TV-14 on a PPV basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuntz

WTF!!!!
I can honestly say this peeked my curiosity in another thread. Heres the thing.....WWE aims their product at kids, but who buys and ends up approving the PPV buys. Parents do, in other words, 18+ adults who are throwing their cash out for these on average once a month wrestling events. Why not at least make the PPV's TV-14 and the weekly program PG?

This could inadvertantly move some people to start buying more PPV's and watching more on a weekly basis. There is no other better way to at least end a great fued in a realistic nature. Most of the reason gimmick matches for the most part don't work in the WWE is because most of them there would be blood in.

When I think of a cage match, Hell in a Cell, I Quit, Last Man Standing, Ladder, TLC, or any other violent Gimmick match I think great match but how can you sell a beating that bad with no blood.

What are your thought on this?

Would you be more encouraged to buy a PPV if you knew it was going to be TV-14? Yes or No Why?

Would it be good for storyline purposes or could it hurt?

If it were up to you on when and how to change it what would you do?

I think predictablilty is more of an issue than extreme limitations nowdays on PPV's. I don't feel the PPV is worth paying for when you can pretty much guess the outcomes moment for moment most of the time. Underdeveloped, rushed storylines producing PPV matches with no real backbones also a problem for me. I think WWE should definitely drop the Hell In The cell PPV because it really doesn't fit in with where they want to go it seems. Bring the cell out every once in a while as a last resort to end a heated fued..make it credible again.

This is about the 50 millionth thread on this topic. I'll keep this short and sweet. The rating in no way changes the show. Maybe they'll swear, maybe they'll bleed, but it won't make the wrestling any better. The storyline going in would be the same and nothing worth noting would change because of the rating.

You're forgetting that while the adults are the ones spending their money to buy the PPV, it's not like their kids aren't going to watch with them. If they all of a sudden change their content, those adults that watch with their kids may NOT buy it because they don't want their kids watching it with them.

As for the "blood" argument. I don't know, I guess I'm not a blood-thirsty savage like some of you, but I don't need to see someone busted open all the time. I think if it happens on a more rare occasion, then when it does happen you will be more inclined to think that it wasn't supposed to. I'll admit it can add some intensity to some matches, but guys like Flair do it almost every match and that takes away that intensity because it's almost expected. All of that doesn't even take into account the safety factor which is another issue in itself.

You're forgetting that while the adults are the ones spending their money to buy the PPV, it's not like their kids aren't going to watch with them. If they all of a sudden change their content, those adults that watch with their kids may NOT buy it because they don't want their kids watching it with them.

As for the "blood" argument. I don't know, I guess I'm not a blood-thirsty savage like some of you, but I don't need to see someone busted open all the time. I think if it happens on a more rare occasion, then when it does happen you will be more inclined to think that it wasn't supposed to. I'll admit it can add some intensity to some matches, but guys like Flair do it almost every match and that takes away that intensity because it's almost expected. All of that doesn't even take into account the safety factor which is another issue in itself.

you took the words out of my mouth as the page was loading.

if the wwe did this, they would lose a ton of money for that show. i highly doubt that there are more viewers who want sex and violence over those who are kids or parents of those kids.

it's just not the company's target audience right now.

and as for blood, it doesn't make a match that much better. if there is not a storyline going in, what's the point? ecw's matches may have been ultra violent, but the storylines are what made the matches (sandman/raven/sandman's kid).

tna showed me that blood doesn't up ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back