• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Uefa Champions League - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeds Guy

Retired Former WZCW EurAsian Champ
Ok so we know we have at least ONE english team in the Uefa Champions League final and we know that the semi - finals are:

Barcelona Vs Chelsea
Manchester United Vs Arsenal

so lets discuss the semis. Who will win and can we hope for an all english final again?

The four best footballing teams in Europe have reached the semi finals. Brilliant news.

Barca Chelsea will be unbelievable. Remember a few years ago the classic 4-2 at the Bridge? This will hopefully top that. That game was Chelsea vs Ronaldinho. This time the whole Barca team is immense, and Messia is twice as good as Ronaldinho was. Chelsea wil do well to score at the Nou Camp, and I think they will in a 2-1 defeat. They will then draw 2-2 at the Bridge and go out.

Arsenal vs United is one for neutrals. Both play the best brand of football in England. However, the fa cup mauling aside, Arsenal have United's number lately. Unfortunately, Arshavin is cup tied. I see United winning 2-1 at OT in the first leg, with Arsenal doing the same at Emirates in a thrilling game. I would back Arsenal to finish United off in extra time.

This leaves Arsenal vs Barca. What a game that would be (I know the 2006 final was a let down, but the red card was the cause). In the end, Barca will just edge it, leaving Platini delighted that an English side didn't win it again, and leave Messi as the undoubted king of world football.

I want Arsenal to win, but I'd settle for Chelsea. I'd rather Barcelona won it than United, true story. I think Arsenal will roll over against Man Utd, but I really hope they don't. Wenger has gotten the better of United more than anyone else, and I hope he can pull it off here again. Chelsea vs. Barca won't be as good as any of the previous matches because Jose Mourinho isn't there focussing the attention on himself, and Chelsea will shut up shop having conceded goals from players such as Dirk Kuyt, Lucas and Kevin "better than the Second Coming of Christ" Davies.

As an English football fan, I am quite proud of the fact that an English team hasn't been elimnated by a foreign one since we lost the final in 2007, and I would enjoy it if we continued to make a mockery of La Liga and Serie A this year. So I'm hoping for a Chelsea - Arsenal final, but I think we'll see Chelsea-United 2, woth Chelsea getting the better of Man United this time around.

I see Arsenal doing United. Either on penalties or after a 2-0 win. United should be 3-0 up, they dicked all over them in the first leg, but they haven't won at the Emirates. Fabregas, Adebayor and Walcott might actually turn up for this game as well.

I also see Chelsea turning over Barca. Barca showed on Saturday if you attack them they will massacre you. Chelsea won't. They will be organised, smother Xavi and Iniesta so Messi, Henry and Eto'o aren't a factor. Then Lampard will pick out Drogba from a free kick or a through ball and it'll be an all cockney final. Bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back