• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TUF 11 Coaches

jmt225

Global Moderator
No, they haven't been announced yet, but I would just wondering if any of you were in charge of the UFC, who would you get to coach the 11th Season of The Ultimate Fighter?

.........................................................​

Me, it's an easy, easy choice. If they both win their next fights, I would definitely go with Tito Ortiz and Rashad Evans, thus setting up Ortiz vs. Evans 2.

Now, I know what some of you are thinking, "But JMT, Rashad just coached an Ultimate Fighter!! He's going to over welcome his stay!!" Well, I really don't about that, because I really feel that right now, this is by far and away the UFC's best option.

Tito Ortiz and Rashad Evans can't stand each other, much like Rampage and Rashad. The difference is, barring injury of course, Ortiz wouldn't back out of a fight with Rashad when the time comes, so all the arguing and shit like that... we could actually get a pay off this time around at the end of the show.

Moreover, I think most would agree that Ortiz and Rashad are the best coaches in the history of TUF. Their win-loss records as coaches are tremendous, and both have gotten very good feedback from fans about the way they approached the show and their fighters. So, why wouldn't anyone want to watch two great coaches who hate each other, coach against one another? I really think the show would draw, and it would end up giving us some of the most entertaining segments, and also best fights, we've ever seen on the show.

I personally would like to see a swerve, and see UFC go with all ladies fighters for the next round of TUF. To my knowledge, there is no current ladies division in UFC, so the coaches would be up in the air at this point.

I agree with jmt though. Ortiz and Evans would be great choices for coaches. This is the first season where I watched at least semi-regularly, and Evans was great. Ortiz is a great fighter in the octagon, so I could imagine it would carry over to coaching as well.

Not a bad chose JMT, I would sure as hell tune into watch Tito and Rashad go at it, but personally I am rooting for GSP and Fitch. Depending on if Fitch wins his next fight, which he should and pretty decisively, he will certainly be in line for another shot. Hes the only guy who even looked a little good in my opinion against GSP thus far in GSP's second reign as champ. He went the distance and got a lot of good experience. Also hes won two in a row and has looked good.

If the UFC did go this route these two could rival both Evans and Ortiz. Fitch is a wrestling coach already and has helped the boilermakers among others in their skills and GSP could surely coach a team at a high level. I think the coaching alone would make it worthy of watching plus the fact that both men are very likeble and that Fitch is probably the only true contendor in the UFC right now for his belt. So im pulling for GSP/Fitch as TUF 11 coaches.

So, it looks like GSP and Dan Hardy are in the lead to be the coaches of The Ultimate Fighter Season 11. What is everyone's thoughts on those two being coaches of the season?

Personally, I think it's a good way to hype a fight where nobody on Earth will think Dan Hardy stands a chance, but honestly... I don't think it will do any good unless Hardy acts like a real dick on the show, which is possible, but at the same time... I don't think there's a person on this planet who can bring themselves to hate someone like GSP, so I highly doubt that if this does go down, that we'll see anything like what we've been seeing this season with Rampage and Rashad, as far as the coaches fighting and arguing is concerned.

But I am interested in seeing if Hardy would make a good coach. I can't fucking stand the guy, and a lot of people can't, so this will be a good opportunity for him to show his true colors to all the MMA fans out there with how he does on the show. However, like I said... for next season to be successful, either they have to sign some huge talent to be one of the fighters (which is very doubtful), and they'll need Hardy to act like a prick all season long. If neither occurs, then TUF's ratings will start to go back to what the were Season 9 (at least in the states), and that's not good at all.

Well like I said before, I would personally much rather see GSP coach against Jon Fitch. But since Dan Hardy is next in line I guess it makes sense. Dan Hardy does come off as a complete dousche and I get the vibe that thats exactly what we will get from him on the show if this happens. He will more then liklely be a more unknown, obnoxious asshole then Michael Bisping was. At least Bisping had a reputation as a big name up and comer when he coached. I think Hardy will be a bust on the show and in his fight with GSP. He isnt going to attract any ratings for the show, that will have to be left up to GSP and whoever they decide deserves to be on the show. I also dont think he will be that great of a coach. I have never seen him coach anyone else in the UFC or elsewhere or even act as a corner man. I will still hold out hope that Hardy does not receive a title shot and will have to fight Jon Fitch first and the winner of that fight gets the coaching spot.

Carmichael Dave tweeted that the next TUF coaches could be Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz, with them squaring off at the end.

Very good move on the UFC's part if this is true. Tito is one of the best TUF coaches as some of you guys stated, and Chuck was part of the hugely successful first season, where the best group of fighters have come from.

It's also a huge deal for the UFC, as they'd get a shitload of buyrates for this fight. Two of the most popular fighters in UFC history, in their last meeting. It could even be Chuck's last fight in which he'd get a true sendoff. This fight would be huge, and everything coming full circle for Tito, Chuck, and Dana. Remember that before Dana became UFC president, he managed Tito and Chuck.

Yeah, they need something huge to keep the momentum going from this season, and Tito Ortiz vs. Chuck Liddell is certainly a way to keep fans watching the show.

Sure, Chuck is past his prime, and we're not sure how Tito will look against Forrest, but they're still two huge draws nonetheless. Their 2nd fight was the highest grossing fight in UFC history at the time, and remained so all the way up to UFC 100. That's pretty impressive, and I think they could easily draw those numbers again, no matter what.

But I hope to God that if this does happen that Tito wins the fight. The 2nd fight was one of the worst stoppages I've ever seen, and even though I know morons will discredit Ortiz if he beat Chuck this time around, it'd still be much better than him losing to him again.

However, honestly... this all depends how Tito looks against Forrest tomorrow night. If he looks awesome and beats Forrest decisively, then I don't think they'll match him up with Chuck after that. But, if Tito loses to Forrest, then it'll be absolutely PERFECT to match these two up against one another, and just hype it up as the comeback trail for either fighter.

Part of the reason Tito would be such a great choice for TUF 11 can be summed up in just one word - POLARIZING.

Tito was a terrific coach on TUF 3, and he remains a friend and trainer to Kendall Grove to this day if I am not mistaken. Tito outcoached and outclassed Ken Shamrock, and then totally thumped him in the Octagon. He made his worst enemy look totally unworthy that year.

Lidell is also a terrific advocate for the sport, as he (along with Couture, Shamrock, and Ortiz) were among the original "faces of UFC," before Hughes and Arlovski got big.

The Dana White / Tito Ortiz subplot would also be something to watch.

This would actually be a great choice for TUF 11, in my opinion. Its already been said but the UFC needs to build off of the momentum of this current season and what better way to do so then put two of the UFC's biggest stars and rivals together one more time. Both men are legends and greatly helped bring mma to the mainstream so what better way to pay respect to them then have them coach against each other. If anything else the trash talk will be epic. Plus both guys have proven to be pretty good coaches throughout the seasons. Chuck coached Forrest Griffin and Diego Sanchez? and Tito dominated with Kendall Grove. So we know both men can coach. The charisma is another really good driving force for them. Tito and Chuck are both so popular that I know people will tune in, add a fighter with some name value and you may have a bigger season then the current one. And as much as I want to see GSP and Fitch coach they won't draw near the numbers that Liddell and Ortiz. Hopefully this can happen and the trilogy be finished by these two legends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back