TyFox696

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
As I'm sure one of you can help me with this. My wireless connection won't connect to the router. Now when I look it has an IP starting in 169.254 and the subnet mark of 250.250.0.0. I've heard these two combinations cause problems but I can't seem to find out how to fix it. Any ideas?

PS I'm on XP

Unplug the power to your modem and your router. Leave them unplugged for 30 seconds then plug the modem back in. Let the modem come back up and then plug the power into the router. Once the router is back up attempt connecting to the wireless signal again. Do this first and see if that fixes it.

Edit: Forget last part let's try this.

Go to start, right click on my computer go to properties. In properties click on the Hardware tab at the top then click on Device Manager. In Device manager go to Network adapters and click on the plus sign next to it. You will see an entry in there with wireless in the name. Right click on that and click on uninstall. Restart your machine and it will reinstall your wireless adapter. That may fix it as well.

You might not even have Wireless enabled. What brand of Router do you have?

If Wireless was disabled he would not even get any ip information on that adapter, so the wireless is enabled, just not connecting properly.

Tried both of those, no luck.

Neither worked? Alright let's do this. Go to start then run. type in cmd in the box and hit enter. A black box will pop up. Type in netsh winsock reset and hit enter. It will prompt to restart computer so go ahead and do so.

Also Lee, are you able to connect that computer to the router with a cable and get online with any issues?

Reactions: Lee
I was tempted to go on wz with Lee's account and mess around with his Power mod powers, but I decided I really shouldn't.

I wonder if the IP address would register as yours or his. I'd guess his, but it'd be interesting to find out.

I wonder if the IP address would register as yours or his. I'd guess his, but it'd be interesting to find out.

I didn't remote in with remote desktop, I used a program we have at work, so it would show up under his. As for using Remote Desktop, I would hazard a guess and say it would be under his again.

I would gladly donate my account for the sake of science, but Sly isn't much of a scientist, despite being a boy genius

You can also try opening the command promp and enter ipconfig/ renew. sometimes that also resets the connection. Just for future references.

It's actually ipconfig /renew, and usually it's best to ipconfig /release it first. But, if his internet is a static IP, that probably wouldn't help him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back