• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 147: Franklin vs. Silva II

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
UFCPoster147WanderleiSilvaRichFranklinWerdumRussow.jpg

Main Card (PPV)
  • Franklinweight Bout: Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva
  • Heavyweight Bout: Fabricio Werdum vs. Mike Russow
  • Featherweight Bout: Hacran Dias vs. Yuri Alcantara
  • Middleweight Bout: TUF: Brazil Finalist 1 vs. TUF: Brazil Finalist 2
  • Featherweight Bout: TUF: Brazil Finalist 1 vs. TUF: Brazil Finalist 2

So, this is a card the UFC expects people to pay for.

Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva is a fight that was okay the first time. Didn't really warrant a rematch, and I think if they had to go the rematch route with Wanderlei, they should have booked Bisping. Rich pretty decisively took the fight the first time around, and with this being a five round fight this time around, he's going to have the definite cardio advantage. I see this being a lot like the first fight with Rich probably getting a stoppage in the later rounds. Rich is the more technical striker, and if this fight goes to the ground, he has the advantage there too. I think if anything, he's going to have a career renaissance at Middleweight and this is the beginning, even though this fight will be at Franklinweight.

Fabricio Werdum will be taking on the the Can Who Refuses To Lose, Mike Russow. This speaks to how dire this card is, Mike Russow is co-main eventing a goddamn PPV card. The last time I had the displeasure of watching Russow fight, he was dry-humping his way to victory against Jon-Olav Einemo. Russow is pretty screwed here. Sure, he might be most famous for his Homer Simpson-esque strategy against Todd Duffee, but even if Werdum (whose striking has improved leaps and bounds) can't beat him on the feet, he can certainly submit him on the ground. Werdum is caught between a rock and a hard place right now as Junior Dos Santos started his reign of dominance against him, beating him in a little over a minute, and a win here doesn't do much for him. I think Werdum takes this by submission.

The rest of the card, who gives a shit. This is a glorified TUF: Brazil finale, which is fine, this card will be very successful in Brazil, but to expect people here to pay for it is crazy, and this should really be a freebee on FX.

The only appeal this card had was Belfort vs Silva 2 and now that they had to cancel that fight and it's Franklin vs Silva 2 I have no interest whatsoever. I hope that Wanderlei can pull of the win and clip Rich but odds are Rich will use his reach and superior technical skills to outclass Wandy just like in the last fight, and the added two rounds will set them apart that much more.

Werdum vs Russow shouldnt be hard to predict unless Russow get a lucky punch in, which he wont. Vai Cavalo will use his much improved Muay Thai and his untouchable ground game to wreck Russow. He'll either submit him or go the distance whipping his butt on the feet but it'll be a brazilian style beatdown that the fans will love.

Alcantara should win his fight, but I really dont care. The rest of the card will be decent but not enough for anyone to buy this PPV. This really is a glorified TUF finale and if they expect to do well on buys for this event they are delusional.

Worst UFC card I may have ever seen. I'm defiantly not getting this. Franklin-Silva will mostly likely be a mauling with Franklin overwhelming Silva,

Werdum vs Russow- Really? This is your co-main event? No thank you, Werdum is just too much for Russow.

Hacran Dias vs. Yuri Alcantara- Dias will have the shock of the night beating Alcantara but I just can't see anyone being into this card. Anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back