TV Memories

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
I think I just heard the best line I've ever heard on a TV show.

I am suing Netflix to catch up on Friday Night Lights. I've seen a few episodes, and I am one who needs to watch a show from episode one to enjoy it, so I started this one.

QB Matt Sarcen is having trouble being loose. Coach Taylor tells hims to take a girl out and get her in the backseat of his car. After Saracen gets beat up and Taylor has to take him out of the hospital, they go to his daughter's dance recital, where he sees Saracen and Julie, Coach Taylor's daughter, getting along a little too well.

During a conversation with his wife, Coach Taylor looks at her and says, "I think I just told Saracen to get Julie in the backseat of a car."

:lmao: If you don't think this is funny, you need to watch the show./

I say all this, to ask the question....

What is your favorite line from a TV show? Give some background.

The Bet episode from Seinfeld. The gang has a bet as to who can go the longest without *********ing. The background is there is a naked woman across the building from Jerry's apartment, making it harder for Jerry, George, and Kramer. Elaine has a hard time due to meeting JFK Jr. in a gym.

Well, Kramer is managing to gander at the naked girl across the hall, and all of a sudden, we see Kramer leave Jerry's apartment, closing the door behind him. The gang keeps talking about the bet and Elaine's encounter with JFK Jr. when Kramer walks in the apartment, has the money they bet, slams it on the counter and says, "I'm out."

To continue the love for Friday Night Lights, there's another scene between Coach Taylor and Matt Saracen in Season 2 that contains the best acting I've ever seen in a television program. Now, Season 2 for the most part is the weakest stuff the show has put out so far during its run. While it was good, it suffered because of the writer's strike, and because of the Landry/Tyra murder storyline. However, everything with Saracen that season was absolute fucking gold, just like everything he did was throughout his stay on the show. But one scene in particular beats them all, and that's in the second to last episode of the 2nd season, where feeling abandoned by everyone who loves him, Saracen gets drunk and fucks up, and the scene where Coach Taylor confronts him about it. It is absolutely phenomenal. It sounds simple, but if you watch the show up to that point, it's just a powerful, powerful scene where Matt finally let's it all out.

But there are plenty of great moments in FNL. The Mud Bowl is BY FAR the best football game I've ever seen depicted in a television show AND movie. It is incredible. Anything with the Smash and his mother was always pure gold, like the episode in Season 1 where he returns to his hometown. And the list goes on and on.

The 10th Season of South Park, in the episode, "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce," they are debating whether or not 9/11 was a conspiracy, and Kyle says that anyone who thinks it was is ******ed. Cartman: Oh yeah? Did you know 1/4 of America thinks it was a conspiracy? Are you saying 1/4 of America is ******ed? Kyle: Yes I am. Stan: Yeah at least 1/4. Then my favorite line. Kyle: Well let's see, there's 4 of us, and you're ******ed. That's 1/4. May not be super hilarious to most, but I love it. It's funny because it's true! Lol.

Mines ahs got to be the first serias of friends. Im not entierly sure of the episode but Ross has just broke up with Carol and has had a huge crush on Rachael since he was 10 or sumin, and he comes out with a hilerious line, "I dont know if im hungry or horny." and then Chandler, like always, comes out with the best one liner ever by repling, Stay out of my freezer. I have never heard such a funny thing in my whole life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back