• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Troubles in ROH?

Tougie

WZ Sexual Panther
So I've been hearing for a bit that ROH has been having financial trouble, and now I notice on their roster page some big names are missing. Austin Aries, Necro Butcher, Erick Stevens and the DCFC. Now for most of them I would assume its just a matter of time until they resign. But I'm going to assume the worse, that they arent going to resign. All of them are good assets to the roster. So I figured I'd break each one down.

Note: Look at the roster, it is slimmed down tremendously.

Austin Aries
- Starting with the most important person on this list, Aries is easily the most talented out of the names above and the most important contributor to the future. He's been having solid in ring matches for a while, he's really over and most importantly if he is gone then what is next for Kenny King and Rhett Titus. Neither of them are quite ready on their own and as a tag team with Aries backing they defintely seemed more ready and improved. So if Aries doesnt resign ROH loses a top guy and a good platform for King and Titus.

Necro Butcher
- The top hardcore style wrestler in ROH since Eddie Kingston left (Even Before then but after Kingston's departure he was clearly the top brawler.) It would be a shame if Necro didnt resign although I would be he will. Not too high on his role in the Embassy but the story hasent gotten much further than I need money to support my family. Really hope to see Necro back as well.

Erick Stevens
- Been a fan of his for a while as well and he is a solid midcard guy for ROH at this time. He has steadily improved since joining the Embassy.

So yeah as you can see the Embassy would be crippled basically without these two. If they dont resign anyone else agree with bringing in Shawn Daivari's brother Arya?

DCFC
- A solid, over tag team for them.

I do see these five losses as a bad sign for ROH. Hopefully their contracts just expired and they quickly return. Thoughts?

I believe ROH and OVW are working closely together. Jim Cornett who is the producer or something of that nature, for ROH is also the head booker for OVW. I've read that some ROH events will also be held at the Davis arena where the OVW events are held. I believe this is due to both companies having low money. And those guys you mention just might be taking time off aswell. Its easy to get burned out. Or they could just be working other indy shows at the moment. Who knows? But they're probably still in the company right now. I wouldn't worry too much. If they were let go, we would've heard about it.

Well the fact their off the roster got me wondering. ROH has been doing a lot of shows near OVW's home turf, I recall Cabana hyping one of his matches in one of the recent ROH Video Wire.

They're obviously in economic trouble, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. ROH will be smart about it and they'll survive. If this talk about them working with OVW is true then they'll have a much easier time, and they'll be able to consider resigning some of those guys. Don't be surprised if they come back soon, either. It's the Indy circuit, stuff like this just happens all the time... don't put too much thought into it.

ROH is one of the most solidly run promotions around, they'll be fine. I've seen this happen to other promotions as well, it's just a minor rough stretch. ROH will be fine there is not need for all this mass hysteria.

I guess your taking this wrong cause its not like im concerned ROH will close in the next 2 months. The talent they havent resigned are important to their current product. Its a loss for them if they dont resign them, but its not like its going to kill the company.

I did not even notice this, All 5 men who are now not on the Roster have all played important parts in ROH in the past couple of months especially necro and aries. I dont understand why they would not make an official statement regarding this atleast or it would come up on a news site?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back