• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

True Or False #2

Was It?

• Yes It Was

• Nope ____ Was Better. (Please state which game)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
I've decided to continue with this. Tonight, we're going to look at an era of "Megaman Battle Network" games. So here's today's proposal.

"Megaman Battle Network 2" was the best game of the Battle Network series.

megabattle2.jpg

When it comes to perfection in a Megaman game, this game is as close as you can get. From it's in depth storylines, to it's intriguing characters, this game had it all. I've come to notice that each game has had it's own special feature to fall back on.

MMBN1- The chip system
MMBN2- The style system
MMBN3- It's challenges
MMBN4- A Tournament system
MMBN5- A Team system
MMBN6- A "cross" system

"Style? What ever can you mean?" Well, I'll tell you. Eventually, as the game goes on, it starts to recognize your style of fighting opponents. As it does that, at the end of a battle, you will actually change into a totally new Megaman. Depending on the style thats given to you, you will turn a different color, and your megabuster option will be something relating to the type of style you are. Styles include:

Fire
Water
Grass
Elec.
Shield
Hub
Guts
Custom
Team

Each one had its own ability. However, besides that, everything just seemed to fall into place with this game. The storylines were perfect, and just kept flowing along without some stupid backstory interrupting them in the middle of it. The bosses in this game seemed to be perfect here too. From Airman to Gospel, every boss was perfectly fit, and perfectly timed into the game.

So, the question is... Was Megaman Battle Network 2 the best in the series?

Absolutely, 100% true.

Now, I'm a die-hard fan of the Mega Man Battle Network series. They were my introduction to the Mega Man universe, and also to the universe of forums. Yeah, in a way you can blame this game series for my presence here. Specifically, you can blame MMBN2.

MMBN2 was the first I ever played in the MMBN series. My brother had a copy, and he beat in while we were visiting England one summer. I had nothing else to do, so I played MMBN2, and it changed my life forever. I became obsessed. I had never played anything so...well, perfect. The story, the gameplay, the localization, everything was spot on.

Through the years I followed the series, playing each game as it came out. I've played every single game in the series now, and I can safely say that none of them can beat Battle Network 2. The writing, story, and localization was so much more polished in 2 in comparison to any of the others. It was deeper, more complex, more mature. The enemies were some of my favorites in the series, and the Gospel Corporation, headed by Shuryou, was my favorite Big Bad. The scenarios in the game were also my favorite in any game. I doubt that anyone who has played the game will ever forget the plane level, which was full of humor, fun, and suspense when things really got serious.

No other game in the series compares. The later games may have had Soul Unisons, Beast Crosses, and all sorts of fancy gameplay elements, but their localizations, chapters, enemies, music, and stories just can't hold a candle to the sheer genius that is Battle Network 2. It's as close to perfect as any game I have ever played.

In fact, the only game that even comes close to touching 2 is the final one, 6. And even that isn't quite in the same league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back