• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turn for the worst..

truk24

Getting Noticed By Management
After seeing DJ Gabriel's tights this past tuesday I realized that his character has taken a turn for the wrost. He looks like an early 90's jobber. It is ashame because he is a solid wrestler, ok mic skills. His character can't identify with any casual fan. Why not just bill him as a great wrestling technician out of England? Something intimidating perhaps, or aggressive. Not a man in funny tights dancing around like an ass.

They could have generated some kind of story between he and Paul since they are both in ECW now. Maybe they have an old history from their early days in England. Ofcourse all in kayfabe. Create a storyline that suggest Paul came all the way here to find Gabriel, and he says he has been running from him since they we teenagers. Something similar to the Raven-Tommy Dreamer feud. Somewhere along the lines of personal. Maybe Gabriel was seeing Katie, and Paul wouldn't allow it.

So many directions they could have went here with Gabriel, and its a joke now. He prances around, and for what? What audience does that appeal to in the WWE? Especially for ECW this makes no sense. Gabriel is a phenomenal wrestler who deserves a little more than that. Hell, they could have turned these two in to a tag team from ECW.

At first I hated DJ Gabriel, I found him to be annoying, after a few matches he grew on me. I noticed he did have some legit talent. But just as I had posted here when he first debuted, his gimmick is gonna hold him back big time, and I was right. I was actually a little upset that he was completely squashed by Henry, although I didn't actually think he was gonna put up that much offense, I was hoping they would continue his push.

I like your idea of having some personal feud start between Burchill and Gabriel, they really never actually continued the mini-feud going on between the two, to add a bit more depth would have added some much needed storylines on ECW, considering the Tommy Dreamer retirment storyline is the only real angle going.

I was also thinking they could have pulled a Miz/Morrison thing. By that I mean have them feud a little and then form a team, I mean on paper that sounds bad, but look at how good it worked for Miz and Morrison. Have Gabriel change his gimmick to a rough and tough Brit form a stable with Burchill and Katie Lea. It would really help out Burchill, Gabriel, and the tag team division.

As you said there are many avenues they could take, I would hate for them to release another young talent.

The thing is... I think that DJ Gabriel is perfect as a face. But his gimmick as a dancer is obviously not working for him. His dance skills are okay, could be better, but that has nothing to do with his wrestling ability. You've had several people in the WWE who danced a lot better than they wrestled, such as The Boogeyman, Ernest ''The Cat'' Miller, and dare I say... Shane McMahon (can you actually say that he is a good WRESTLER?) DJ Gabriel, however has better wrestling skills than he has dancing skills, but his dancing gimmick is really getting in the way of that.

As for the Gabriel/Birchill feud that you people seem to have liked to see, the question is: Were you impressed with the matches they had earlier this year? Sure, the bulid-up storyline that you people thought of is great, but you have to think of the wrestling aspect of it. A good storyline with bad wrestling involved will do you absolutely no good.

So, I like what I see from DJ Gabriel as it goes for wrestling ability, but if him having a dancing gimmick will affect his success in the company... change it! He can still remain a face, but add a more brutal, rough side to his character in order to make him more effective.

shane mcmahon, not neccisarly a good wrestler, but can you say you ever seen a match with him without sayin HOLY SHIT!! THAT DUDES FUCKIN NUTZ!!

I like the guy to know end. I love the character and think he's fun and brings energy and excitment to ECW. Him and Alicia are fun characters and I enjoy watching them. Disco Inferno was a solid, popular, midcarder in WCW, so I don't see why DJ can't be.

I do see that his style and gimmick might not be popular with casual fans and I unquderstand that. I just like that the guy has some personality unlike Birchill and others. While he might not be taken seriously in this gimmick, and if he want't to eventenually move up the card he may need to change his gimmick, I think right now he's being entertaining and is memorable and I think ECW needs some comedy on the brand.

shane mcmahon, not neccisarly a good wrestler, but can you say you ever seen a match with him without sayin HOLY SHIT!! THAT DUDES FUCKIN NUTZ!!

That is exactly my point... Shane McMahon has match after match after match that make you scream ''HOLY SHIT""!! Sure, it's very entertaining, but that does not make you a good wrestler.

I actually think DJ is on an upswing. His problem for the early part of his time with WWE, was that he didn't really have anything to do. He just went about his matches, and that was it.

With TJ attacking him after Nattie's match, we'll finally get to see how both work in a feud, and see what kind of matches they can work together. I was impressed with how he turned the sneak attack into offense, and ended up putting TJ over the top rope belly first.

I'm not saying it'll be feud of the year material, but at least it'll give us a taste of what to expect from them.

I can NOT even believe I'm about to openly defend D.J. Gabriel, but yeah, I am.

Last night, he showed a side to his character that I hadn't seen since he debuted. He showed intensity and the ability to be someone important. Jason Kidd finally took the heelish turn everyone pretty much waited for him to take, with the cheap shot attack.. and Gabriel took the face turn, and jumped out of the stupid jobber gimmick, by defending himself and clearing the ring of Kidd.

His tights are in no connection to how much he sucks, or how much he is or isn't a jobber. Anyone connecting a person's talent to their tights is ridiculous. If that's the case, Steve Austin would've been the world's biggest jobber, as he had plain black trunks.

Fact is, Gabriel went from being a fruity dancing Disco Inferno wannabe, to becoming someone actually interesting, by defending the honor of Alicia Fox. It's about fucking time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back