have a different structure to Americans.

I'm definitely going now so I plan on getting absolutely trashed. I really haven't enjoyed the past couple of events that I've been to. I've been bored by most. The cards have been uninspiring, although some were changed because of injury. But with you saying that it explains why some of the cards have been poor.

Oh right. Didn't know that. I assumed that each numbered UFC event was a monthly PPV. We must have a different structure to Americans.

I'm definitely going now so I plan on getting absolutely trashed. I really haven't enjoyed the past couple of events that I've been to. I've been bored by most. The cards have been uninspiring, although some were changed because of injury. But with you saying that it explains why some of the cards have been poor.

We get any of the ones when they are in England for free.

I personally will probably watch it, but not be to intrigued. I mean, yah, Leben hits hard, but I think he'll get caught by Michael, or he'll connect on a wild left hand and either KO him or mount him and get the TKO.

Honestly, this card isn't as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be. Bisping/Leben isn't close to a main event match, but for free tv, it's definitely something that's worth checking out. I don't like either fighter, but both are very good, and it should be exciting.

Jardine vs. Vera intrigues me, due to the fact that both are out to prove something. Vera was a bust in his first light-heavyweight fight, and it should be interesting to see how Jardine responds after getting his jaw destroyed by Wanderlei. One thing about Jardine's fights that make them worth watching is that for the most part, he knocks the hell out of his opponent, or he gets knocked the hell out.

I love Sokoudjou, so I can't wait to watch his fight. Lytle's good, just due to the fact that he pretty much always gets decimated. Kelly/Davis should be good, as should the rest of the undercard, which is full of pretty solid fighters.

Im a big Micheal Bisping fan. I'm also a Chris Leben hater. I'm hoping Bisping hits Leben right in the forehead with one of his famous flying knee's. It would be a brutal knockout and completely badass. It would be hilarious hearing Chris Leben bitching after the fight too. I'll be watching UFC 89 just for this fight.

Cant say im looking forward to this ppv but it is on free tv. Im hoping bisping can pull threw hes looking good at MW and i dont like leben but leben is no push over hes the underdog here and i think thats gonna make him more hungry to win this fight. Was sad to see machidas match get scraped since silva is injured. Vera and jardine both really need this win but i think jardine will take it to me hes shown the better stand up and he trains at jacksons which of course helps but im hoping vera pulls a victory. Also if soko pulls a victory here he can be considered a possible contender for the title. Overall i think this will be a decent ppv would have been great if machida was on it but still decent non the less.

I honestly wasn't looking forward to going, I was trying to get rid of the ticket all week. But I guess Leben vs. Bisping just isn't good enough for people to part with £20 for. But I enjoyed it. Not the best show I've ever been to but I hear that not all of these cards are on PPV like I assumed, so that's fine I guess.

I can't really give any fight reviews. I'd be lying if I said I could see anything. I was looking all night for a close up of Edith's tits, but it just wasn't happening for me. I tried to chat up the girl sitting next to me, as she looked bored out of her mind. Her boyfriend looked pissed.

I was looking all night for a close up of Edith's tits, but it just wasn't happening for me.

Ew, you actually find her attractive?

But yeah... decent show overall.

Paul Kelly vs. Marcus Davis was good while it lasted. I was very impressed with Davis in this fight. Him vs. Lytle in Ireland would be tremendous.

Speaking of Lytle, awesome fight against Paul Taylor. Just awesome. I think the reason he got the win was because he was the aggressor, but it honestly could've gone either way.

Sokoudjou vs. Luis Cane was okay, but I was disappointed in Sokoudjou. I first saw him at Pride 33 and thought he had loads of potential after he knocked out Nogueira's twin in like twenty seconds, but since then, he hasn't done much. His lost against Machida is understandable, but this was disappointing.

Besides the last 2 minutes of the first round, I thought Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera was pretty boring for the most part. I agree with Dana White that there's something wrong with Vera. He doesn't fight like he use to, otherwise Keith would've gotten his ass kicked with the way he fought last night.

And Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben was a great fight. Bisping had an awesome game plan and it worked well for him. He's no Machida, but he showed last night that he will find his opponent's weakness and expose it at all cost. Great showing by Bisping, and Leben looked great, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back