• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Two Questions to WZbros in Australia

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Exactly how big is Empire of the Sun in their native country? Only knowing of their song "Walking on a Dream," a persistent colleague got me to see them live in early September. Despite this inauspicious start, I left the venue knowing that I'd just had the greatest concert experience of my life.

Also, is it just me or is Empire of the Sun an infinitely better live band? Unlike Daft Punk, Empire of the Sun should use instrumentation in their studio recordings. They shouldn't be an electropop act, they should be an arena rock band.

I hope you didn't expect any quick responses from the Australians on here, you did kinda post this when it was 3:40am over here...

Empire of the Sun's not outstandingly popular over here asides from their two hits - mainly because our current music scene is stuck in the pretentious teeny indie-pop-rock phase where anything that doesn't have folk guitar and soft spoken vocals or an electronic effect won't get regular radio airplay. Right now Empire of the Sun would probably be at a level of popularity where on a music festival poster they'd be the first name after the headlining acts but only in slightly larger font than all the other acts if you get my analogy.

I hope you didn't expect any quick responses from the Australians on here, you did kinda post this when it was 3:40am over here...

Empire of the Sun's not outstandingly popular over here asides from their two hits - mainly because our current music scene is stuck in the pretentious teeny indie-pop-rock phase where anything that doesn't have folk guitar and soft spoken vocals or an electronic effect won't get regular radio airplay. Right now Empire of the Sun would probably be at a level of popularity where on a music festival poster they'd be the first name after the headlining acts but only in slightly larger font than all the other acts if you get my analogy.

Don't forget Kerser.

Don't forget Kerser.

is this the part where I'm supposed to say "Fuk Kerser!!1! 360 is da bestest!!"?
Thank fuck I'm in uni and not highschool anymore, saying that would've earnt me a stabbing or two last year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back