• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Two birds. One stone

Can DZP improve the tag team division and make Zack Ryder a decent mid-card champion?

• Yes

• They can improve the tag division, but Ryder can't be a mid-card champion

• Ryder can be a mid-card champion but he can't help the tag division

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

PompeyDJ

TNA World Butterfly Champion
Pretty much every day there's threads on here about the WWE's tag team division or more specifically, their lack of one.
There's also a lot of threads about pushing Zack Ryder. If you haven't already guessed, i'm a Ryder mark.

So my suggestion is pretty simple. On Superstars Zack Ryder has formed a tag team with Primo called DZP (Down with Zack and Primo)
Now, i don't watch Superstars, mainly because i live in the UK and have no idea when and what channel it's on. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think i've seen these two team together on Raw. With Superstars being moved to a wwe.com exclusive, ratings are going to plummet until it's completely cancelled (or moved to a different channel)

So why not simply give DZP a few tag matches on Raw to get them over a bit more? Whilst Primo isn't one of the better superstars waiting for a push he does have some talent that can be used. Give them a few matches with Santino and Koslov and The Uso's and soon they'll be ready for a tag title shot. They don't even need to win the titles, just let them show what they can do.

Then you can eventually break them up (don't let them fade out. that will destroy all momentum) by either Zack turning on Primo or the better option of drafting Ryder to Smackdown. Then Long Island Iced Z could go straight in contention for the United States/Intercontinental Championship whilst Primo does....something else.

Zack Ryder does have talent. His ring work is solid, his mic work is golden and he's got the right look. The guy's a natural entertainer. Don't believe me? Check out his youtube account.

So whilst he may never be a world champion, Zack Ryder definately has what it takes to improve the tag team division and win a mid-card title.
Thoughts?

Ryder deserves something; the guy ain't great but he's good. You saw how he carried Hawkins when they were Edge's flunkies. Too much talent to be wasted; bring back ECW or WCW and give him a puncher's chance.

I think Ryder has enough talent to do more than he's currently doing. But giving him a tag title wouldn't help him at all considering how little prestige it has. Plus no one really wants to see Primo & him on RAW, at least team him up with someone that we care about.

To be completely honest, I see him getting future endeavor'd after 'Mania. I think it's too late for him to suddenly come from the ashes and make it big after jobbing for such a long time.

I don't mind seeing it, but Vince just doesn't like spending time on these kinda wrestlers, Now you have some good ideas, and who knows maybe they have been pitched to VKM before, but it doesn't look to me that tag teams are going to turn good anytime soon nor these smaller guys getting some recognition, the ONLY way I see it, is if they had the Light heavyweight or cruiserweight title..

sorry but no.
Primo is nothing without Carlito.
and while Zack Ryder isn't too bad, he's not championship material, his gimmick sucks and is worse then Santino IMO and Santino aint getting a singles title ever again at this stage.

saying that, things will likely pick up oer the next few years with Vinnie Mac taking more and more of a backseat which is obvious by the increase of little things like more wrestling, more air time to non main eventers and titles that actually get defended on a frequent basis.

Fingers Crossed..... The McMahon/Helmsley era is upon us again :p

He's been screwed by the quality of the Rookies over the past 3 or 4 years. The youth movement is full of guys with potential, if Zack had made the roster 10 years ago, he'd probably be at least upto at least Bourne's popularity today.

No, Primo is dead weight in my opinion. Zack Ryder has talent, dedication, and I see him having a somewhat decent WWE career. Primo... not so much. I think they should keep Zack and Primo together for a little while as a sort of comedic heel team, then have Ryder get all serious and turn on Primo, thus turning Primo face, and then have Ryder go over Primo, thus elevating him to the midcard. What the WWE does with Primo after that is their call, but it would at the very least make Ryder more relevant.

Zack has potential, I think he would be a great breath of fresh air on Smackdown.

But Primo is characterless. Met him a year or two back, great guy but without Carlito he has no presence.

I believe his younger brother or cousin is down in FCW at the moment. If he was brought up and teamed with Primo they could run a "Los Guerrero's" type team.

But other then that..

Savio Vega will be the only Puerto Rican in WWE history to ever amount to anything

No, Primo is dead weight in my opinion. Zack Ryder has talent, dedication, and I see him having a somewhat decent WWE career. Primo... not so much. I think they should keep Zack and Primo together for a little while as a sort of comedic heel team, then have Ryder get all serious and turn on Primo, thus turning Primo face, and then have Ryder go over Primo, thus elevating him to the midcard. What the WWE does with Primo after that is their call, but it would at the very least make Ryder more relevant.
this is actually what i meant. primo won't really go anywhere. but the two have been teaming together for a few months so it would make more sense to keep the two together for a bit. and they don't actually have to win the titles. it just adds some new contenders until some actual teams are formed/signed

I'm not crazy about the current DZP team as I don't see the two having anything in common other than struggling under a 'Creative Team' that has little creativity.

I think Primo would be better off teaming with his cousin when he's eventually brought up, while I feel Ryder is better off alone or re-teaming with Curt Hawkins, another guy working hard that 'creative' has done nothing for.

In my opinion, if WWE wants to build young stars they need to take a look not at the in-ring talent, but at the creative department who is failing to help that talent establish themselves and get over.

It would take a way more credible tag team to help the tag team division in WWE. Not a couple of low card guys like Primo and Ryder who were just thrown together. I would be surprised if both of them are still in WWE after Wrestlemania when the WWE releases people. Primo doesn't have a lot going for him without Carlito. I'm sure he'll be let go.

I doubt Ryder will ever get a singles push. If it was going to happen it probably would have by now. If he's not released after Wrestlemania he'll just be used the same way he has been. I think Ryder has some talent, but with the full roster and young guys coming up from FCW via NXT. I just don't see him becoming a star in WWE. He will probably do well in TNA one day.

Now I am not that big of fan of either of these guys but I think they help each other be better but I have been thinking and Since this is about Ryder I will make him the main one (I couldn't figure out who to make head). Why nothave Ryder make a faction wit Hawkins Archer and Reks.

What is the obsession with ryder?its so annoying how overrated this guy is in the IWC's eyes. I see him being future endeavored with susperstars being canceled. this tag team is going nowhere and neither is his career in wwe.

I like the idea of Zack Ryder teaming with William Regal instead. Sure, Ryder and Primo make a decent tag team, but him and Regal would work better. I think that Ryder and Regal could hold the tag titles, atleast they would have more of a chance of winning than Ryder and Primo. Besides, Ryder and Regal have teamed with each other on raw before and so it would make sense if they teamed up again. Also, after Regal kissed Ryder I could see them being almost a gay comedy couple. Not that I would want to see a gay couple but it would work.

So yeah, I love Ryder and I think that he has alot of potential.
And honestly, I see Ryder with the United States or IC title more clearly than I see him with the tag team titles.

i think the best way to deal with guys like zac ryder, curt hawkins, etc...... is to bring back ecw, which would introduce a 3 "world" title with a bit of prestige, and by having a "new" show, they can give everyone a fresh start. guys like ryder, hawkins, reks can all be in contention for the title, dh smith, tyson kidd. almost just use the superstars roster (bar masters, i think he is seasoned enough that it would take away from the "new guy" show, have him go to smackdown or raw), then through the draft, keep ryder, hawkins, reks, smith, kidd, and introduce guys like dibiasie, swagger, sheamus, guys who have talent but have just been buried in order to make it a great show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back