Twilight Eclipse- Soundtrack

Nitafrong

Póg mo thóin! :)
I will probably make a proper post on this in the music section at some point- but is anyone thinking of checking this out?

Disregarding any discussion on the film itself or the books- the soundtrack reads as well as its predecessor did. Exclusive brand new songs from, Metric, Muse, Florence and the Machine, Bat for Lashes + Beck, Fanfarlo, Bombay Bicyle Club, UNKLE, Vampire Weekend, The Black Keys and a number of others I am not familar with.

As I said for the second album- if this didn't have pictures of the movie on the front it would probably get a lot more respect. Of course it wouldn't sell well either :D

Thats probably a pretty common attitude with the CD. I can't really overlook new songs from artists I like though. Its like an extra gift between albums- even Thom Yorke did a song for the last album :D

Did someone mention Twilight?

0.jpg

I really should have named this Exclusive New Hits which has nothing to do with creatures of the Undead. It must just be HBK-aholic and I, but there are a number of really good artists on that CD. One of the bands even mentions Londonderry despite being from South Africa. It seems they live off political contraversy ;)

I really should have named this Exclusive New Hits which has nothing to do with creatures of the Undead. It must just be HBK-aholic and I, but there are a number of really good artists on that CD. One of the bands even mentions Londonderry despite being from South Africa. It seems they live off political contraversy ;)

They called it "Londonderry?" They are so on the cutting edge of controversy. It will always be Derry or Doire to me. Not because I am a Republican but more because I am lazy and Derry is two syllables shorter

Well admitidly it could be my imagination but it sounds pretty similar. The song is Jonathan Low by Vampire Weekend. Perhaps with an eye to future contraversy Youtube have taken the song down- well that and all of the other songs too :p

If I am right the lyric goes "Londonderry nights, which chilled him to the bone" I know you northerners get worse weather than us but is it that bad really?

Despite not knowing the song, I would guess that it is not talking about Derry weather. More the fear that used to be and still can be felt walking around Derry streets at night.

As for our weather, we've actually had a very good last 18 months. Plenty of sun at the moment too

My brain must be really elsewhere at the moment- that does seem amazingly obvious. I hope I am not missing such simplicities in my dissertation at the moment.
I am not good at hearing lyrics in songs clearly- just have to wait till someone kindly posts them online to see if I was right.

Weather is pretty good at the moment but it really low over Christmas wasn't it? We were visiting relatives a couple of days after Christmas and it was near -10 at night and they were saying it had been worse on the night itself. But yes how sterotypical is this- the two of us talking about the weather..... :D

We Irish care not for stereotypes or racism. That's why we are such easy targets.

The weather was pretty shitty over the winter. Luckily I wasn't in the country for the worst of it in late December/early January. -28 degrees in Germany/Austria was fun though

Oh yes I vaugely remember you mentioning about going on that last year. -28 must have been pretty intense- I thought -10 was very cold myself. Dublin was almost uninhabitable for cars for a couple of days.

We really don't have any excuse for racism- being that we have emigrated to almost every corner of the world and brought some semblance of our pubs with us. At some point the world must get sick of us again :p

Needless to say I did not do too much skiing in that kind of cold. However, the humidity here does make lower temperatures feel worse than they actually are. I remember getting off a plane in Dublin to -4 and feeling absolutely freezing despite having spent the previous week in the -20s in New Hampshire and having little problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back